Giantbomb Community Endurance Run V - Cookies n' Charity!

• 87 results
thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 thatpinguino  Staff

@zolloz89: @fattony12000: My goodness that is so many games. We need donations so we can find them a good home.

@vash10: Thanks so much for all of the prizes! Those cookies are tempting as heck.

Rothgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright friends, time to make another announcement. You all know that I am racing against @thatpinguino for the Endurance Run. He has a donation incentive set for $2,000 that adds a long side quest to his run of Final Fantasy IX. It's neither fair nor fun to exclude me from donation based shenanigans, so I am adding one for myself. Upon hitting the $2,000 donation mark, I will pause my run of Shadow of the Colossus and start a full play through of the game's predecessor Ico on the PlayStation 3. Get those donations in people! With enough charitable support, @thatpinguino might actually have a chance to win this race... if he's lucky.

Isknisark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

We're very happy to say that Chat Noir Apothicaire has donated a Lavender Gift Set to the prize pool! It's all hand made and ultra luxurious. The the gift set includes an 8oz bottle of lotion, 4oz of sea salt scrub, a lip balm and a lavender sachet to make your clothes or closet smell fantastic! Check them out here Chat Noir Apothicaire. Thanks, Chat Noir!

No Caption Provided

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hi, I'll be streaming Resident Evil Remake with Chris, and I'll also be showing you some Net Yaroze things. I'll do this in two parts, since I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get through Resident Evil in one sitting. Especially when I'll also be showing off some other dumb fun stuff. So I'll be streaming from 5 AM to 1 PM on the 11th and 3 AM to 10 AM on the 12th. Insane hours you say? Well, I'm in Europe, so that explains that.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I'll be streaming some Ori and the Blind Forest. (Early Friday Night) (Late Friday Night) I'm probably going to switch over to GTA V Online with some friends, with some shenanigans coming, and hopefully a whole heist. The shenanigans though.. My friend has an Insurgeon truck with a minigun, and a Valkyrie helicopter. Shenigans, yo. :) And I'll probably stream some Borderlands 2 with some friends on Sunday.

Oh, and I have a giant bag of Almond Joy, and some gummy bears, ready to take on all that stream. #TeamAlmondJoy :D

blzzzrrttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

I'm doing some things this year and I finally planned out what I'm doing! Let me tell you about it:

On Friday immediately after UPF I will be playing Remember Me to completion, however long that may take! On Saturday at around Noon I'll be playing a bunch of those "rogue-likes" for a couple hours leading up to 2pm where I'll be speedrunning Lisa where I should be joined by the developer Austin Jorgensen/Dingaling for a little interview/co-commentary! After that, at what around like 5-5:30 I'll be play Killer is Dead to completion! And on Sunday, again at Noon there'll be some more rogue-likes for an hour followed by an interview with Dylan Barry/RAILSLAVEGAMES and to finish things off, full runs through Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. I should also mention that GZ will be my first time playing a "stealthy" Metal Gear game, so that might be fun to watch!

meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By meatsofevil

Hey there, my name's Luis and it's nice to meet you! After doing Extra Life for the first time last year, I thought I should jump on the Community Endurance Run train!

Here's my plan:

I will begin my livestream at 8:00pm CST on Saturday April 11th.

A good friend of mine and I will be doing an Endurance Run of Siren for the PS2, and as I understand it Siren is a very long game so we'll be streaming for quite a while!

at around 4:00am CST we will be taking a break from the horror to play some SNES nonsense, which will include some pro 1v1 Tetris Battle: Gaiden play (we got very good at that damned game). I might also force my buddy to play some new game+ in Persona 4, because he HATES that game, and that would be fun to watch his misery.

at 7:00 am CSTmy friend will take off and I will finish off the rest of Siren (however long that takes)

...and yes it went splendidly.
...and yes it went splendidly.
Yes one of those drug bags is full of djungelvrål...
Yes one of those drug bags is full of djungelvrål...

Following suite with my Extra Life stream from last year, there might be another Mystery Snack Bag of Mystery Snacks!

Hope to see y'all drop in to watch and chat with us! Let's raise some money!

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see people saying they want to help, but don't know how. For Beer and a Game, if we do multiplayer games, we will have keys on hand to give away. If we planned it out right, we could get the keys to you. The only problem we have is we've done this is the past and people have ghosted us. So if we did something multiplayer, we would need a pretty firm commitment to be there, and also be able to play the game!

Isknisark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey everyone!

Great news! nom*ables wants to let you all know that 10% of every purchase (before shipping) made on their website during the endurance run will be donated to the GBCER pool! Go HERE to buy tasty things for a good cause!

blzzzrrttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#61  Edited By blzzzrrttt

GBCER5 is this weekend and I've got a few things for you to donate towards, if you're feeling inclined to do so!

There'll be a point during Lisa, about halfway into the game, where I can rename the main character to anything up to a four character maximum. So if you'd like, you can specify during your donation as to what Brad's new name should be and whoever has the highest donation towards it gets to choose the new name. There's also an optional wrestling sidequest that I'll opt-in to doing if we hit $1,500 by Saturday!

Additionally! If we can raise, I dunno, let's say $2,214 by Sunday I'll collect all the XOF patches and complete the Deja-vu and Jamais-vu Side-ops in Ground Zeroes!

Isknisark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My girlfriend made a prize to throw in the pool, sorry for the lousy photo.

No Caption Provided

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#63  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Trying to figure out a way I can donate a couple of games to be given away during @upperdecker's portions of the shenanigans. I'll fill this in with more details when I know what I'll be giving away and how I can do it. Also, I have it on good authority his stream will be pretty kickass.

Update!

