• 101 results
#51 Edited by pyromagnestir (4194 posts) -

#52 Posted by 49th (2667 posts) -

Great work! That's cool.

#53 Posted by MrBubbles (743 posts) -

These are awesome I can't wait for their reactions when they unbox them!

#54 Edited by MarkWahlberg (4580 posts) -

I haven't even seen the pathfinder thing and I think those are great. Nicely done sir.

#55 Edited by zimlorog (5 posts) -

These are incredible! I not only look forward to seeing these done, but I really hope the duders get to use them! :D

#56 Posted by GalacticPunt (1014 posts) -
M-my lords, what terrifying beauty... Please... stay your fury.

#57 Posted by DragoonZero (29 posts) -

@nekroskop: Yes! That's the plan. I just need to finish the rest of the party and then they're heading to San Fran.

Thanks to everyone for the comments! I haven't watched the new pathfinder show yet, but I hope all the characters survived. Haha.

#58 Edited by Monkeyman04 (998 posts) -

@dragoonzero: I know it's only been five days, but I'm itching for an update.

#59 Posted by DragoonZero (29 posts) -

@monkeyman04: You're getting your wish!

Below you will find the great quarterstaff thrower himself, Drewcifer! The rest of the gang is coming along as well! More updates soon, hopefully in fewer than 5 days.

Drewcifer! Preparing to shoot his quarterstaff into goblin heads!
Dat purp!
He's got a Firedrake Skin Cloak, because it's cool!

#60 Edited by Monkeyman04 (998 posts) -

I'm at a loss for words...That is just so COOL! Nice work.

#61 Edited by Rick_Fingers (524 posts) -

Great work mate, you're painting is top notch and your conversions are spot on. Really impressive

#62 Posted by mattscout007 (86 posts) -

I cannot wait to see the guy's reactions when they see these. This is seriously incredible duder, can't wait to see the rest!

#63 Posted by Hunter5024 (5505 posts) -

Is there somewhere you can pay to have people make you custom miniatures like these?

#64 Posted by SgtSphynx (1228 posts) -

These are fucking awesome

#65 Posted by development (1993 posts) -

Halfway there. Keep it up, man! I think I also imagined Drewcifer wearing purple. I'm wondering where V-BOMB learned to form such an extravagant mustache, though.

#66 Posted by Humanity (8709 posts) -

I can only hope the guys get those and make use of them. The Bomb crew really has the most amazing and talented fans.

#67 Posted by subyman (587 posts) -

That is great! I have a huge box of Reaper minis from the kickstarter. Maybe I can make them some things to fight :)

#68 Posted by ThunderSlash (1508 posts) -

I know that it's been said a couple times in here, but that is some professional work right there.

#69 Edited by Vuud (1943 posts) -

They're almost too nice to let those monkeys play Pathfinder with them.

#70 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (526 posts) -

That's some really top-notch work!

#71 Posted by chilibean_3 (1610 posts) -

Fantastic work, duder! Can't wait to see more.

#72 Posted by DragoonZero (29 posts) -

Hey Duders,

Thanks for all the great comments. It definitely helps keep the motivation up. The next member of The Last Canadians is ready for battle! Melanie is ready to embark on his quest to resurrect his mummified parrot Pickles! I'm pretty happy with the way they're coming out and hope you guys agree. Hopefully the guys keep the spirit of their characters in their next campaign!

Melanie in his Dwarven healing girly-named glory!
Pickles's coloration is based on a green macaw.

Blue cloak, long flowing locks, and a Dwarven Rune Hammer, ready to roll.

#73 Posted by chrissedoff (2075 posts) -

Awe-inspiring.

#74 Posted by Monkeyman04 (998 posts) -

No words...Should have sent a poet...

#75 Posted by Strife777 (1489 posts) -

Wow, can't believe I missed this. Those are fucking fantastic. Good job, sir.

Now it's almost sad that they'll re-roll characters.

#76 Posted by Thevamp25 (229 posts) -

Props to you man, these are fan-FUCKING-tastic.

#77 Edited by DragoonZero (29 posts) -

The updates are flying fast now! Below you will find John Swordmagic in his full combat regalia. Unfortunately, the original model for John had an unfortunate incident with a bad bit of spray-on primer. This resulted in a lot of clumpy and crappy finish that would really hurt the final paint job. So, I threw together a new figure quickly and I actually like this one a lot more!

The new John Swordmagic was inspired by Ian's initial desire to play a warlock combined with the fact that John Swordmagic could also be a name a crazy homeless person might give themselves. Hope you like what you see.

