GiantBomb 101 - Intro to Giant Bomb

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Hey duders,

Some friends of mine have shown interest in getting into Giant Bomb (probably 'cause I talk about and make references to the site a lot) and asked me to present them "an intro to Giant Bomb".

I tried thinking about which videos would be a good introduction, but thought: What better way than asking you guys? I guess there probably are similar threads on the forums but I can't seem to find it.

Anyways, if you guys were introducing someone to Giant Bomb, which videos/bombcasts would you suggest to them?

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Loading Video...

This video contains all you need to know about Giantbomb.

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@kevin_cogneto: Oh! Nice suggestion! I had completely forgotten about the "Best of Giant Bomb" series

@nux: That is a must hahahaha

TN04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started listening to the podcast around mid 2012 but only started properly visiting the site around 2013. Turboman's best of Giant Bomb series is awesome to catch up with the inside jokes and stuff. I would also recommend just youtubing some clips of the bombcast they seem to capture the best moments. They're also some premium stuff out on youtube aswell.

Also, if they are looking for some podcasts to listen to This Year just released the best of bombcasts for 2014 which is pretty cool. http://www.thisyearcollection.org/ The previous years editions are on the right hand side.

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always show this to newcomers. Can't think of a better "101".

Loading Video...

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Just send them to TurboMan's Youtube page, that oughtta do the trick.

@tn04 said:

Also, if they are looking for some podcasts to listen to This Year just released the best of bombcasts for 2014 which is pretty cool. http://www.thisyearcollection.org/ The previous years editions are on the right hand side.

These are definitely the most comprehensive resources available that I would have suggested to get into some of their best material as quickly as possible.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I always show this to newcomers. Can't think of a better "101".

Loading Video...

Wait....where are the bikini girls?

Common_Moniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Common_Moniker

I would also just throw in the "this year" podcasts. They are compilations of some of the best moments and discussions from the Bombcast for every year from 2008 through 2014.