GiantBomb feels like my home.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

This is the only website that doesn't piss me off and I know not everyone is going to get on but we all have different opinions. GiantBomb however is the only site where people don't seem to have stupid opinions and the Staff seem to play games because they're fun. I also love the rating system where it isn't that 7-10 scale that ruins everyother site.

Gametrailers - The worst community forum I've ever come across (along with EVE Online and SWG's back in the day) I mean this is what happens when you let Sony fanbois go crazy . Not only this but the Staff make so many stupid comments of their features and it is a shame because their Retrospectives are amazing and Jeff is God but it is let down by their Reviews and Invisible walls. On their reviews they give scores that make no sense, I mean what is the point of all the 0.3 stuff and giving 3 grades to something that the final score has nothing to do with. Is it fun or not? Thats all that should matter. Invsible walls is something I hate because the guys on there just have no club and often say stupid shit.

Gamespot - Theres nothing relaly wrong with the site but it's just their fake Corp like image that pisses me off. The site has no soul and it is one I'd go to for Live E3 shows but nothing else. I find all their reviews to be very off and since Rich left I found their whole manor trying to copy his style of humour and not pulling it off and coming off cheesy.

1up - I've never known such and arty farty poof site of people who all act above everyone else. This is the sort of site that says Shadow of the colossus is the best game ever because of the art style. Sure the game was alright but it was nothing amaizng...... just average gameplay with a nice image. It's like Beyond and Evil, people just lvoe it so much because it didn't sell well.

I dunno I just find GiantBomb is a place where everyone keeps it real and the Staff are down to earth and just care about fin factor. They don't go on about Art and they don't act all corp like.......... just down to earth people like when you're chatting to your friends. Sure you may like different games but there is sense about it, because you all had fun with different games and didn't try to find some weird deeper meaning or run your mouth off.

I thank GiantBomb for coming along and Brad man let your hair down and eat or drink everything they give you on the Bombcast!

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By EpicSteve

That's cute. Most internet communities suck, welcome to the world wide web. Trust me, Giantbomb has its fair share of dicks. However, it's easier to find decent people. I do agree with you bout 1up, but we need a place to have a serious conversation once in awhile.

rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By rinkalicous

I've actually never met a single jerk since i've been on Giant Bomb. On top of that, I've had two out-of-the-blue PM compliments, one saying he liked my comments, and another saying he loved my avatar. The fact that two people i'd never even met would take the time out of thier day to compliment me really shows how nice a community there is here, and maybe there are jerks, but the fact i've yet to meet one should say yet more about the levels of awesome.

CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CactusWolf
Rinkalicous said:
"I've actually never met a single jerk since i've been on Giant Bomb."
Then you're not looking hard enough.

But in all seriousness, yeah, GiantBomb's community is generally a lot better than most other places.
Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Verdugo

Giant Bomb: Where you actually have to search for douchebags.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By natetodamax

Every website has it's share of morons and total dickwads. Giant Bomb just seems to have less.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Giant bomb is a little..too nice...There's always those negative people in every community who express opinions about things and actually make sense, but here it seems everyone agrees or at least disagrees in a polite manner.
Gamespot's forums on the other hand are just lulz worthy, those forums crack me up! But we don't talk 'bout gamespot round here...

rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rinkalicous
TheMustacheHero said:
"Giant bomb is a little..too nice...There's always those negative people in every community who express opinions about things and actually make sense, but here it seems everyone agrees or at least disagrees in a polite manner.Gamespot's forums on the other hand are just lulz worthy, those forums crack me up! But we don't talk 'bout gamespot round here..."
Use the Gfaqs entrance; it's the same forum, but you get to avoid gamespot altogether. But yeah, Gfaqs is pretty damn hilarious.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the record, I don't like Beyond Good and Evil because of how it sold. I'm not sure if anyone does. If that were the case, why wouldn't we all be ejaculating over the shovelware on the Wii?

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Oni

You had me until you said Shadow of the Colossus is nothing special. See with your eyes.

Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Canberra

There are morons for sure, but they aren’t thrust upon you like in other places. lets keep it that way.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By TheJollyRajah

GiantBomb is the best. Even the trolls around here aren't "real" trolls. There are so many places on the internet where it's some kind of "witty post contest"... I'm glad GiantBomb didn't turn into that.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By RHCPfan24

I was agreeing with you until I saw your Shadow of the Colussus tidbit. Come on, dude, I was going to +1 ya!

Nonetheless, Giant Bomb is my favorite site and the majority of its userbase is friendly, adept, and not a complete douchebag. The trolls like SmugDarkLoser are even entertaining, and they don't do much harm. And, yeah, the staff is awesome.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Yep, Giant Bomb Kicks Ass.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pause422

There are of course the few assholes here, just like there are everywhere on the internet no matter what site you're at...but it seems there are far far less here than anywhere else. Most of the community here that posts a lot have been here since last june/july also and are familiar with each other and friendly. I'm glad GB for the most part has such a good community, and I always try to be welcoming to newcomers here by making it seem that way, and not like we're a pack of assholes. Also, since a few of the main fanboys and trolls are no longer here that were the height of the problem on the forums, you mostly get what you see: an overal welcoming friendly community :)

Also a lot of people complain a bit though saying its too small, I generally like that the community isn't quite as big as something like GT, because when you get it overrun with people, that's when you get the mass amount of morons coming in and trying to ruin the community.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Death_Burnout

Err...it's weird, i'm with you on most things...i'll say there are just a couple of assholes on these forums that get on my nerves.

I find Gamespot an odd place to be now, but i will say Homer and Ryan MacDonald still make me laugh...i'm sad to see Shanker and Aaron Thomas go though, damn that economic down turn. But they live on in what i like to call, the "Arrow Pointing Down sequel"

But yeah Giantbomb is my home i guess...it certainly is my homepage! But something is different about Jeff these days, he seems way more cynical than ever!

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ben_H

This is my second favourite internet community.  My favourite is even smaller.  Size definitely matters when it comes to online communities.  The less mainstream and populated a site is, the lower the chance of having rude 12 year olds who destroy the site and obnoxious jerks who try to act tough just because they can use anonimity to get away with it and not have to worry about consequences.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Absurd
PapaLazarou said:
"

. This is the sort of site that says Shadow of the colossus is the best game ever because of the art style. Sure the game was alright but it was nothing amaizng...... just average gameplay with a nice image. It's like Beyond and Evil, people just lvoe it so much because it didn't sell well."

err...
Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By Verdugo
Absurd said:
"PapaLazarou said:
"

. This is the sort of site that says Shadow of the colossus is the best game ever because of the art style. Sure the game was alright but it was nothing amaizng...... just average gameplay with a nice image. It's like Beyond and Evil, people just lvoe it so much because it didn't sell well."

err..."

Shadow of The Colossus is amazing.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jayge_

If GiantBomb was like my house, this would be a mental institution.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

I mean they're good games but they arn't AAA like everyone on the forums says as I and all my real life mates who have played these games play for 30 mins and then say "I've had enough"......

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By crunchUK

Hm.........

i think i'll stick with the over-competitive, uptight sort of people that are crazy fun to annoy to no end on xbox live

MayorMcCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MayorMcCheese

Group Hug!!!

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Diamond

Giant Bomb's community is pretty great.  I've spent time on so many too.

IGN - Community was too hung up on celebrating a few 'popular' posters.  Everyone sucked up to a few, and people who actually made good points were ignored.  Really bad.
Game trailers - absolutely dismal community.  no redeeming qualities.  I like the site for trailers though.
Gamespot - Everyone has their own fanboy areas, so fanboyism is greatly exaggerated.  No good discussion ever happens.  Cross-forum flames are common.  Users are also really ignorant about games and tech in general.
NeoGAF - you have half a community that's afraid to stand up for their opinion because of the moderation, and another portion of annoying trolls who get away with everything.  Discussions are ALWAYS dragged down by these two sides.  It's always either a circle jerk or troll fest.

The few intentional trolls here are pretty open about it.  People can usually disagree here without blowing up on each other.  A really pretty knowledgable user base here as well.

prinny_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By prinny_god

welcome home

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By jakob187

I hang out here because the forums are black...and that's cool...

...so the media tells me.

Glad you like it here.  Now, cut the sappy shit.  = D