John Swordmagic has such high dungeoneering, he doesn't wear boots.
He's kinda got a Red Wizards of Thay vibe goin on.
"I am a powerful wizard, my clothes are blue!... Red clothes!"

#78 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

These are freakin' amazing. Great job, dude!

#79 Posted by Monkeyman04 (998 posts) -

DUDE! these are making me wish they weren't so close to finishing there first quest (?). I hope they will use these in the future ( they better!).

#80 Posted by subyman (587 posts) -

Has the GB crew seen these yet?

#81 Posted by Monkeyman04 (998 posts) -
#82 Posted by Butano (1728 posts) -
#83 Posted by Rorie (2524 posts) -

Looking nice!

Staff
#84 Posted by Bollard (5200 posts) -

These are too damn good, my god.

#85 Posted by The_Vein (269 posts) -

Dude this is so good. Seriously, amazed at your painting skills.

#86 Posted by DragoonZero (29 posts) -

Whoo! Shout out on the Facebook Page! Thanks Duders!

#87 Posted by Oddballs (114 posts) -

I really hope these get used in future sessions, incredible work.

#88 Posted by ryanpushor (7 posts) -

Wow dude well fucking done

#89 Posted by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -

Mind adequately blown.

#90 Posted by gaftra (155 posts) -

Really love your work!

I also got inspired to paint up some last Canadians! Forgive the phone pic, I'll try to get something nicer in tomorrow. went kinda bonkers on the Canadian color scheme.

#91 Posted by darkest4 (370 posts) -

Giantbomb best community in gaming. Amazing work, I hope you can get these in to them in time for the final fight.

#92 Edited by Triumvir (446 posts) -

@gaftra: I think I like your Melanie better. He has the kind of befuddled and good-natured expression that I get from Dave's roleplaying.

#93 Posted by Zelyre (1101 posts) -

@gaftra said:

Really love your work!

I also got inspired to paint up some last Canadians! Forgive the phone pic, I'll try to get something nicer in tomorrow. went kinda bonkers on the Canadian color scheme.

What are those minis from?

Character on the left (Drewcifer?) looks a bit like eEiryss.

#94 Edited by SuperTess (142 posts) -

Nice paint work! When I paint minis it looks like a toddler painted them.

#95 Posted by DragoonZero (29 posts) -

Awesome work! Glad to see other miniatures nerds on the field! Good to see the privateer press stuff out there too, their models are beautiful. Thanks for sharing these.

In this post you will also find Detroit Jones the deadly and unscrupulous elf rogue! Along with a group shot of the party. I've spoken with Matt and the minis will be packaged up and headed for the Giant Bomb offices in time for the final battle! I'm hoping to get a few surprises included as well. Fingers crossed everything goes to plan and the guys have miniatures on Thursday!

Detroit Jones: Gem Thief
Scimitar and dagger at the ready, preparing to be delivered to the enemy via fast-ball special.

Of course, Detroit's bag of "All the Guns"

The Last Canadians!
#96 Posted by Capum15 (4789 posts) -

@dragoonzero: Those are just simply incredible. Damn good work on those.

#97 Edited by Manhattan_Project (2114 posts) -

Two sets!? Fantastic work guys.

#98 Posted by gaftra (155 posts) -

@zelyre: Thanks! The models are from a few different ranges. Drewcifur and John are both Hordes figs from Privateer. The others are some boutique models I picked up on the coolminiornot.com store. There are a ton of nice options there if you are shopping for a hero. I did a couple hand/head swaps with bits I had to get closer to the look for each guy.

@dragoonzero Those are GREAT! Super excited to see them finished. Are you mailing your figs in?

I did send out mine for Thurs. delivery, so hopefully we can see them all on the show! Fingers crossed fedex doesn't crush them all. XP

#99 Posted by LackingSaint (1764 posts) -

These are fantastic! You should totally send them to the Bombers, they'd probably use these in the game.

#100 Posted by DragoonZero (29 posts) -

Bonus post!
I was inspired so I cranked out a bunch of monsters tonight! These guys were all painted today, so they're definitely rougher than the Canadian's themselves, but they're good enough to be vanquished by our heroes. Enjoy!

Skeletons! They smell better than zombies.
Goblins, a Goblin Chieftan, and two big orcs. Sorry for bad pic.
A frost giant, or blue troll, or some other kind of big scary guy with a club.
A young red dragon as a final challenge for the Canadians.