• 54 results
MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By MrPerfect

i like the background they used for E3 and I like how they layout is at the moment.

MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By MrPerfect

i like the background they used for E3 and I like how they layout is at the moment.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Jimbo

I tend to ignore the scroll and I ignored the E3 boxes, but that's because I'm gonna check out all of the content anyway, so I can see their purpose for the casual viewer.  I go straight to the tabs (under the scroll), which could be utilised better imo and some articles seem almost randomly placed at times; this is how I'd do it:

Featured / ALLUNITS: The last ten things that got added to the site.  This should be the only tab with duplicates of the other tabs' contents.
Videos:  Get rid of this, anything under here should fit under one of the other headings )and there's always the 'Videos' on the toolbar for those with ADD).
Reviews: Exactly as it is, except anything that also has a video review would have a video icon on the entry.
Interview: All interviews, text or video - again, denote video with icon if necessary.
Impressions / Quick Looks:  "I have played the final version but not enough to merit a full review / I'm not gonna do a full review - here's what I think so far."
Previews:  "This is not the final version and I may or may not have actually played it, so here's what I think / have been shown, with a ton of positive skew."
Commentary / News: As it is, general developments in the wacky world of gaming, announcements etc. - anything not related to how a specific game plays.
Feature: General craziness that doesn't really fit anywhere else ("NEVER", "BAM!", "Endurance Run", site related business - maybe even list the bombcasts; the microcasts in particular can be easy to miss atm.)

Tabs not necessarily in that order.  All tabs to show last ten items (as they do now), but they should also have < > arrows at the bottom to display the ten before that and the next ten etc.  Basically I wanna be able to go to the ALL tab and see everything since my last visit just by using the arrows.

Back to the Scroll; whilst I don't personally use it, it is necessary - I think it either needs spacing out (preferable) or reverse the whole thing (ie. so the right hand box is in front- I know this is counter-intuitive, but it means the end of the previous title gets cut off rather than the start of the next title.

Please don't take this as anything other than constructive criticism :)

(Edit:  Edited a few things to make it clearer.)

dvorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By dvorak

I enjoyed the e3 style, but maybe it could have 6 blocks. There's usually at least 6 interesting articles or videos a day.