Giant Bomb Review Predictions #1

vgmkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

Edited By vgmkyle

I would like to start a blog on predicting Giant Bomb's upcoming review scores. I seem to be really quite good at it, and it's fun when I'm right which seems to be 100% of the time. So let's see if I'm talented on the spot with this.

The game to start this whole thing up is going to be Tekken 6. So here I go.

No Caption Provided
Firstly, I have watched Jeff play Tekken for years. He's a great player. A fantastic player even. For someone who spends all their time around video games it seems he wouldn't have the time to be so good at Tekken. He clearly has passion for this franchise and will clearly be the one to review this title. I don't like Tekken. The flow of the combat is a bit strange to me, and the learning curve is awkward. I never have had a connection with any of the characters or the games visual style. But a lot of people love this series. Jeff is one of those people. Without question in my mind this game will get a 4-5/5.

There is a possibility of a 4/5, but I am really not seeing it. The game looks like it's evolving enough to warrant the perfect score. 

I was wrong on this one, but I'm glad Jeff finally gave a Tekken game a mediocre score, so I win either way.

No Caption Provided
Next up is the WWE video game series, "Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010". I love these games. Lately they have been GOD awful though. 2008 was rehash and 2009 was as well. 2010 seems to be adding CRAZY cool creation tools. I'm very tempted to buy the game myself after seeing such interesting concepts in the quick look. Jeff clearly enjoyed himself from what I viewed and it's clear fans of these games are going to love it. You can still see flaws in the games presentation but it seems like it's offering a lot of improvement and innovation. If Jeff reviews this game it will get a 3-4/5

A 3/5 is possible, I didn't get to see all of the quick look, but Jeff really seemed to enjoy what he was doing. Especially with Good Old Jim Ross.

Correct with this review. Was hoping it would have gotten a higher score.
vgmkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By vgmkyle

I would like to start a blog on predicting Giant Bomb's upcoming review scores. I seem to be really quite good at it, and it's fun when I'm right which seems to be 100% of the time. So let's see if I'm talented on the spot with this.

The game to start this whole thing up is going to be Tekken 6. So here I go.

No Caption Provided
Firstly, I have watched Jeff play Tekken for years. He's a great player. A fantastic player even. For someone who spends all their time around video games it seems he wouldn't have the time to be so good at Tekken. He clearly has passion for this franchise and will clearly be the one to review this title. I don't like Tekken. The flow of the combat is a bit strange to me, and the learning curve is awkward. I never have had a connection with any of the characters or the games visual style. But a lot of people love this series. Jeff is one of those people. Without question in my mind this game will get a 4-5/5.

There is a possibility of a 4/5, but I am really not seeing it. The game looks like it's evolving enough to warrant the perfect score. 

I was wrong on this one, but I'm glad Jeff finally gave a Tekken game a mediocre score, so I win either way.

No Caption Provided
Next up is the WWE video game series, "Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010". I love these games. Lately they have been GOD awful though. 2008 was rehash and 2009 was as well. 2010 seems to be adding CRAZY cool creation tools. I'm very tempted to buy the game myself after seeing such interesting concepts in the quick look. Jeff clearly enjoyed himself from what I viewed and it's clear fans of these games are going to love it. You can still see flaws in the games presentation but it seems like it's offering a lot of improvement and innovation. If Jeff reviews this game it will get a 3-4/5

A 3/5 is possible, I didn't get to see all of the quick look, but Jeff really seemed to enjoy what he was doing. Especially with Good Old Jim Ross.

Correct with this review. Was hoping it would have gotten a higher score.
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By PureRok

I'll actually be surprised if Tekken gets a 5/5.

slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By slinky6

I'd say probably 4/5 on Tekken 6.    Jeff was mostly commenting on how good the game looked.   Other than that it was pretty much "yep this is Tekken."   Unless the online is perfect and the game has a bunch of crazy extras I don't see it getting a 5/5.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By kraznor

Yeah, I'm thinking Tekken is likely a four, a five would be quite surprising. This doesn't look to be generating the same excitement as Street Fighter IV or MK vs DCU. I'm saying WWE will only get a four if that story creator stuff continues to impress him. The rest of it looked kind of run-of-the-mill.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Scooper

I agree, I don't see Tekken as getting a 5.

I'm going to make a prediction... I don't want you guys to flame me it's just a guess..... MW2 5/5 I KNOW IT'S A CRAZY THING TO SAY!!! SHUTUP!!

Mephiles1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mephiles1990

I see Tekken getting a 3.5-4/5. It just doesn't seem to be evolving enough to really warrant the perfect score. 

