• 98 results
#1 Posted by xahlt (1 posts) -

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but from this season's "Freda."

#2 Edited by ArbitraryWater (12107 posts) -

This is just as cool and sort of weird as when Archer did it.

#3 Posted by TheHT (11776 posts) -

Nice! Really like that show.

#4 Posted by RPGee (763 posts) -

GLHB seems to be the port of call for Giant Bomb references in other media. Perhaps for a good reason. This is pretty cool nonetheless.

#5 Posted by Gamer_152 (14109 posts) -

Still kind of nuts to see Giant Bomb called out by things that aren't just internet people and websites. This is really cool.

#6 Posted by JayEH (533 posts) -

Took me a bit to actually see the reference I was expecting an picture or something. Anyway that's really cool! I had no idea this show existed though haha.

#7 Posted by RonGalaxy (3266 posts) -

I can't for the life of me see the reference.

#8 Edited by periahdark (116 posts) -
#9 Edited by Brackynews (4094 posts) -

@xahlt: I have to admire ya for making this your first post after 3 years.

@naru_joe93 said:

I assume you'll edit this when you do. ;)

#10 Posted by toastface (108 posts) -

@naru_joe93: On the lower right. Good luck, have Batman.

#11 Edited by insane_shadowblade85 (1523 posts) -

@naru_joe93 said:

Right side of the HUD has a GLHB on it and two <>.

#12 Posted by wrathofconn (1453 posts) -

<>

Truth.

#13 Posted by granderojo (1792 posts) -

This is great.

#14 Posted by Matoyak (320 posts) -

Bottom-right corner. GLHB and the <><>.
Though I will admit that it took me a bit to catch it as well.

#15 Edited by RonGalaxy (3266 posts) -

@periahdark: it's something that happened before my time with the site, but I looked it up. Is it possible that it's actually in reference to StarCraft 2's use of the term?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=GLHB

#16 Posted by RetroVirus (1491 posts) -

Aw, that's really cool.

#17 Edited by patrick5152003 (264 posts) -

never heard anyone say that. but batman is my avatar, so that's cool.

#18 Edited by buzz_clik (7026 posts) -

@naru_joe93: Giant Bomb's "Good Luck, Have Batman" was born out of a spoof of the traditional "Good Luck, Have Fun" initialisation.

See also: batmanbatmanbatman.com

EDIT: batmanbatmanbatman.com is no longer a website. I am sad as fuck about this.

#19 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5401 posts) -

@periahdark: it's something that happened before my time with the site, but I looked it up. Is it possible that it's actually in reference to StarCraft 2's use of the term?

Possible, but the term started here in reference to Starcraft 2

#20 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

It's cool, but on the other hand, they're still making Aqua Teen Hunger Force episodes?

#21 Posted by Damodar (1499 posts) -

<>

#22 Posted by chilibean_3 (1694 posts) -

Pretty cool!

#23 Posted by buzz_clik (7026 posts) -

@sethphotopoulos: Wait, that's the clip I meant to post. I obviously had batmanbatmanbatman.com in my head.

#24 Posted by BigJeffrey (5176 posts) -

I've always liked this show.

#25 Posted by ShaggE (6698 posts) -

First Archer, now ATHF, next... ? I'm hoping something weirdly high-profile, like someone singing Cop Knife on American Idol or something.

Better yet, just keep putting GLHB into various shows until conspiracy theorists discover it and tie it to some secret organization.

#26 Edited by SethPhotopoulos (5401 posts) -

@hailinel said:

It's cool, but on the other hand, they're still making Aqua Teen Hunger Force episodes?

It's still pretty good and it's called "Aqua Tv Show Show" now.

#27 Posted by Strife777 (1612 posts) -

It's kind of crazy that this is the reference that seems to keep popping up. I don't remember the guys using the phrase in a while.

Still, pretty cool.

#28 Posted by jkz (4058 posts) -

That's ridiculous and cool and weird all in equal measure

#29 Posted by DougQuaid (1275 posts) -

<>

#30 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (3906 posts) -

Not sure what GLHB stands for. Anyone care to explain it to me?

