#1 Edited by xMEGADETHxSLY (446 posts) -
#2 Posted by handlas (2716 posts) -

Yep, got a Surface and downloaded. Doesn't have all the video content tho

#3 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Metro apps are never disappointing, that video 'wall' seems a little mismanaged though.

#4 Posted by TheFaxman (51 posts) -

@handlas: Go to settings and you can put in your subscriber information. Once you do that you'll have access to everything.

#5 Posted by JasonR86 (9762 posts) -

The app looks nice and all but I was just trying to picture myself using the Metro interface with my laptop and it seems like it would be terrible.

#6 Posted by Mendelson9 (405 posts) -

I won't use this on my desktop but I really like having the updated live tile whenever I do open up the Start Screen.

#7 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

I hope the WP8 app ends up a lot better than the WP7 app. None of what is wrong with it has anything to do with whoever created it, they just got stuck with a really shitty video player. It refreshing back to basically the home page of the app every time you locked the phone (or accidentally bumped one of the capacative touch buttons on your phone, worst "feature" ever by the way) was about the silliest thing ever.

#8 Posted by Jnorman (67 posts) -

I just wanna go ahead and put it out there (While it is only slighly related to this): the site works great on IE for xbox, and the browswer for PS3, which is my primary means of watching quick looks. Love it love it love it. Thanks for keeping the site awesome.

#9 Posted by Unequivocable (225 posts) -

I'm running Windows 8 on my PC hooked up to my TV in the living room and this app is great for quickly watching video in that environment. Kudos to Ryan Fairfax!

#10 Posted by Sin4profit (2992 posts) -

Yep, the GiantBomb app was the first metro app that sold me on what windows is doing (and it's still the only valuable app i have for Win8) Really it's just the push notifications that i like the best. instead of refreshing like a fiend i'll get a tweetdeck style notification on GB updates.

@TheFaxman: Do you get notifications of live events on GiantBomb if you put in your subscriber information? that's the only thing i think it's missing, outside of that it's pretty great.

#11 Posted by Scrawnto (2461 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

The app looks nice and all but I was just trying to picture myself using the Metro interface with my laptop and it seems like it would be terrible.

I wouldn't use the metro interface with a laptop any more than I do on my PC, which is roughly none. Metro is definitely tablet oriented. I think this app would actually be pretty good for that.

@Sin4profit said:

Yep, the GiantBomb app was the first metro app that sold me on what windows is doing (and it's still the only valuable app i have for Win8) Really it's just the push notifications that i like the best. instead of refreshing like a fiend i'll get a tweetdeck style notification on GB updates.

Huh, actually the notifications might get me to use this on a full PC too. That sounds neat.

#12 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

As soon as I can use a controller with this I will buy it

#13 Posted by Nev (558 posts) -

I gotta say, this looks pretty slick.

#14 Posted by ShockD (2429 posts) -

Looking great indeed.

#15 Posted by TheFaxman (51 posts) -

@Sin4profit: The chat (live event) notifications should work either way - you just won't get notified of subscriber only events if you haven't linked. That being said there might be a bug here - I'll see if I can investigate some more this Thursday when TNT starts.

#16 Posted by TheFaxman (51 posts) -

@MordeaniisChaos: There are two apps on WP7 - one called Giant Bomb, and mine (Giant Bomb WP7). The problems you mention shouldn't exist in my WP7 app and there is a WP8 version coming soon.