#101 Edited by Putemonsteret (9 posts) -
#102 Edited by Lausebub (190 posts) -

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but could I list a game like Persona 4 Golden, for instance, which came out in 2013 in Europe/Australia, but a year before everywhere else? Or do you just count US-Releases from 2013?

EDIT: Nevermind, just read the FAQ again. Missed the "you played this year" part. Hm, now I need to create a completely different list. Played a lot of older stuff in 2013.

#103 Posted by Jeust (10482 posts) -

My Top Two Games of the Year

1. Last of Us
  2. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

I only played these two games at release.

#104 Posted by mixmixmixmix (12 posts) -
#105 Posted by BeachThunder (11713 posts) -

@jeust said:

My Top Two Games of the Year

1. Last of Us
  2. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

I only played these two games at release.

Now play Ride to Hell, it can be your third favourite game this year :D

#106 Posted by peritus (964 posts) -

Half of my list are re-releases of old games. 2013 was kind of a bummer year for games. Well not just for games. ( but i havent gotten around to the new zelda yet so thats something :) )

#107 Edited by beard_of_zeus (1672 posts) -

I always have fun finishing through my thoughts and reflecting on the year of games. Here's my GOTY 2013 list:

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/beard_of_zeus/lists/goty-2013/87529

If you don't want to click through, here's the abridged version:

1. Bioshock Infinite
  2. The Last of Us
  3. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  4. Papers, Please
  5. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  6. GTA V
  7. Tearaway
  8. Ys: Memories of Celceta
  9. DMC
  10. Guacamelee!

I did write some thoughts about each game in the list proper linked above (and there are even some bonus lists in there!), so maybe click through anyways ;)

I'm pretty happy with it at the moment, although I might be tempted to re-order things. Additionally, I'm still playing through ACIV at the moment, which might make it on the list at the last moment.

#108 Posted by mcmax3000 (268 posts) -

Glad I've got a couple more weeks to try stuff before finalizing my list. I've got a bunch of stuff that I need to play more of.

#109 Posted by Jabbawocky (70 posts) -

I love see how varied everyone's lists are. I look forward to the end results.

BTW, I'm already betting that Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect will top my 2014 list. :D

#110 Edited by MisterFaulkner (44 posts) -
#111 Posted by JellyFish_Gsus (769 posts) -
#112 Posted by benpursley27 (26 posts) -
#113 Edited by kerse (2101 posts) -

I really need to get around to playing The Last of Us, thats the only game that might be on my list that I haven't played. I am having a really hard time getting past the opening parts, hearing the guys talk about how it gets way better after that gives me hope though. But this is my list so far:

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/kerse/lists/favorite-games-of-2013-so-far/84833

If the Last of Us does get on this list, it will probably replace Ni No Kuni, I liked alot about that game, but there's some serious issues that would make it the first to get cut.

#114 Edited by MB (12049 posts) -

I just realized that I can edit any user's list as if it were my own, including adding/removing games or reorganizing the order in which they're listed in.

Hey everyone...Dark Souls is the community game of the year for 2013! Nah, I wouldn't do that. But I may make @chaser324's GOTY Barbie.

#115 Posted by Dethfish (3630 posts) -

@mb: You have too much power!

#116 Posted by shenstra (163 posts) -

Hey everyone, I made two lists. One containing pretty much all the 2013 games I played, one containing the 2013 games I didn't play but probably should have.

I did the thing where I write a bunch of things about things, so feel free to check out my GOTY 2013 list and my 2013 Pile of Shame list.

#117 Posted by Chaser324 (6335 posts) -

@mb: It's a good thing I checked this thread because I didn't get any notification about the mention. Now I'll know to be on the lookout for your shenanigans.

Alright, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to looking for these different colored shoes and putting them on pedestals.

#118 Edited by Carlos1408 (1490 posts) -

Ended up doing a top 5 list, haven't played ten games released this year unfortunately. Got so much catching up to do dag nabbit. Also here's a link to my list below if anyone is interested:

Solaire's Top 5 Games of the Year (2013)

#119 Posted by Cybertification (198 posts) -
#120 Edited by SL33TBL1ND (507 posts) -
#121 Posted by Mezmero (1806 posts) -

I spent a decent chunk of my free time last week finalizing and editing my list and write-ups. I'm still not completely satisfied with it but I'm finished with touching up my list.

#122 Edited by BlastProcessing (912 posts) -
#123 Edited by aggienader (10 posts) -

Hi all! First post here at Giantbomb! I'm currently trying to start my first GotY list and every time I hit the "save list" button it tells me there is an error, or "A problem occurred". Is there something I'm doing wrong?

#124 Posted by MB (12049 posts) -

Hi all! First post here at Giantbomb! I'm currently trying to start my first GotY list and every time I hit the "save list" button it tells me there is an error. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Can you walk us through the steps you took up until that point? I'm sure someone can help you.

#125 Edited by MB (12049 posts) -

Here's mine!

It's totally within the rules to put older games on there, so screw you 2013 only people! I'm about to put Elite Beat Agents for the DS on there, too.

#126 Posted by aggienader (10 posts) -

@mb:

I click on my "Lists" tab and "Create New List"

I start list with title and add my games by using the search. When I click "Save and Finsih" a red bar on top says "Problem occurred while processing submission." and it doesn't save my list. If I go to another page and come back the list is not there. I've attempted several times.