I have purchased copies of South Park: Stick of Truth, Shadowgate, and The Blackwell Legacy to be given away during my brother's stream. How this will happen and when is something I'm still working on, but look forward to me getting drunk and probably adding more games to this list as UpperDecker and friends do their thing.

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you @sparky_buzzsaw

I'm going to be playing two nights. Friday night will be Beer and a Game and the theme is "Open World Survival Games." For three hours I will be playing games like Rust, DayZ, 7 days to die, Miscreated, state of decay, stranded deep, the forest, etc etc for half an hour each. If anybody wants to jump on the multiplayer ones and play with me as I progress, please add me to steam ROGamingRyan.

Night two (Saturday) will be Indie Game Night where I play lesser known games to show you all how awesome some of the gems i've found are. I have three developers who are going to be in the chat, and on our TeamSpeak Server to answer any and all questions. I will be playing games like Letter Quest, Dovetail Fishing, Potatoman Seeks the Troof (it's real, and i got keys to give away!), Wazhack, Hektor, and a couple friends are finishing the Beer and a Game weekend with a multiplayer Viscera Cleanup Detail (keep in mind we are going to more than likely be plowed so this should be pretty funny!).

I want to invite everybody to join the stream and also the games as I hope this will be a lot of fun! I also have around 45 keys to games that have been given to me by developers to distribute throughout the weekend. So jump in and say hi and you can win a free game!

Let's drink some beers, play some games, and raise some money!

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isknisark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@upperdecker: Awesome! $5 buy in for that cross stitch. Just put a note on your donation for how many tickets you want. Thanks! :)

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Loading Video...

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

No Caption Provided

My gimmick is pretty much ready.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#69 riostarwind  Moderator

@thatpinguino This is kinda last minute but I'll lend my support to the GBER as well. I'm already on explosive runs from the extra life stream so we don't have to worry about that. My streams will be every day with a full playthrough of Freedom Planet tonight from 9PM EST to 2AM EST. Then on both Saturday and Sunday I'll be streaming Gurumin: A Monsterous Adventure from 11:00AM EST to 4:00PM EST.

zolloz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vash10 That's incredible. I'd consider making a large donation to secure that as mine if it were possible and not take the fun of the raffle away!

The_Boots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited for our run tomorrow morning! Hopefully people show up!

Let's save education, you guys!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#soon #gbcer5
#soon #gbcer5

zolloz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FUUUUUUUUUUUDGE. Well, looks like Comcast decided today would be awesome for maintenance most of the day. Rest assured, I'll attempt streaming later today, but let the Noire-ing commence.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

People any donation over fifty bucks (50$) may get you a package from Korea. You want some weird stuff from Korea just do that and you may be the lucky Giant Bomber that gets crazy gift from Korea. i guarantee its gonna be loco .

Nickieroonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

If you missed it, here's the archived Super Feet Boy run: http://www.hitbox.tv/video/485499/

I made the game audio way too loud, so my microphone is kinda drowned out by the game... sorry about that! I forgot that SMB has terribly loud audio.

Also, if you donated towards toenail paintings, here's that:

Gaze upon my hairy toes and weep
Gaze upon my hairy toes and weep

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

$2,401 raised so far!

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 thatpinguino  Staff

We are only $250 away from hitting our goal people! One last little push is all we need!

Nickieroonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

spud693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*APPLAUSE*

Well done to all involved :)

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was an absolute blast to do. Thank you for everybody who participated and everybody who watched our stream! Hope you all enjoyed it!

paulithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hey guys congrats on everything raised it was amazing to sit and watch the Suikoden 2 endurance run and the Final fantasy IX runs :)

also was first time I have really got more involved in chat etc and was a great laugh even if most of the time I just ranted and praised grandia!

zolloz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So awesome. I love playing games for charity. This time really cemented something for me: LA Noire is only good during the Arson Desk.

amlabella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Thanks to everyone who watched/donated, that was a ton of fun. Continue being awesome GB community!

Isknisark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We have winners for the Giant Bomb Community Endurance Run 5 nom*ables raffle and the other two we were working on!

Combustible Lemon Gift Pack - @nickieroonie

4 Curd Pack (Lemon Lavender, Lemon Ginger, Combustible Lemon, and Blood Orange) - @cadwr

1 dozen Snowballs - @thatpinguino's grandma

1 dozen Chocolate Peppermint Truffles - Kurt Meyers

2 Mounds of Joy - @thatpinguino's grandma

4 pack of Pokenoms - Dara Markovich

4 pack of Pokenoms - Alexander Berg

Gamer's Snack Pack (1 Pokenom, 1 Chocobo Chow, 1 1x1 blocks, 1 lemon ginger Power Pellets) - @nickieroonie

Gotta Catch 'Em All (1 Pokenom and 1 mystery Pokemon necklace from Pixelosis) - Michael Holbrook

Gotta Catch 'Em All - Sagar Keer

Nintendo Cross Stitch - @cadwr

Lavender Gift Set from Chat Noir Apothecaire - @thatpinguino's other grandma

Congratulations to all the winners! Thank you so much for your support! Items will be shipped out as soon as possible.

Nickieroonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The winner of the GB wallet - @cadwr!

No Caption Provided

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I spoke with a moderator about posting this, and they said it was okay. This is a highlight reel from our stream that I did for the charity event. This is some of the fun highlights, and....HELLBOX (he shows up around 6 minutes I think? Seemed to be the highlight of our stream).

Once again, thanks and this was a blast and thank you!

Loading Video...

zolloz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Important!

If anyone on GB made a donation towards an entry for a Steam code HIT ME UP! There is a problem getting info from the Pencils for Promise page and I have no idea who to give them to!