Giantbomb Live Show?

Lost_In_Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Lost_In_Gaming

After watching some gaming shows on the internet and whatever G4 has to offer nowadays, I thought how great it would be if Giantbomb hosted their own live show.  Weekly or daily.  Have some guests on the show, talk about new releases, show game demos, etc.  

Think about it.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By iamjohn

In other words, be a live version of the Bombcast.

Nah, I think the Bombcast is enough.  Plus it's not like these guys have a ton of free time.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3  Edited By natetodamax

Between their daily/personal lives, running the office, editing the website, writing reviews, articles, other news stories, and recording video reviews, they don't have a whole lot of time. Would be cool though.

Lost_In_Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lost_In_Gaming

I see your arguements.  Don't get me wrong.  I love the Bombcast.  But watching a show live brings more personality and character to it.  Though, on the surface it's a tech/video game talk show, it shows potential for some great moments that we will all remember and cherish the laughs it will bring.  

To clear some possible confusion, the show would be a video show, not just audio (i.e. the Bombcast).
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By iamjohn

Again, it just seems like Bombcast in Video Form.  I think it's a cool idea if there wasn't already the Bombcast, but that's the thing: there's already the Bombcast, which feels a lot like what you're talking about because it, too, is incredibly off-the-cuff and loosely edited so it's filled with insanely hilarious tangents; and better yet, I can be anywhere I want and listen to it, so long as I have my phone and some headphones.  You can only realistically do one.

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

It's not going to happen for now. This is something Jeff said in response to someone who wanted a weekly show.

Jeff said:

"2. Considering the entire site is essentially devoted to us talking about what we think about games and having a good time while we do so, we don't really see a need to repackage that stuff into yet another format. If you absolutely only want to watch video once a week, then maybe only look at our video page on Thursdays? The TRT of all the video we're pumping out over the course of a week is way longer than what we'd do if we started presenting a weekly show."

KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KnifeySpoony

Sounds like you want On The Spot to happen here. Personally I'm fine with the bombcast and then all the random quick-looks and endurance run videos during the week. There is a lot more variety and entertainment that way.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By KaosAngel

Man, a Giant Bomb version of On The Spot with Rich Gallap would be my fantasy.  Even a Bombcast with him would make me soooo happy.

Lost_In_Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lost_In_Gaming
KaosAngel said:
"Man, a Giant Bomb version of On The Spot with Rich Gallap would be my fantasy.  Even a Bombcast with him would make me soooo happy."
Rich, where you at?
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I think it would be cool, just like the idea of webcams set up around the t.v's and monitors to see what there playing.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iamjohn

The red light just means it's charging, baby.