Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By ned_perfel
@Deusoma said:
" @Kyle said:
" @Branthog said:
" Wow, way to encourage more pubescent thirteen year old boy games, with the awards to Bayonetta. "  
Sounds like someone didn't play Bayonetta. "
Regardless of the quality of Bayonetta the game, Bayonetta the character is, despite the inexplicable awarding here, a two-dimensional, wildly misogynistic stereotype. Confident in any situation? Yes, but only because she has a one-note personality. The game is awesome in spite of Bayonetta, not because of her. "
"Hi I played 5 minutes of Bayonetta and here's what I think"
nidzumi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#202  Edited By nidzumi

Why is the Best New Character copy on a picture of Mordin?

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Gaff
@Deusoma
@Kyle said:
" @Branthog said:
" Wow, way to encourage more pubescent thirteen year old boy games, with the awards to Bayonetta. "  
Sounds like someone didn't play Bayonetta. "
Regardless of the quality of Bayonetta the game, Bayonetta the character is, despite the inexplicable awarding here, a two-dimensional, wildly misogynistic stereotype. Confident in any situation? Yes, but only because she has a one-note personality. The game is awesome in spite of Bayonetta, not because of her.
A cowboy reluctantly gets drawn back into his violent past.
A remorseful scientist who helped commit effectively genocide on an entire race.

Trauma does not equal character depth.
metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#204  Edited By metalsnakezero

Man, Life is Beautiful - Deadly Premonition almost made it but at least its its in the runner ups.
Bayonetta is killing it with day one.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#205  Edited By Claude
@notsonic said:
"

Darksiders was ROBBED. I hope it manages at least a runner up in some category, though I doubt it. No one gave that game enough of a chance and simply wrote it of as a zelda clone. Its much more than that, even based on the depth of combat alone.

also I AM THE VERY MODEL OF A SCIENTIST SALARIAN

"
I've been playing the hell out of Darksiders. The way it keeps throwing new shit at you always keeps me playing more. I'm not a big huge boss fan, but the bosses are fun and challenging, even the mini bosses. I've really enjoyed my time with it. I can't wait to finish it, just got it recently.
Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Scrawnto
@eagles_band said:
" Giant Bomb gave no love to RDR because R* didn't sent GB a review copy.  "
They actually buy a lot of games before any review copy even gets there. I seriously doubt that factors at all.
fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#207  Edited By fox01313

I'm still somewhat surprised that Comic Jumper didn't get closer to the top 3 of the debut games (might make it if there's 360 XBLA catagory), while the game play itself is okay, the characters & settings (as well as CJ & Star's reaction to them) was wicked funny & hard to beat the FMV stuff that Twisted Pixel put in the game.

DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By DeathByWaffle

I didn't agree with Jeff at all about what he was saying about Limbo, but I do like that Bayonetta won best debut.

Duffyside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#209  Edited By Duffyside

It's interesting that Darksiders gets put down because it's not original enough, when really it was the most original of the bunch. 

During the podcast, Jeff called Limbo "yet another 2D indie platformer with an art style." Ryan then said "well if you say 'yet another' in front of anything it makes it sound bad." Brad then chimed in with "yet another dancing game" in regards to Dance Central. 

Right, and Bayonetta (as much as I love it) is yet another 3rd person action game, a la Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, God of War, and other shitty ones. Limbo is another 2D indie platformer with an art style. 

But Darksiders is "yet another Zelda game." There's a reason why the term is "Zelda game." Because there's only one other game like it! Darksiders is like Zelda... but in high-def, with a deeper combat mechanic and a more "mature" theme. It's awesome.

That said... I'm glad Bayonetta won.

Ronald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#210  Edited By Ronald

I totally agree with the choice of Borderlands. It's the game from 2009 that I've enjoyed way more in 2010 than most 2010 games. As for Bayonetta, eh. And StarCraft was a shoe(maker) in for the win so no surprises there.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#211  Edited By AndrewB

No Civ V in soundtrack category is blasphemous. That totally counts as original music, and it's totally badass.

