Giant Bomb PAX East plans??

unclejohn0525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Hey ya'll,

I know the duders usually hang out at a designated bar somewhere around Boston when they come for PAX East. I was wondering if they have said anything about what bar that will be this year. I generally watch everything they do, and I haven't heard anything yet.

I've been going to art school in Boston, and it's my senior year. I'm finally 21 for when Giant Bomb comes around, so I'll be able to go into wherever it is they'll be! I'm working on some Giant Bomb poster art I'd like to show them, too!

limond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think they will probably announce their plans tomorrow on the Bombcast. At their PAX East event last year at the bar I met some pretty cool dudes. One of which is my hotel buddy this year.

Just hope you don't look babyfaced like me. The bounces almost didn't let me in last year even though I was 26, out of state IDs confused them.

hookem1883

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I am making my first trip to Pax East this year, and I was wondering how early I needed to show up to get a seat at the Giantbomb panel on Friday at 9. Thanks for the advice!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By rorie

Unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll be doing anything formal at a bar this year - last year's event was very last-minute and anyone who attended will agree that it was kind of a disaster. (Wasn't my fault!) Anyone who's been to PAX East knows that there are very few spaces within walking distance of the convention center that can fit the ~400 people who showed up last year for the GameSpot/GB event without spending a lot of money on a bar or room reservation. We did that at PAX Prime but unfortunately the CBSi marketing people who set that up weren't involved with PAX East this year; by the time I heard this it was a bit late to get something set up.

The best bet to meet up with the guys is to come to the panel (we managed to fit in pretty much everyone last year, even the people who showed up just as it was starting, but there were only maybe 20 seats left at that point) and stick around afterward. We all usually come out to the lobby until they start telling everyone to get the heck out of the building and are more than happy to sign stuff or shake hands, etc.

I'd love to try and do something informal at a bar apart from that but, again, the area around the convention center is kind of a dead zone for nightlife.

pushBAK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By pushBAK

@rorie said:

Unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll be doing anything formal at a bar this year - last year's event was very last-minute and anyone who attended will agree that it was kind of a disaster. (Wasn't my fault!) Anyone who's been to PAX East knows that there are very few spaces within walking distance of the convention center that can fit the ~400 people who showed up last year for the GameSpot/GB event without spending a lot of money on a bar or room reservation. We did that at PAX Prime but unfortunately the CBSi marketing people who set that up weren't involved with PAX East this year; by the time I heard this it was a bit late to get something set up.

The best bet to meet up with the guys is to come to the panel (we managed to fit in pretty much everyone last year, even the people who showed up just as it was starting, but there were only maybe 20 seats left at that point) and stick around afterward. We all usually come out to the lobby until they start telling everyone to get the heck out of the building and are more than happy to sign stuff or shake hands, etc.

I'd love to try and do something informal at a bar apart from that but, again, the area around the convention center is kind of a dead zone for nightlife.

Rorie nailed it. There's been a lot of development in the past few years around the area, so this will likely change. There will be atleast two new hotels for next years PAX East on the same side of the water the convention center's in. But, for right now it's pretty barren.

unclejohn0525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Fuuuuuuuck. My dreams are dashed. I don't have the money for a PAX East ticket, being in college.