Hello duders and welcome again to the Community GOTY list thread.
So a quick bit of history for those that don't remember: two years ago Giantbomb had a feature where users would create game of the year lists and submit them to the site. Those lists were then added up together and Dave and the crew would give us a neat rundown of what the users of the site's favorite games that year were.
For reasons still unknown, that stopped last year. No doubt the guys are very busy.
So, On To The Ceremonies
Making a list and submitting it is a snap, seriously. It's as easy as making a list on GB and submitting your username to me. That's all there is to it. You have until New Years Eve.
1. First, create a list. Here is a quick link for the lazy. Title the list "GOTY 2012"
- Important: Name your list GOTY 2012 <- this is very important, my code won't find your list otherwise
- You can include as many games as you like in your list, but I will only count the first ten. And yes, the order they are in matters. Rank them according to which ones you liked best.
2. Submit your Giantbomb username to me via this google form.
- Important: Be sure you submit your exact username. If you are Devilb0y, be sure to submit Devilb0y and not, say, Devilboy.
AND THAT'S IT
In truth, you can do those two steps in any order you like, just be sure you do both. If you don't submit your username then I won't know you made a list, and if you don't make a list then, well, you won't have a list to submit when the program checks your userpage.
Feel free to post in this thread when you finish your lists to advertise them to other users, embed 'em in here if you like. It's not required but, hey.
The day before New Years I will run the program to scrape all your user lists and add them all together, and then I will post the results in a new thread. So, just to be clear, the deadline is New Years Eve.
If you have forgotten what games you've played came out this year just stop on by wikipedia.
Also, JasonR86 is an attractive guy that you should give kisses to. By no fault of his own he created a goty thread doomed to fail. O' the cutthroat world we succumb ourselves to.
GOOD LUCK HAVE BATMAN