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#212  Edited By Kjellm87

AHA, 
GOTY stuff is being released at last.
Time to get angry and butthurt   :D

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#213  Edited By Daroki
@Duffyside said:
" There's a reason why the term is "Zelda game." Because there's only one other game like it!"
3D Dot Game Heroes says, "Hi" in all it's pixelated glory.
boylie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#214  Edited By boylie

Didn't they give Best Character to Mordin in the podcast? Change of heart?

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#215  Edited By RIDEBIRD

What, no Cataclysm on PC-only? I'm guessing it's just a slip since no one of you really play WoW or keep up with it.  I would say it's the GOTY overall, and definitely so for PC-only. I do have StarCraft II as a fairly strong runner up however. 

Then again, I guess ranking an expansion as a ''real game'' is a question of definition.

aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#216  Edited By aleryn

Love it so far.  Go fragging Platinum.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By AgentofChaos

TEXT AWKWARDNESS.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By samcotts

Messed up big time with the Best Character category. Guess there had been a mix up and they accidentally wrote something up for Beyonetta and put her in the Day One video, and decided to just stick her as joint winner. 

Shame really, Agent York and Mordin are way better.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By MrKlorox

Great... I don't agree with a single one of these.

p0tat0_5alad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#220  Edited By p0tat0_5alad

I thought Devil N' Bass was the best song on the Super Meat Boy Soundtrack. Still like the Pac-Man song better though... 

Oh, and Hakan should have been nominated best new character...

j/k

TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#221  Edited By TheAdmin

On the podcast it's clear mordin is best new character - what's up with thIs list? Why is it all mixed up?

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#222  Edited By Seedofpower

@Brad

You monkeys for forgot something.
Best fucking expansion of the year. I hate how this game gets unnoticed by the fucking crew.
DBagalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By DBagalot

Ah good ole' game of the year debates. Everyone has their own opinions which make this so interesting.

Shiro_Shishi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Shiro_Shishi
@Seedofpower said:
" @Brad
Best fucking expansion of the year. I hate how this game gets unnoticed by the fucking crew. "
You for forgot how to make sentences.
AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By AngriGhandi

If they go and re-edit that text on Mordin to read like he's actually saying it, that would be the best thing ever.

"Bayonetta. First glance: everything wrong with women in games. However! Later revealed to be bizarre metaphor for human female empowerment. Guns on feet also. Very strange.
Wouldyoulikeasteak?"

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Seedofpower:
I thought Dawn of War II came out in 2009? I was also under the impression that Expansions weren't being mentioned, since Cataclysm didn't show up.
august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By august
@AngriGhandi said:
" If they go and re-edit that text on Mordin to read like he's actually saying it, that would be the best thing ever.  "Bayonetta. First glance: everything wrong with women in games. However! Later revealed to be bizarre metaphor for human female empowerment. Guns on feet also. Very strange....Wouldyoulikeasteak?" "
Hmm yes indeed.
foolosophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By foolosophy

BORDERLANDS!

KensterFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#229  Edited By KensterFox
@AngriGhandi said:
" If they go and re-edit that text on Mordin to read like he's actually saying it, that would be the best thing ever.  "Bayonetta. First glance: everything wrong with women in games. However! Later revealed to be bizarre metaphor for human female empowerment. Guns on feet also. Very strange....Wouldyoulikeasteak?" "
You win 50 internets.
hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#230  Edited By hakunin
@AngriGhandi said:
Post of the year.
Zlatko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Zlatko

I love watching Brad play Starcraft 2. He should open up a youtube acct and upload matches where him and like Jeff commentate on them...or they could do 1 weekly game where he does it Live and it gets recorded on here. 

