GiantBomb Extralife Team (Play games / raise money for local kids)

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By mrcraggle

We actually have a couple of people who aren't in the GB group but have posted here and have received donations so we'll def get to that $1000 once they've been added through Extra Life.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#102  Edited By sparklykiss

@Matt said:

@PsEG: I still think more people would donate if we promised people your glorious death but oh well...

Or just eat his words and a boat load of Pieces of Egg™.

But, yeah, killing him off still sounds pretty promising. (Oh, and I'll be giving away a digital copy of Halo Reach to anyone who is viewing the stream and gives a donation. ...I'll have a ruleset the day of, me thinks.)

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103  Edited By matt

Good work team we hit our goal of $1000 before the actual event! Still there's no reason to stop now, we must keep going for the kids!

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By mrcraggle

I just checked our page and we lost someone? Also got an e-mail saying that 65% of all participents have yet to raise any money. Come on people, give give give!

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#105  Edited By CastroCasper

@mrcraggle said:

I just checked our page and we lost someone? Also got an e-mail saying that 65% of all participents have yet to raise any money. Come on people, give give give!

I know I got the same e-mail. That is crazy. I am sending out another round of e-mails tonight and tomorrow in hope of hitting my goal.

Seeing as this is coming up real soon. Anyone have any special games in mind they were going to play on the 15th? I plan on starting Red Dead (finally) and Dead Island. Plus I hope to beat Mom in The Binding of Issac at least once.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By mrcraggle

@Kurtdyoung: I thought that was pretty crazy too. I was planning to play every GTA game but none of them work with Livestream Procaster so now I have lost 6 hours on planned content :(

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By matt

@mrcraggle said:

@Kurtdyoung: I thought that was pretty crazy too. I was planning to play every GTA game but none of them work with Livestream Procaster so now I have lost 6 hours on planned content :(

I'm having a similar issue. I needs games that support windowed mode as full screened games won't work in the livestream.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By mrcraggle

@Matt: Only GTA game I got to work was San Andreas and I had to downgrade to v1.00 to get controls to work on an Xbox 360 version which doesn't support 1080p only v1.01 does :(

For the most part I'm ready. I have 18 games ready at the mo so now I just need to test 6 more and I'm ready for my very own BLLSL minus the awesome of WM staff.

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#109  Edited By CastroCasper

@mrcraggle: @Matt:

While the quaility wouldn't be there, what if you just pointed a camera at your computer screen, and streamed the camera? I was thinking of doing a live stream for a while, but since a lot of others are as well, i decided against it. However, I was just going to do a simple camera set up, seeing as I do not own any nice capture gear or software.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By mrcraggle

@Kurtdyoung: To be honest, losing GTA isn't so bad. Getting these games working with an Xbox 360 controller is pretty horrible and I don't really want to start streaming from my crappy webcam. I have some really nice quality streams up on my page already and I don't want to start just putting rubbish up especially when I'll have 18 hours of good stuff.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By matt

@mrcraggle: @Kurtdyoung: Yeah same here. While some games may not work I have more than enough games to make a quality stream with my current setup.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By mrcraggle

@Matt: I found that alt+tabbing out of a game then opening Procaster seems to work better in some cases if you're having problems with it hooking.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By matt

@mrcraggle: I'm not using the bit of the procaster that hooks onto games. I'm just streaming my desktop. That's why I need games that support windowed mode.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By mrcraggle

@Matt said:

@mrcraggle: I'm not using the bit of the procaster that hooks onto games. I'm just streaming my desktop. That's why I need games that support windowed mode.

You must have some beefy machine. Desktop mode brings my comp to a crawl. What's your plan for tomorrow then?

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By matt

@mrcraggle: I have a list of games that I think would be entertaining to stream but no idea in what order to play them.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By mrcraggle

@Matt: Ragnarok512 did his last Saturday and he said it was good to have a mix up of highs and lows. While a bulk of my games are single player I'm gonna put some multiplayer games in there too every few hours and I'm just sorting out my list now and i'll post it shortly so if anyone wants to join in multiplayer, they can see what time and then play.

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#117  Edited By NinjaHunter

@Matt: This is probably a little late to give this information but I'll be streaming my marathon.

http://www.twitch.tv/ninjahunter

I don't have any capture equipment so it'll just be a camera pointed at a screen but it feels weird to me to do a marathon and not have people be able to check up on you.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By mrcraggle

Got my list finalised (yay). Times are EST 24 hours

08:00 - Trackmania

09:00 - Test Drive Unlimited 2

10:00 - Crysis

11:00 - Crysis 2

12:00 - Alpha Protocol

13:00 - BREAK

14:00 - Just Cause 2

15:00 - Battlefield: Bad Company 2

16:00 - Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam

17:00 - On The Rain-Slick: Precipice of Darkness Episode 1

18:00 - The Secret of Monkey Island

19:00 - Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

20:00 - Psychonauts

21:00 - Left 4 Dead 2

22:00 - Audiosurf

23:00 - Civilization V

00:00 - Mafia II

01:00 - Bully

02:00 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

03:00 - BREAK

04:00 - Torchlight

05:00 - Fable 3

06:00 - Darksiders

07:00 - Dragon Age: Origins

08:00 - The Witcher 2

09:00 - Team Fortress 2

Watch live at http://www.livestream.com/mrcraggle and donate at http://www.extra-life.org/participant/mrcraggle

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By mrcraggle

Ok this is a bit of a bump I know but I thought I'd let people know that they can still donate up until the 15th of this month and I'd like to thank everyone that has already donated.

deliciousbees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15