Posted by Jeff (3336 posts) -

The time is now! The impossible is now possible! The Giant Bomb iPhone Application For iPhone And iPhone-like Devices is now available for purchase in Apple's App Store!

Needless to say, we're pretty excited. Partially because the application is really cool. It'll let you watch all our videos... yeah, that means you can now catch up on the Persona 4 Endurance Run while driving cross-country. Or watch video reviews while standing in a game store.

Of course, text is also represented. You can dig through the database to view pages, read news stories like this one, reviews, all of that.

But we're also excited because it means that we finally get to show you this commercial we made for the application.

How can you say no to this amazing offer? You can't! Head over to the iTunes Store and turn $1.99 into an eternity of magical moments!

Update from the Engineering Team:

It looks like an older version of the app somehow made it onto Apple's webservers. Unfortunately the app will crash when trying to load more then 25 videos at a time (you can still view videos from the game pages). Also, news stories will show a broken image where the embedded videos (like the one in this story) should have appeared. Simply click that image to launch the video. An free update will go out as soon as possible so there's no reason to wait if you want Giant Bomb on your iPhone.
Staff
#1 Posted by Jeff (3336 posts) -

The time is now! The impossible is now possible! The Giant Bomb iPhone Application For iPhone And iPhone-like Devices is now available for purchase in Apple's App Store!

Needless to say, we're pretty excited. Partially because the application is really cool. It'll let you watch all our videos... yeah, that means you can now catch up on the Persona 4 Endurance Run while driving cross-country. Or watch video reviews while standing in a game store.

Of course, text is also represented. You can dig through the database to view pages, read news stories like this one, reviews, all of that.

But we're also excited because it means that we finally get to show you this commercial we made for the application.

How can you say no to this amazing offer? You can't! Head over to the iTunes Store and turn $1.99 into an eternity of magical moments!

Update from the Engineering Team:

It looks like an older version of the app somehow made it onto Apple's webservers. Unfortunately the app will crash when trying to load more then 25 videos at a time (you can still view videos from the game pages). Also, news stories will show a broken image where the embedded videos (like the one in this story) should have appeared. Simply click that image to launch the video. An free update will go out as soon as possible so there's no reason to wait if you want Giant Bomb on your iPhone.
Staff
#2 Posted by Lashe (1238 posts) -

WOOOOOOOO!

#3 Posted by MrChlorophyll (36 posts) -

God yes, please let me give you my money pretty please ohgodIcan'tdoitfastenough.

#4 Edited by InFamous91 (931 posts) -

Giantbomb is becoming global

lol ryan is hilarious....GOD, this video is funny
I LOVE THIS WEBSITE!!!!!!

i going to get a iphone just for this app lol

#5 Posted by Jost1 (2077 posts) -

money: spent

#6 Posted by JJOR64 (18782 posts) -

I want an iPhone now.  :-(

#7 Edited by sithy (48 posts) -

Hell yeah. I applied this directly to my forehead right away!

#8 Posted by Kraivyne (75 posts) -

Must pay......... Subliminaalll.

#9 Posted by Tylea002 (2291 posts) -

SECOND BEST VIDEO ON GB!

#10 Posted by ververdan0226 (1573 posts) -

FUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK    YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Can't wait to try it out!  :)

#11 Posted by fenix1989uk (33 posts) -

Awesome commercial guys.  Loving the app :)

#12 Edited by get2sammyb (6413 posts) -

This is amazing. Congrats so much to everyone involved. Looks like a great product.

EDIT: Also, the commercial will go down in GiantBomb history. When the site is gone, it will go down as one of those videos that everyone remembers GiantBomb for.

#13 Edited by welly (118 posts) -

AHHHHA TIME TO BUY AN IPHONE

#14 Posted by ROCKZ (21 posts) -

So many LOL's compacted into one video. Great job.

#15 Posted by nihilisticmonkey (91 posts) -

Bought!

You guys must win an award for most app warnings on app store ever

infrequent/mild:- alcohol, tobacco drug references, mature themes, horror/fear themes, cartoon/fantasy violence, realistic violence, profanity and crude humor!

That's my boys!
#16 Posted by Akeldama (4216 posts) -

best video on GB 

#17 Posted by psoplayer (228 posts) -

I don't know if I'm paying $2 for the app or for that fantastic video.

