#1 Edited by alkufai (23 posts) -

Was checking what games are coming out on Steam the coming weeks and checked out BgII. Checking the first screenshot caught my attention, in the log box it said: Snider: Yes?!.

Looking through the other screenshots you can see the GiantBomb crew names represented.

Link to the store

#2 Posted by probablytuna (3533 posts) -

Haha that's pretty cool. At first I thought they named them because of Pathfinder, but then I saw Ryan's name...

#3 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1540 posts) -

lol ... wtf? o_O

#4 Posted by MachoFantastico (4485 posts) -

That's awesome.

#5 Posted by LaserGreen (51 posts) -

Two of my favourite things, Giantbomb and BG2!

#6 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

Nice!

#7 Edited by CoinMatze (469 posts) -
#8 Posted by ThunderSlash (1547 posts) -

Wow, nice find.

#9 Posted by StarvingGamer (7991 posts) -

Snider, Gerstmann, Caravella, Shoemaker, Davis, and Edwin?

#10 Posted by Scampbell (490 posts) -

Edwin is Drew's middle name.

#11 Posted by AMyggen (2533 posts) -

That's pretty awesome.

#12 Posted by Humanity (8804 posts) -

That is great. The Bomb Crew are the only video game "journalists" out there that I see people really relate to. You never see people naming their characters after Arthur Gies or something.

#13 Edited by tourgen (4427 posts) -

wow, that's great. I can't wait to check out the enhanced edition. I've been waiting to replay BGII until it came out.

#14 Edited by AndrewB (7489 posts) -

I can't wait to hear Sarevok's comments on the Bombcast mid-November.

#15 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4578 posts) -

So is this like XCOM where you name your party after people and then they all get horribly murdered

#16 Posted by AndrewB (7489 posts) -

So is this like XCOM where you name your party after people and then they all get horribly murdered

Well, you might name your main character and get horribly murdered.... though I do still wish Aerie would join the Bombcast.

#17 Edited by iragequit (334 posts) -

Caravella: On my honor.

I like this.

Drew will slap the llamas into proper order.

#18 Posted by McLargepants (360 posts) -

That's pretty cool, I'm pretty excited to play that eventually.. I probably will have to name my characters after the bombers just because I can.

#19 Posted by StarvingGamer (7991 posts) -

@starvinggamer said:

Edwin is Drew's middle name.

Oh snap. Knowledged.

#20 Posted by Snail (8578 posts) -

I love these references.

#21 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3740 posts) -

@humanity said:

That is great. The Bomb Crew are the only video game "journalists" out there that I see people really relate to. You never see people naming their characters after Arthur Gies or something.

I'm going to name my "thinks everyone is racist and misogynist" Paladin "Gies".

#22 Edited by Brodehouse (9581 posts) -

@artisanbreads said:

@humanity said:

Subclass into Social Justice Fighter.

On-topic, this is pretty awesome.

#23 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11471 posts) -

This is really cool. Still not enough for me to ever purchase BG II EE, but kudos to those guys.

Also, I'd play "Game Journalism: The RPG". Set in the ravages of a post-apocalyptic bay area, assemble your team of crack journalists as they not only get the reviews out on time but also have to deal with radioactive scorpions and the remnants of BIG PUBLISHER.

#24 Posted by Humanity (8804 posts) -

@artisanbreads said:

@humanity said:

Subclass into Social Justice Fighter.

On-topic, this is pretty awesome.

+1 against everything

-10 from everything

#25 Posted by chrissedoff (2075 posts) -

How crazy is it that I didn't even know this was in the works, let alone releasing in a few days?

#26 Edited by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

This is really cool. Still not enough for me to ever purchase BG II EE, but kudos to those guys.

Also, I'd play "Game Journalism: The RPG". Set in the ravages of a post-apocalyptic bay area, assemble your team of crack journalists as they not only get the reviews out on time but also have to deal with radioactive scorpions and the remnants of BIG PUBLISHER.

However, when they bring down BIG PUBLISHER, they find out that it was all a guise for RIVAL VIDEO GAME WEBSITE!

#27 Edited by Bam_Boozilled (150 posts) -

Well now I have another reason to pick this up. That is great.