• 0 results
#1 Edited by BuggeX (76 posts) -

*** NOTE *** Development has stopped, all plugins have been replaced with official Whiskey Media plugins.

GO HERE (official thread) INSTEAD

XBMC

The last version is always available in the XBMC repository.

Go to System --> Settings --> Add-ons --> Get Add-ons --> XBMC.org Add-ons --> Video Add-ons --> Giant Bomb and select Install

Current version (2.0.3 for XBMC version Dharma)

• Videos (categorized)
  • Video search
  • Archived live streams

I will keep the old version up, and keep updating it, but no new features will be added.

Old version (1.5 for XBMC version Camelot or older)

• Videos (categorized)
  • Download here
  • Thread here

BOXEE

Now also available on the Boxee Box.Me and Laxaloot have made an app for the Boxee media center. The app is currently avalible in the Boxee App Library. Here is a link explaning how to get it.

Current version (1.6)

• Videos (categorized)
  • Video search
  • Bombcast
  • Archived live streams
  • Live streaming from the justin.tv channel

PLEX

Almost do with the Plex plugin. Still need some final tweaking and some art work, but works fine. When the plugin is complet I will try to submit it to the Plex store. But for now you can download it here.

Current version (0.9.2)

• Videos (categorized)
  • Video search
  • Archived live streams

Screenshoots

XBMC
BOXEE
PLEX
#2 Edited by BuggeX (76 posts) -

The newest version of the XBMC plugin is now available in the XBMC repository.    

#3 Posted by MuDDviLLe (2 posts) -

I'm getting errors when attempting to view videos through the Boxee app. First attempt at running the app crashed boxee, and any attempt to view videos after that presents these errors.

http://i52.tinypic.com/34zlmk4.jpg

Thoughts?

#4 Posted by BuggeX (76 posts) -

Yes, they have changed video format from flv to mp4. When I come home today, I will update the plugins and send them to BOXEE and XBMC later today.

#5 Edited by heat (190 posts) -

@BuggeX Will you be able to implement the HD urls for the plugin now?

#6 Posted by BuggeX (76 posts) -
@heat: Unfortunately no. No HD videos.
#7 Posted by BuggeX (76 posts) -

The XBMC plugin has been updated to work with the new video format, BOXEE update coming soon.

#8 Posted by MethodMan008 (824 posts) -

Sorry I am PC dumb...  But does this let us stream content from Giantbomb.com to our PS3 media server?

#9 Posted by Matt (967 posts) -

Keep up the great work!

#10 Edited by jonny_eh (58 posts) -

The boxee app doesn't work for me, I just get black when I try to play a video. Is this because of the format change you mentioned? Do I just need to wait for Boxee to update their repo with your fix? 

Thanks for the great work! You're awesome :) 

Also, would it be significant work to add support for the other Whisky Media sites? 

Edit: Doh! Silly me. I didn't read you carefully, you said you updated xbmc but not boxee yet. Sorry! I'll shut up and wait patiently.

#11 Posted by armaan8014 (5439 posts) -

What is all this? o_O

#12 Posted by jonny_eh (58 posts) -
@armaan8014 said:
" What is all this? o_O "
It's the future of media consumption. 

Seriously though, just download boxee and try it out.
#13 Posted by BuggeX (76 posts) -

Sorry guys, I have been bussy with work and some personal stuff, but will update the boxee app this week.

Currently it is only possible to access giantbomb and comicvine data, but Snide have said that API's is comming for all sites, but he could not say when.

#14 Posted by Sin4profit (2992 posts) -

Bump'n'Question; @BuggeX: @MuDDviLLe: @heat: @MethodMan008: @Matt: @jonny_eh: @armaan8014:
Just checked out Boxee, never messed with it before, pretty cool. I was just wondering what everyone's opinions are of the three media players here XBMC, Boxee, Plex...what's best, what are the pros and cons verses the others?

#15 Posted by Branthog (5595 posts) -

It'd be good enough if it would just work on the PS3 browser. What a fucking hassle.

#16 Posted by jonny_eh (58 posts) -
@Sin4profit: They're all free, try them out. I personally prefer Boxee. I like it's interface the most and is just really easy to setup and use. I also find that it's library scanning works better than Plex. I used to use Plex but have switched to Boxee, which is a good thing since Plex requires OSX, and would have required me to buy a $750 Mac Mini as a HTPC, yuck. Instead I bought a $280 Zotac MAG ND-01 and installed Ubuntu and Boxee.
#17 Posted by MuDDviLLe (2 posts) -
@Sin4profit:  As jonny_eh said, I enjoy Boxee if only for the interface. It's scanning for new items can be a bit bunk, and there's no way to manually add information for shows that it can't find series information on (which, admittedly, is fairly rare) but it's only bound to get better. If only they released updates more often.
#18 Posted by jonny_eh (58 posts) -
@BuggeX said:
" Sorry guys, I have been bussy with work and some personal stuff, but will update the boxee app this week. Currently it is only possible to access giantbomb and comicvine data, but Snide have said that API's is comming for all sites, but he could not say when. "
Any update on the boxee status? Thanks!
#19 Posted by BuggeX (76 posts) -
@jonny_eh said:

" @BuggeX said:

" Sorry guys, I have been bussy with work and some personal stuff, but will update the boxee app this week. Currently it is only possible to access giantbomb and comicvine data, but Snide have said that API's is comming for all sites, but he could not say when. "
Any update on the boxee status? Thanks! "
 I comitted a new version on Sep 21, but the BOXEE guys have failed to update the app. I have contacted them to but no response from them yet :(    
#20 Posted by jonny_eh (58 posts) -

Thanks BuggeX!  
Boo on boxee. Is there another repo you can upload to that doesn't have an approval process?