#18 Posted by Slique (128 posts) -

Really impressed by the application so far. Shame about the low quality icon, though. Just makes it look a bit amatuer'ish amongst the rows and rows of applications on my primary (index?) page. Would have been nice to just have the logo with a transparent background, sort've like the Sky News one.

Also, that video was fucking hilarious. Bravo, sirs. Bravo.

#19 Posted by Cloneslayer (1605 posts) -

win exists in its purist form right in this video

#20 Posted by Brundage (368 posts) -

hahahahaha yes!

#21 Posted by Daanienator (164 posts) -

I bought it right away

#22 Posted by SuperMooseman (358 posts) -

I don't have an iPhone or a Touch, but if I did that video would have SOLD me.

#23 Posted by Cyborgmatt (93 posts) -

Haha.

#24 Posted by PsEG (3489 posts) -

Wave after wave of awesome...this is amazing. You had me at the dancing Vinny "icon" on the iPhone.

That said, I don't have any iPhone/iPod Touch/any other Apple devices I can purchase this kind of stuff on. Sorry for not being trendy enough. :(

#25 Posted by TheLawnWrangler (1656 posts) -

I am so scared... that commercial is great

#26 Edited by TheBeast (1931 posts) -

Awesome - great to see it's out.

A few points:
  • The app is crashing for me whenever I try to 'Load 25 More' in the Videos section
  • It would also be great to see some sort of filtering in the Videos section; so I could get all of the Endurance Runs for example.
  • I can't see the whole title of stories/videos - so I don't know which Endurance Run episode I'm picking and have to go through them all.
  • Everything seems to be rather sparsely displayed - it could do with a lot more thinking through as to how everything can be navigated and what information is shown.

Overall, it's really great to be able to support GB by buying this app - I only hope it'll get better over time.
#27 Posted by jos1ah (325 posts) -

oh man that sounds good! wish you jerks made one for the palm pre.

#28 Posted by Scroll (589 posts) -

I want an I phone just so I can buy this!

#29 Posted by ElectricBoogaloo (345 posts) -

That was the best video ever!

#30 Posted by NintenDood (366 posts) -

BEST.COMMERCIAL.EVER.

#31 Posted by thefjk (137 posts) -

That's the best advert ever... you guys are geniuses! Damn, I actually want an iPhone just so I can install your App!

#32 Edited by Rodiard (419 posts) -

If I had an iPhone I would buy this.

Best commercial ever.

#33 Posted by NinjaSquirrel (227 posts) -

I do not want to catch pregnancy!

#34 Posted by ms3boy (13 posts) -

That video was worth $1.99 alone! :P

#35 Posted by 8bitgeorge (15 posts) -

Best video ever.

#36 Posted by rargy (434 posts) -

If i had an iphone you'd have my $2.

#37 Posted by Mootalstrike (187 posts) -

I could totally see Jeff becoming Vince from Shamwow...

#38 Posted by creutzfeldt (5 posts) -

Giant Bomb - the most trusted brand in utter madness :) SOLD!

#39 Posted by MattBodega (1903 posts) -

This is the most important Iphone application of all time; really a sign of the times, the moment when that Giant Bomb turned into the Mushroom Cloud of magic and wonderment!
And it's available without subscription. Perfect!

#40 Posted by CleverLoginName (678 posts) -

Dude, yes.

#41 Posted by flamingBurrito (25 posts) -

Genius. Now if only I had an iPhone.

#42 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -

Holy shit I almost spat coke on my laptop, this is the funniest thing i've seen since the Roybertito's ad.

#43 Posted by EmptyQuarter (91 posts) -

Fucking amazing.

That and Robert Ashley's music video in one day have really made my head hurt.
#44 Posted by ch3burashka (4901 posts) -

"... STDs such as HIV/AIDS and pregnancy."

Genius, guys. If I had an iPhone, I'd buy it.

#45 Posted by DeepSpace9MM (98 posts) -

Fucking....EPIC!

#46 Posted by Moridin (710 posts) -

Best video EVER. Just nabbed the app, too. Time to play with it.

#47 Posted by Video_Game_King (34594 posts) -

Where was the Geico one? "What's that? *points to Giant Bomb (the bomb/logo)*" "Oh, that? That's the app you could be using on your iPhone." *plays that song they play in the commercial (I've no idea what it's called)*

#48 Posted by Delta_Ass (3230 posts) -

To be honest, I think the commercial's better then the actual app.

#49 Edited by Vorbis (2748 posts) -

I dont even own an iphone and want to buy the app after that video.

#50 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

This is the raddest day this month.