#1 Posted by Auto (8 posts) -

#2 Edited by Petiew (1328 posts) -

This is what happens when you let Rorie pick the ads. Damn those adorable dogs!

Also that's pretty awful.

#3 Edited by TruthTellah (8529 posts) -

@auto: You should report an ad like that to the moderators by clicking the link to the right, or just this link: http://www.giantbomb.com/pm/compose-mods/

They are generally intrusive ads, and they do their best to prevent them from popping up. It isn't always in their control, and they tend to appreciate when people courteously mention when they occur. Thank you.

#4 Posted by falserelic (5324 posts) -

#5 Edited by Auto (8 posts) -

@truthtellah: Thanks! Will do. Sorry for my ignorance I was just so shocked at how terrible it was, I couldn't even get rid of it :(

#6 Edited by TruthTellah (8529 posts) -

@auto: Yeah, I'm pretty certain that ad simply slipped through the cracks. Just nicely let them know. :)

#7 Posted by Auto (8 posts) -

@truthtellah: Let's hope so! It was getting it the way of some pretty serious stuff, like, you know, finding out if Americans wear shoes at home :-P

#8 Posted by TruthTellah (8529 posts) -

@auto said:

@truthtellah: Let's hope so! It was getting it the way of some pretty serious stuff, like, you know, finding out if Americans wear shoes at home :-P

The important things!

#9 Posted by Zaccheus (1788 posts) -

@auto said:

The important things!

Yeah that's nothing to joke about. Restricting access to that kind of information could be viewed as a human rights violation.

#10 Edited by Nezza (333 posts) -

And yet for for some reason advertising companies cannot begin to comprehend why some people install ad-blockers.

Just remember, that at some point someone sat down, looked at that and thought - 'yes this is exactly the kind of advert that will deliver customers to our client, and in no way will generate any ill will towards the client we are being paid to promote, nor the website displaying the advert'.

They then got in their car (parked in a disabled bay), drove straight through every red light and junction on the way home, stopping only to grab some milk which they paid for by pushing straight in at the front of the queue. As they arrived home and put on their 'best of infotainment' DVD, they put their feet up and kindly turned up the volume so the neighbours could also enjoy this quality shopping opportunity, they sadly wondered why people seem so angry nowadays.

#11 Edited by Morningstar (2139 posts) -

@nezza said:

And yet for for some reason advertising companies cannot begin to comprehend why some people install ad-blockers.

Just remember, that at some point someone sat down, looked at that and thought - 'yes this is exactly the kind of advert that will deliver customers to our client, and in no way will generate any ill will towards the client we are being paid to promote, nor the website displaying the advert'.

They then got in their car (parked in a disabled bay), drove straight through every red light and junction on the way home, stopping only to grab some milk which they paid for by pushing straight in at the front of the queue. As they arrived home and put on their 'best of infotainment' DVD, they put their feet up and kindly turned up the volume so the neighbours could also enjoy this quality shopping opportunity, they sadly wondered why people seem so angry nowadays.

Hehehe, that's quite the story.

#12 Posted by Rorie (2679 posts) -

@auto: I've been trying to replicate this one all day but it's never appeared for me. I'll make a note to the marketing team to try and get them to take it down, though.

Staff
#13 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

The rates for a dog to get car insurance on an under water sports car must be out of this world, I hope he has 4 jobs, and stock options.

#14 Posted by Zacagawea (1581 posts) -

Use the black site and maybe shit like this won't happen! Dirtbag.

#15 Posted by Auto (8 posts) -

@rorie: I reported this as suggested to me, I hadn't actually realised that it was a "rollover for more" prompt at first and thought it had just sprung up (not that it makes the ad any more appealing, it must have only taken a second to expand!). Mod also noted that there doesn't seem to be a way to close the expanded swiftcover advert without reloading the page.

#16 Posted by Auto (8 posts) -
#17 Posted by damnboyadvance (4059 posts) -

It's probably because you only have 5 posts. It's Giant Bomb's version of hazing, and will continue until you accumulate enough experience on the forums.