#21 Posted by BuggeX (76 posts) -
@jonny_eh said:
" Thanks BuggeX!  Boo on boxee. Is there another repo you can upload to that doesn't have an approval process? "
There properly is and I will look into that. 

They have responded to me now, so hopefully this will be corrected very sone.
#22 Posted by kalmis (1559 posts) -

Watching Enslaved QL on my old Xbox now! Didn't know that this was even possible. Totally awesome. Thank you BuggeX

#23 Posted by BuggeX (76 posts) -

FINALY. Boxee has deployed version 1.1

#24 Posted by drewdock (11 posts) -

Is anyone actively working on a Plex plugin? I'm REALLY digging the new Plex, and if nobody else is looking into this I might try to check it out myself. Never have worked on a plugin but it doesn't sound too terribly difficult.

#25 Posted by BuggeX (76 posts) -
@drewdock
Yes I'm currently working on it hopefully I will have a version ready for next week
#26 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

Nice work BuggeX

#27 Posted by jonny_eh (58 posts) -

Been using the new version you pushed last week to Boxee, it works great, thanks!

#28 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

I don't know what's going on.

#29 Posted by BuggeX (76 posts) -

Plex plugin available, see top of thread. This is not final version but it works ok.

#30 Posted by BuggeX (76 posts) -

new version (0.9.1) of the Plex plugin, fixed problem with showing new videos

#31 Posted by Matt (967 posts) -

I love the plugin on xbmc (Dharma) but it seems kinda slow. It looks like it's taking quite a while to get the video information. Anyway keep up the good work.

#32 Posted by sofakng (25 posts) -
Are you planning to add support for HD videos? 

I'm a paid member of Giant Bomb so if HD videos are available I'd much rather watch them instead of "High" quality...
#33 Posted by BuggeX (76 posts) -
@sofakng said:
" Are you planning to add support for HD videos?  I'm a paid member of Giant Bomb so if HD videos are available I'd much rather watch them instead of "High" quality... "
No HD Videos :( 
It is currently not supported by the API, hopefully it will be in the future (fingers crossed)
#34 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@BuggeX said:
" @sofakng said:
" Are you planning to add support for HD videos?  I'm a paid member of Giant Bomb so if HD videos are available I'd much rather watch them instead of "High" quality... "
No HD Videos :( It is currently not supported by the API, hopefully it will be in the future (fingers crossed) "
How would auth work in that case?  The same way as youtube accounts?
#35 Posted by BuggeX (76 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:
" @BuggeX said:
" @sofakng said:
No HD Videos :( It is currently not supported by the API, hopefully it will be in the future (fingers crossed) "
How would auth work in that case?  The same way as youtube accounts? "
I'm not sure how that works, but properly something where you type your username and password in the preferences once.
#36 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@BuggeX said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
" @BuggeX said:
" @sofakng said:
How would auth work in that case?  The same way as youtube accounts? "
I'm not sure how that works, but properly something where you type your username and password in the preferences once. "
Ah good.  Hopefully they'll open that side of the API up at some point.
#37 Posted by Deckard42 (137 posts) -

Hey BuggeX, I was watching friday's happy hour and they announced that they just created an RSS feed which includes their HD videos. I'm not too sure how it works, but Is there any way to incorporate that into your xbmc plugin? I would love to be able to stream their HD videos on xbmc.

#38 Posted by BuggeX (76 posts) -
@Deckard42 said:
" Hey BuggeX, I was watching friday's happy hour and they announced that they just created an RSS feed which includes their HD videos. I'm not too sure how it works, but Is there any way to incorporate that into your xbmc plugin? I would love to be able to stream their HD videos on xbmc. "
I don't know, but I will look into it
#39 Posted by asantosbr (138 posts) -

Cool

I am a Giant Bomb fan, and a heavy XBMC user, never know about this plug in, gonna test it tonite.

Thanks,

Reco

#40 Posted by fredpd (7 posts) -

Any thoughts on a Windows Media Center plugin?  I'd love to see that, it may even work on a xbox 360.

#41 Posted by BuggeX (76 posts) -
@fredpd: I don't know any thing about Windows Media Center plugins, but I will take a look. But there is a few things I need to fix with the current plugins before I could start working on a new one.
#42 Posted by Swoxx (3006 posts) -

Recently, Almost Live stopped working (at least for me). Everything  else is still working fine

#43 Posted by BuggeX (76 posts) -
@swoxx: Hey swoxx, I have also noticed this, I have found the problem at will submit a new version to the XBMC and Boxee repositorys later today, hope fully they should be available with in 48 hours. A new plex version will be available tonight.
#44 Posted by BuggeX (76 posts) -

Regarding the unavailability of the App on the Boxee Box, here is the response I got from Boxee support: 
" We are still QAing and making sure there are no issues with this and hope this will be updated in the Box in the future"

#45 Posted by Swoxx (3006 posts) -
@BuggeX: Awesome dude, thanks for your continuing work on this! It's great
#46 Posted by BuggeX (76 posts) -

The latest version of all the plugins should now be available.  (justin.tv fix) 

If any one owning a Boxee Box could tell me if the app is  available now, I would be very greatfull?

#47 Posted by Crazy_Horse (41 posts) -
@BuggeX:  The App is available now, thanks for working on it.  My only complaint is that I can't tell how the videos are sorted.  It doesn't seem to be the newest ones at the top.  At least in the quick looks.  
#48 Posted by BuggeX (76 posts) -
@Crazy_Horse No, unfortently it is sorteed in the wrong order from oldest to newest, i will fix it as fast as possible
#49 Posted by Crazy_Horse (41 posts) -
@BuggeX: Thanks man.  Loving the app.
#50 Posted by jaytima (6 posts) -

Is there any way to make the XBMC add-in use a login so we can stream HD videos?