Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#51  Edited By AgentJ
Snail said:
"iAmJohn said:
"Snail said:
"and who the fuck are you stranger?"
I am John, didn't you notice?  Who the fuck are you?
"
I am Snail didn't you notice?Who the fuck do you think you are?"
THIS IS A DRILL THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS! anyway...
TheGreatGuero said:
"Good Wii games? Ha, isn't that like an oxymoron?I kid! I kid!I actually finally started playing my Wii again. Still I'm not happy with it, but I'm about to start de Blob today. I'm looking forward to that one. Oh, and to get back on topic, I'm sure Giantbomb will review Madworld."
Good man, I've heard good things about De Blob, and make sure you go pick up Madworld asap. Its not No More Heroes, but its damn close.
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By mracoon
Brad said:
"As mentioned ad nauseam, a MadWorld review is on the way, and we have a Quick Look for a mystery Wii game going up tomorrow."
Mystery Wii game eh? Now you've got me intrigued.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By Snail
AgentJ said:
"Snail said:
"I am Snail didn't you notice?Who the fuck do you think you are?"
THIS IS A DRILL THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS! anyway...
"
And who the fuck is this guy?
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By iamjohn
Snail said:
I am Snail didn't you notice?Who the fuck do you think you are?"
I think I'm John.  Actually, I'm pretty positive I'm John; like, 100% sure of it.  Is this the answer you were looking for?

I'm not sure I understand your line of questioning.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#55  Edited By LordAndrew
Babble said:
"Indeed. The ratio thing mentioned above won't pan out because in the end the Wii doesn't have as many games coming out that even deserve to be reviewed. I really don't think Jeff reviewing Totally Spies: Totally Party is going to appease the Wii crowd. "
Reviewing Princess Debut would have appeased us, but alas, it is not to be.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By iamjohn

I'd like to play a bullet hell dating game.  Just saying.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By AgentJ
AgentJ said:
"Babble said:
"iAmJohn said:
"Snail said:
Anyway, who cares? You're just some sort of semi-fanboy trying to get  attention to your dead console."
Irony.
"
Indeed. The ratio thing mentioned above won't pan out because in the end the Wii doesn't have as many games coming out that even deserve to be reviewed. I really don't think Jeff reviewing Totally Spies: Totally Party is going to appease the Wii crowd. "
True enough, but i definately think that when a game like Madworld comes out, it should have priority over something like 50 cent Blood in the Sand. And there most certainly should be more portable reviews. 3 for the DS and 1 for the PSP would be unacceptable to me if i didn't realize that i don't control this site.
"
LordAndrew said:
"Babble said:
"Indeed. The ratio thing mentioned above won't pan out because in the end the Wii doesn't have as many games coming out that even deserve to be reviewed. I really don't think Jeff reviewing Totally Spies: Totally Party is going to appease the Wii crowd. "
Reviewing Princess Debut would have appeased us, but alas, it is not to be."
Like I said, I don't want to force anyone to review crap.
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By Endogene
AgentJ said:
"Babble said:
"
Are you dissin' Sabrina there?
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By LordAndrew

Whoa there. Are you suggesting Princess Debut is crap? Because I would disagree with you on that.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By Jayge_
Endogene said:
"AgentJ said:
"Babble said:
"
Are you dissin' Sabrina there? "
You'll have to forgive him, he's new.
LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

i don't have a Wii

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SpecTackle
Spectreman said:
"* I like giantbomb and I know that your focus in on hardcore games. But you can´t review games like Hawxxx and don´t review Wii hardcore games far more interesting like Madworld and House of the Dead Overkill. Maybe even GTA Chinatown Wars don´t will get much atention."
I haz a grammar, like you also
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By pause422

They made it clear from the start of the creation of this website, that they were going to review games that they wanted to and nothing more. Hence why they don't really review JRPGs, or generally sports games. Its how it is...deal with it, or look elsewhere or make your own reviews.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By AgentJ
pause422 said:
"They made it clear from the start of the creation of this website, that they were going to review games that they wanted to and nothing more. Hence why they don't really review JRPGs, or generally sports games. Its how it is...deal with it, or look elsewhere or make your own reviews."
Well then maybe they should pull in someone they respect that would do JRPGs. Its a pretty big part of the core gaming industry. They could bring in an idiot to do the sports games(if at all) because the games barely change from year to year.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By LordAndrew
Endogene said:
"Are you dissin' Sabrina there? "
Even though you were probably already reading the thread, I like to think that you could sense that Princess Debut's reputation was in danger and came into the thread solely to set the record straight. :D
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Jayge_

