Giant Bomb PS4/Xbox One day one play question.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

Does anyone know if they'll be doing the opening of the console boxes, and then eventually playing it on camera for a few hours? I've always loved watching that, it's just very exciting to me. I am just curious if anyone knows. Anyone here have a favorite time when that happened? I remember watching back on GameSpot when they played the Wii for the first time; despite the Wii not being an amazing console in my opinion, them playing Zelda and huddled around the couch and TV was fun.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Jeff mentioned that they will be doing a play session on launch day. They've done it for all major releases over the past few years.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ntm said:

Does anyone know if they'll be doing the opening of the console boxes, and then eventually playing it on camera for a few hours? I've always loved watching that, it's just very exciting to me. I am just curious if anyone knows. Anyone here have a favorite time when that happened? I remember watching back on GameSpot when they played the Wii for the first time; despite the Wii not being an amazing console in my opinion, them playing Zelda and huddled around the couch and TV was fun.

Yes, they absolutely will. And I remember them doing the streams at gamespot as well, fond memories of jeff and rich and co.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NTM

@benny: @subyman: OK, cool. I assumed they would, but I just wanted to be sure. Thanks.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The launch plays were great content on gamespot, they'd really be missing a trick if they didn't do an unboxing/first play live, would make for some great content.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope we see some "awesome" Kinect games. These are always fun to watch. I am always in for some marathon next generation launch streams^^

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

I remember that Wii stream, with them playing Twilight Princess and being unable to get past the first village. Not blaming them, I was as stumped as they were.

I guess this is GB's first console generation launch (sorry, Wii U). Pretty exciting.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bigjeffrey

Doubt they will do a unboxing, they need to set them up for video shit. Maybe if they have multiple consoles they'll unbox.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doubt they will do a unboxing, they need to set them up for video shit. Maybe if they have multiple consoles they'll unbox.

Yeah, that's understandable and I didn't really expect them to both unbox it then play, though I can see them putting up a separate video for the unboxing.