And what did Archer do?

#31 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

That's really cool, I always liked this show but had no idea it was still on haha.

#32 Posted by buzz_clik (7026 posts) -

#33 Posted by Pop (2651 posts) -

Oh wow! That's so freaking awesome!

#34 Edited by Smallville123 (416 posts) -

<>

#35 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (1066 posts) -

@spaceinsomniac: Good Luck Have Batman. And a fan of the site hid something in the show archer, i want to say it was a picture of Patrick?

#36 Posted by UberExplodey (943 posts) -
#37 Posted by BisonHero (7034 posts) -

@brackynews said:

@xahlt: I have to admire ya for making this your first post after 3 years.

Agreed. What a champ. I salute you, xahlt.

#38 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

@shagge said:

First Archer, now ATHF, next... ? I'm hoping something weirdly high-profile, like someone singing Cop Knife on American Idol or something.

Better yet, just keep putting GLHB into various shows until conspiracy theorists discover it and tie it to some secret organization.

nah, they should just cover Midnight Brown's cover of Kiss One More Time

#39 Posted by BisonHero (7034 posts) -

@strife777 said:

It's kind of crazy that this is the reference that seems to keep popping up. I don't remember the guys using the phrase in a while.

Still, pretty cool.

Oh yeah, the GB guys have barely acknowledged it except maybe during the couple videos of Brad playing Starcraft II from ages ago. But GB memes are obviously a bigger deal to the GB community than the staff, so the inclusion of GLHB is a decent nod in the direction of "Hey, one or more of the animators are big GB fans, and have been for a while".

Or it's just 4 random letters, but the odds are 1 in 456,976. It could happen, but given how much the humour of ATHF fits with the kind of person who might also like GB, it would be a pretty big coincidence. Also I had no idea ATHF was still in production. Jesus.

#40 Posted by Mikeytz (15 posts) -

For the love of lord, someone please save Batmanbatmanbatman.com!

#41 Edited by Rick_Fingers (523 posts) -

That is awesome. Keep putting references to my favourite site into my favourite shows please!

#42 Posted by Luck702 (578 posts) -

Wow, it's weird and completely amazing seeing Archer and ATHF reference GB. GLHB.

#43 Posted by Matoyak (320 posts) -

Unlikely when combined with the <><>. Maybe without that, I'd agree, but even then, it originated from GB, even the SC2 use of it was from GB. So if they're referencing the SC2 stuff, then it's by proxy a GB ref :p

#44 Posted by TehBuLL (613 posts) -

Now we just need a cover of RapMan to seal the deal.

#45 Posted by Davin (244 posts) -
#46 Posted by Nodima (1292 posts) -

Yea, in addition to that Pat the Hot Dog sketch, Archer had the initials of each Bomber on the spine of a set of reference books on a bookcase in one episode.

#47 Posted by Ben_H (3429 posts) -

It is directly related to Starcraft's use of the term "gl hf". Back when there was more people playing SC2 we used to use gl hb at the start of a game in SC2 to show that we were from GB. Some people claim LAGTV (A Starcraft youtube channel) made it but they got it from GB.

@mikeytz said:

For the love of lord, someone please save Batmanbatmanbatman.com!

I already tried. It's paid for until next July according to the Whois so nothing can be done with the domain until then unless someone can get access to it. I was tempted to make batmanbatmanbatman.biz or batmanbatmanbatman.xxx and just copy the original as a tribute though (.xxx domains are mad expensive so that was vetoed quickly) but haven't got around to it.

#48 Posted by tsutohiro (364 posts) -

Best webtube in the interhood.

#49 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1523 posts) -

I've seen some people ask what <> meant in chat during a few of the live streams. It's weird to think that new people are joining the site and will not know most of the dumb things we reference.

#50 Posted by MB (13090 posts) -

Does anyone see any significance in the characters running vertically on the left side of the image? I mean, if GLHB and <> are on the right, there is a pretty decent chance the rest of the frame isn't just random.