There's no point in doing that though.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By weltal
pause422 said:
"They made it clear from the start of the creation of this website, that they were going to review games that they wanted to and nothing more. Hence why they don't really review JRPGs, or generally sports games. Its how it is...deal with it, or look elsewhere or make your own reviews."
No, no, no, clearly what they should do is keep bitching about it some more. Force those lazy reviewers to play some games they have no interest in playing so that people can come to the forums and bitch some more when they give the game a low score.
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Endogene
LordAndrew said:
"Endogene said:
"Are you dissin' Sabrina there? "
Even though you were probably already reading the thread, I like to think that you could sense that Princess Debut's reputation was in danger and came into the thread solely to set the record straight. :D"
My waltz toe was tingling so i knew something was going on.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#69  Edited By BiggerBomb
AgentJ said:
"pause422 said:
They could bring in an idiot to do the sports games(if at all) because the games barely change from year to year.
"

Because JRPGs change a lot, each year!?!?!
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Endogene
BiggerBomb said:
"AgentJ said:
"pause422 said:
They could bring in an idiot to do the sports games(if at all) because the games barely change from year to year.
"
Because JRPGs change a lot, each year!?!?!"
Story and setting.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By LordAndrew

You probably didn't notice because you don't play RPGs every year, but Persona 4 has updated rosters and features the innovative new skill stick.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By BiggerBomb
LordAndrew said:
"You probably didn't notice because you don't play RPGs every year, but Persona 4 has updated rosters and features the innovative new skill stick."

Now I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or not.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By AgentJ
BiggerBomb said:
"AgentJ said:
"pause422 said:
"
I'll try to make this as clear as possible from the outset. Nowndays the baseball and football games, the most popular sports games on the market, are monopolized(other than the show on PS3) by one company, so it really is the same game year to year with some minor improvements, and there is only one company for each sport so there is no innovation, and no different-ness. On the other hand, JRPGS are made by a number of different companies, not just Square Enix, and even then one company is able to make a number of different JRPGS that are vastly different in every way. Compare TWEWY to any Final Fantasy, or Chrono Trigger to Pokemon or Dragon Quest to Baten Kaitos or Blue Dragon to Tales of Symphonia or Riviera to Yggdra Union. In other words, there is a ton of variety in the JRPG genre, unlike Sports.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By BiggerBomb
AgentJ said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"AgentJ said:
"pause422 said:
"
I'll try to make this as clear as possible from the outset. Nowndays the baseball and football games, the most popular sports games on the market, are monopolized(other than the show on PS3) by one company, so it really is the same game year to year with some minor improvements, and there is only one company for each sport so there is no innovation, and no different-ness. On the other hand, JRPGS are made by a number of different companies, not just Square Enix, and even then one company is able to make a number of different JRPGS that are vastly different in every way. Compare TWEWY to any Final Fantasy, or Chrono Trigger to Pokemon or Dragon Quest to Baten Kaitos or Blue Dragon to Tales of Symphonia or Riviera to Yggdra Union. In other words, there is a ton of variety in the JRPG genre, unlike Sports.
"

If you're talking about the variety between each franchise, then yes, you are correct. But within each franchise, the games have not changed at all, or very little, since their outset. You can also apply this to sports. Baseball games and basketball games are two different formats, because they are two different sports. By your logic, shouldn't that mean there is variety in the genre?
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By LordAndrew

There are differences, but unless you pay attention to each year's iterations you probably wouldn't notice or care. The Giant Bomb staff don't, and by their own admission they would not be able to review a sports game properly. All you'd be able to get out a review from them is "yeah, it's pretty good I guess". They're not the target audience.

Avatar image for relentlessknight
RelentlessKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#76  Edited By RelentlessKnight

Just to let you know, there are only a few reviewers. This isn't like those "big" outlets that have the time to review a bunch of games.

Really, your topic is Utter fail!

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By AgentJ
BiggerBomb said:
"AgentJ said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"AgentJ said:
"pause422 said:
"
"
If you're talking about the variety between each franchise, then yes, you are correct. But within each franchise, the games have not changed at all, or very little, since their outset. You can also apply this to sports. Baseball games and basketball games are two different formats, because they are two different sports. By your logic, shouldn't that mean there is variety in the genre?"

While there is essentially only one pro baseball game, and essentially only one pro football game, there are tons of JRPGS that only last one or two games, and most of them have entirely different gameplay mechanics, like all the ones i compared above.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Snail
iAmJohn said:
"I think I'm John.  Actually, I'm pretty positive I'm John; like, 100% sure of it.  Is this the answer you were looking for?I'm not sure I understand your line of questioning."
No no no.
You do not follow.
Why the fuck should you, right?

AgentJ said:
"LordAndrew said:
"Reviewing Princess Debut would have appeased us, but alas, it is not to be."
"

D:

OH NO YOU DIDN'T!

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Milkman

The Mad World review is coming this week and House of the Dead: Overkill is not a good game.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#80  Edited By Karmum

It would make sense for them to review the more popular and talked about games, and they are reviewing MadWorld.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Snail
Milkman said:
"House of the Dead: Overkill is not a good game."
I beg to differ.
Let's just not go there.
tristenkw5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#82  Edited By tristenkw5

Ok, the dude who started this post was a little too strong in his wording, but don't go completely flaming over him. Alot of what I heard was the same. Madworld review is comming, they did a HotD preview. And they preview alot of Wii games. So since everyone is looking at it from that point of view, let's go the other direction.