As for WWE, I think it should get about the same score. While it doesn't seem to be a rehash lik '08 and '09 were, if the online isn't top notch and if the controls aren't really tight, then I don't see it getting any higher.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ververdan0226

No Caption Provided
Guessing on review scores??? Really people??

This makes me ill...
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Pie

Is this really neccesary? 

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By JJOR64
@ververdan0226: I agree with you.  Who cares if a game gets a 4 or 5.  As long as the game is enjoyable, shouldn't you be happy?
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ververdan0226
@JJOR64 said:

" @ververdan0226: I agree with you.  Who cares if a game gets a 4 or 5.  As long as the game is enjoyable, shouldn't you be happy? "

This is the shit that makes me refrain the forums more and more now. It's stupid. It's idiotic. I was browsing the blogs for the Spotlight and this is what I find?? Come on, people... who cares, really? Does it matter? In my personal opinion, this is utterly disgusting guys...

I completely agree with you man. And by the way, did somebody really say 3.5 to 4/5??
Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Phished0ne
@ververdan0226: dude you need to chill out, if someone wants to blog speculations about review scores let them do it without fucking chastising them. Its his blog, he can do so if he wants, and you shouldn't feel the need to shit on him for it. 

Back on topic, i would guess that Tekken would get a 4,  and the same with WWE..eh but i donno, either of those games look like they have some hidden horribleness that could bump them down to 3's.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pie
@ververdan0226: Dude its one duder duder
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By TwoOneFive

just for the record,  
5/5 does not mean perfect 

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By Ineedaname
@TwoOneFive said:
" just for the record,  5/5 does not mean perfect  "
This was just about to say.

Their review system isn't really for the game's quality as such (Obviously it's key)but more a recommendation on whether or not you should buy the game based on their opinion.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

You're really covering your ass by giving two possible review scores for each game.  Why make a prediction at all?  It isn't useful.  There are only 5 possible choices & you've picked 2/5ths giving yourself only 60% error margin.  And a game only hits 1 or 2 if it's completely lame, so most of the time those ratings will NEVER be chosen...so you got a total of 3 whole choices & only 20% error margin since you picked 2 out of 3 for each game.   You're such a jeenyus!!!

vgmkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vgmkyle

5/5 isn't perfect, but it's as good as a score can get on the site. So I'm not saying the actual game will be perfect if a 5 is scored.

Anyway, Lind L Taylor. I'm not just predicting the scores, but I'm also expressing my thoughts and opinions. In other words, I'm writing about games while predicting their respective scores. I don't see fault in that.

zkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zkilla

Tekken 6: 4 out of 5 
WWE smackdown vs raw 2010: 4 out of 5 
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@vgmkyle said:
" 5/5 isn't perfect, but it's as good as a score can get on the site. So I'm not saying the actual game will be perfect if a 5 is scored.  Anyway, Lind L Taylor. I'm not just predicting the scores, but I'm also expressing my thoughts and opinions. In other words, I'm writing about games while predicting their respective scores. I don't see fault in that. "
But isn't it obvious?  If all goes as planned, those numbers will be met just based on previous history.  The only thing they could do wrong is if they rushed the release & published a broken or boring game.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zeforgotten

Hold on, we're not allowed to blog on Giantbomb either? 
What the fuck are you Nazis up to? :o

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kmdrkul
@ververdan0226 said:
" @JJOR64 said:

" @ververdan0226: I agree with you.  Who cares if a game gets a 4 or 5.  As long as the game is enjoyable, shouldn't you be happy? "

This is the shit that makes me refrain the forums more and more now. It's stupid. It's idiotic. I was browsing the blogs for the Spotlight and this is what I find?? Come on, people... who cares, really? Does it matter? In my personal opinion, this is utterly disgusting guys...  I completely agree with you man. And by the way, did somebody really say 3.5 to 4/5?? "
Really?  Because the one thing that makes me refrain from the forums more and more are the people consistently bitching about bad forum topics and doing nothing to actually help the situation, other than, you know, keep bitching.  I fail to see anything wrong with one person wanting to speculate what his favorite website will rate a couple of games that he clearly has interest in.   It's appalling quite frankly that you choose to pick on this poor guy who doesn't post all that often when he makes a legitimate thread worth discussing, yet several users are allowed to get away with highway robbery by posting nothing more than glorified flamebait and worthless posts in every topic they walk in.

Really, this is a great idea... lets flip a bitch on a user with thirty posts so we can guarantee he never posts again.  Jeez.  Better yet lets post a picture flipping them off to add insult to injury. 
Mephiles1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mephiles1990
@kmdrkul: Bravo, good sir. Couldn't have said it any better myself. 

If you're going to troll people, at least troll people who deserve it. Like flamebaiters, for example.