#127 Posted by aggienader (10 posts) -

It wouldn't have anything to do with me using internet explorer would it?

#128 Posted by MB (12049 posts) -

@aggienader: I'm not sure what to tell you, then. Maybe try using a different browser, if that fails, try starting a topic over in Bug Reporting. Sorry dude.

#129 Edited by aggienader (10 posts) -

@mb:

Thanks for the help mb! I started over using firefox and it's working. Guess this site isn't internet exploder friendly. No biggie.

#130 Posted by shenstra (163 posts) -

@mb said:

Here's mine!

It's totally within the rules to put older games on there, so screw you 2013 only people! I'm about to put Elite Beat Agents for the DS on there, too.

Good man! EBA deserves to be on all the lists all the time, always.

E B A !

E B A !

E B A !

#131 Posted by Winsord (1169 posts) -
#132 Posted by Hardtarget (238 posts) -

Boom submitted http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/hardtarget/lists/best-of-2013/87892

Nice work everyone :)

#133 Edited by Fistfulofmetal (678 posts) -

Added mine! I thought long and hard about my order and ultimately came up with:

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/fistfulofmetal/lists/goty-2013/87862

• 1. The Swapper

• 2. The Last of Us

• 3. Gone Home

• 4. Saints Row IV

• 5. BioShock Infinite

• 6. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

• 7. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

• 8. Rayman Legends

• 9. Antichamber

• 10. SteamWorld Dig

I may do a write up on each game in the future but there it is.

I'LL BE REPPING THE SWAPPER HARDCORE UNTIL I DIE. @patrickklepek knows what I'm talking about.

#134 Posted by amlabella (323 posts) -

My full list includes my thoughts on each game, but here's a rundown of my top 10:

1. The Last of Us
  2. BioShock Infinite
  3. Rogue Legacy
  4. Volgarr the Viking
  5. Tomb Raider
  6. The Swapper
  7. The Stanley Parable
  8. Guacamelee!
  9. Tearaway
  10. Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien

Didn't have too much trouble with the top two, but coming up with the rest of the list was a difficult task. I'm pretty happy with it though, and I just noticed there are quite few independent downloadable games on there. Always great to see those games among the year's best.

#135 Edited by MetalBaofu (1353 posts) -

Here's mine: http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/metalbaofu/lists/2013-games-of-the-year/87905

I think I'm satisfied with the order. I could end up rearranging it a bit, but I don't think I will. Unless Tearaway finally shows up from Gamefly in time for me to play it.

Edit: Got Tearaway today. From what I've played so far, I believe I may have to adjust my list a bit once I finish it.

Another Edit: Just finished Tearaway and it has been added to my list. I'm glad I was able to get it and play it in time. Everyone with a Vita should definitely check it out. It's great.

#136 Posted by TheMasterDS (2017 posts) -

In addition to my regular Best of 2013 list I now have a second list of awards for my own GOTY Categories with 10 categories ranging from "Most Misogynist and Worst Attitude Generally Speaking" to "The Baker Award For Best Performance By Troy Baker" to "The It Belongs In A Museum Award." I would like it if someone looked at it maybe.

#137 Posted by Blackout62 (1329 posts) -
#138 Edited by Flappy (2140 posts) -

Since all the cool people are doing it, here's my list for this year.

Spoilers: The Top 3 spots are: NBA 2k14, Pokemon Y, and Fire Emblem: Awakening.

#139 Posted by DarthOrange (3851 posts) -
#141 Edited by benspyda (2030 posts) -
#142 Edited by 400lb_Gorilla (20 posts) -
#143 Edited by Deathpooky (1380 posts) -

Still finishing some games and finalizing my list, but this is going to be a weird year. Nothing jumps out as me as a consensus top game, but lots of good stuff little and big. Very interested to see how our lists and the Giant Bomb site lists shake out.

#144 Edited by Mousse_gallon (173 posts) -
#145 Edited by Baal_Sagoth (1237 posts) -

Thank you so much for doing this again! I always enjoy these. Very keen to see the results at the end of the year.

So here's my list so far. Gonna think really hard about the order until the deadline but it's already close. The missing explanations for some of the choices will of course be added later.

#146 Posted by isomeri (1225 posts) -

I finally got my list in a presentable order. The only truly great game this year was The Last of Us.

#147 Posted by Humanity (8846 posts) -

I hope I did it right because now I'm full of doubt!

#148 Edited by jiggajoe14 (656 posts) -

Submitted mine. Here it is for your viewing pleasure. Also, I'll type it out here:

1. The Swapper
  2. Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
  3. Super Mario 3D World
  4. Bioshock Infinite
  5. Saints Row IV
  6. The Last Of Us
  7. Outlast
  8. Gone Home
  9. Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons
  10. Grand Theft Auto V

@fistfulofmetal *bro fist*

#149 Edited by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -

@humanity said:

I hope I did it right because now I'm full of doubt!

You did.

#150 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

just so y'allz know, when i submit, it'll only be in order in regards to my voting.

for example, i want depression quest and super house of dead ninjas to rank higher than they probably will, so i'm putting them extra high on my list.