What about all the obviously crappy games they took time to review? I mean, Interpol? Was anyone expecting that to be any good? Need For Speed: Underground? After the way that series has been going, they could've just said in a preview how that looked. What about Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection? I've got nothing against retro games, but it's another one that didn't really need a review, just a quick talking over. And why take the time to review so many XBLA and PSN games? If a person wants to know if they like them, they can easily try every single one for free.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the GB guys. The second GB started up I came straight here. I respect them, and their right to review whatever the heck they want. But if someone has an issue when their reviews, they shouldn't get castrated on the spot. GB does work it's reviews in in a very unusual way, and if you don't understand the people behind it very well the site will come off biased.....and it is. But they don't claim otherwise for the most part, so if that's the way they want to do things, they can.

Anyway, I would love to get more solid opinions on Wii games out of the GB crew, but it's not like they have to review EVERYTHING just because I'd like to see more. The Wii has been going through a dry spell, but the games that are bringing it out of that slump are being a little ignored. I'd like to hear opinions on Wii games from guys who aren't nessasarilly in love with the wii. If I get it, great. If I don't, life moves on. Either way, I'll keep comming to Giant Bomb to see the stuff they DO review, and listen to their awesome bombcast.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By AgentJ
tristenkw5 said:
"Ok, the dude who started this post was a little too strong in his wording, but don't go completely flaming over him. Alot of what I heard was the same. Madworld review is comming, they did a HotD preview. And they preview alot of Wii games. So since everyone is looking at it from that point of view, let's go the other direction.What about all the obviously crappy games they took time to review? I mean, Interpol? Was anyone expecting that to be any good? Need For Speed: Underground? After the way that series has been going, they could've just said in a preview how that looked. What about Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection? I've got nothing against retro games, but it's another one that didn't really need a review, just a quick talking over. And why take the time to review so many XBLA and PSN games? If a person wants to know if they like them, they can easily try every single one for free.Now don't get me wrong, I love the GB guys. The second GB started up I came straight here. I respect them, and their right to review whatever the heck they want. But if someone has an issue when their reviews, they shouldn't get castrated on the spot. GB does work it's reviews in in a very unusual way, and if you don't understand the people behind it very well the site will come off biased.....and it is. But they don't claim otherwise for the most part, so if that's the way they want to do things, they can. Anyway, I would love to get more solid opinions on Wii games out of the GB crew, but it's not like they have to review EVERYTHING just because I'd like to see more. The Wii has been going through a dry spell, but the games that are bringing it out of that slump are being a little ignored. I'd like to hear opinions on Wii games from guys who aren't nessasarilly in love with the wii. If I get it, great. If I don't, life moves on. Either way, I'll keep comming to Giant Bomb to see the stuff they DO review, and listen to their awesome bombcast. "
This. I should've known someone with such an awesome avatar would say something smart and fair.
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Osaladin

He wants them to review such famous titles such as:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

House of the Dead is a lightgun game. Madworld has been reviewed. They don't review "hardcore" games. They review the games they're interested in.

House of the Dead is a lightgun game.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

It'd be nice if the GB staff review the Wii games that are getting the most hype like House of the Dead: Overkill and DS games like GTA: China Town Wars.Also, not every PS3 & 360 title the GB staff review are the type of game that gets the most hype like Sonic's Genesis collection.

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

you know what, i think this is a good question to ask them on the next Bombcast. hey TC, why don't you send them a question like this in so they might answer it on the next podcast? so we can put this damn thing to rest and move on with our lives.

Spectreman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Spectreman

* Anyone can receive constructive critics even if GB scope is review what they want. The guys are closed too much in yourselfs and can be disconnected with new things. In lastest Bombcast, they almost ignore GTA Chinatwon Wars. It is the more important game in this week. And an amazing game. But they thought "yeah, seems interesting, but it is isometric view, minigames, meh". C´mon, your are not in college anymore. And can´t  critisize Activision for exploring the same games when your review attention is focused in the same games too.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#89  Edited By PureRok
Spectreman said:
"* Anyone can receive constructive critics even if GB scope is review what they want. The guys are closed too much in yourselfs and can be disconnected with new things. In lastest Bombcast, they almost ignore GTA Chinatwon Wars. It is the more important game in this week. And an amazing game. But they thought "yeah, seems interesting, but it is isometric view, minigames, meh". C´mon, your are not in college anymore. And can´t  critisize Activision for exploring the same games when your review attention is focused in the same games too."
You are either very, very young, or English is not your first language... or both... or, hopefully not, neither.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By LordAndrew

If they're not interested in the game, you can't expect them to review it. If they end up reviewing it and not liking it, then they'll be heavily criticized by people who think they shouldn't have reviewed the game.