SC2 multiplayer endurance run :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AngriGhandi said:
I don't know who the fuck you are, but I like you.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By meteora
@AngriGhandi said:
Awesome.
MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#234  Edited By MeatSim

Nothing wrong with any of these picks.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By MrKlorox

Hay! They mentioned STALKER. I'm kinda pissed they didn't play it and gave PC game to VVVVVV (which is surely coming to consoles soon). But at least Dave will give it some love.

Dave is still my favorite WM staffer.

ScruffMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By ScruffMoney

I guess it's good that you mentioned it but, no Another Winter (from Scott Pilgrim)!? What the hell, Giant Bomb, why do you hate good music?

SuBsTaNcE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By SuBsTaNcE

I love how they added the "Best PC only game" category for Brad

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#238  Edited By turboman

no love for Jose Gonzalez's song from Red Dead Redemption?

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#239  Edited By Kyle

Man, people are really getting bent out of shape about these awards. GOTY awards are subjective fun, not a science. Let's all take a deep breath for a second.

DaBuddaDa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By DaBuddaDa

What is this "we don't even know" crap, Mordin won fair and square, very clearly on the podcast!

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#241  Edited By falconer
@DaBuddaDa said:

" What is this "we don't even know" crap, Mordin won fair and square, very clearly on the podcast! "

Clearly there was enough confusion amongst the guys (or just Brad) leading up today and/or the writing of today's article in order to cause this mix up. Therefore, they just said fuck it and said the two both won. Not that big of a deal at the end of the day...
fillmoejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#242  Edited By fillmoejoe

I thought John Marston would be nominated. That's what you get for not singing John!

CharAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By CharAznable

Fuck yeah, I love watching these guys play and commentate on StarCraft. I fell off and can't really keep up with the competition these days, but it's still fun to watch.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By NekuCTR
@Duffyside said:
" It's interesting that Darksiders gets put down because it's not original enough, when really it was the most original of the bunch. 

During the podcast, Jeff called Limbo "yet another 2D indie platformer with an art style." Ryan then said "well if you say 'yet another' in front of anything it makes it sound bad." Brad then chimed in with "yet another dancing game" in regards to Dance Central. 

Right, and Bayonetta (as much as I love it) is yet another 3rd person action game, a la Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, God of War, and other shitty ones. Limbo is another 2D indie platformer with an art style.  But Darksiders is "yet another Zelda game." There's a reason why the term is "Zelda game." Because there's only one other game like it! Darksiders is like Zelda... but in high-def, with a deeper combat mechanic and a more "mature" theme. It's awesome. That said... I'm glad Bayonetta won. "

BRNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By BRNK

Ugh. The character of the year discussion lays bare the fact that the GB guys (other than Brad) totally lack an understanding of what makes a great character. Bayonetta?!? Agent York?!?!  Jesus fucking christ. 
 Clear anti-cowboy bias.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Seedofpower
@animathias:  It's a stand alone game. You don't need the original and Chaos rising came out in 2010.

@Shiro_Shishi: No, those are sentences. I just need to edit my grammar when I am raging, Nazi.
eristocrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By eristocrat

Love the way Ryan says motherfucker after they all say Pac-Man CE DX.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By LiquidSwords

I can see the tears through some of these post.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#249  Edited By kraznor

I'm kind of flummoxed by all the Bayonetta love. That game was a fun weekend rental 11 months ago, but it is in no way in the running for one of my top games of the year. It was nice that Deadly Premonition was at least given some respect, getting runner-up in two categories. I thought everyone at Giant Bomb hated that game completely but apparently its just Brad.

JMartNWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By JMartNWA

Why was the original song from RDR not even mentioned?  I was fine with what was on the list, especially the SMB stuff, but the entering Mexico tune in RDR had to have at least made a list of some kind, at least to me.

Also couldn't disagree more with Jeff on Limbo - that argument was frustrating, though not as bad to me as the Character stuff - got a bit tired of hearing "Morton" rather than Mordin.