Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ArmA III

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 12, 2013

Arma 3 is the third core game in the simulation and modern combat Arma franchise developed by Bohemia Interactive.

Giantbomb Revisit Altis Life?

DirtyEagles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DirtyEagles

I was rewatching the ARMA III quicklook and the Altis Life portion was Hilarious, I was wondering if the crew had any plans of revisiting this weird game mode. Ive tried playing it and the RP elements of the game have alot of potential for some really ridiculous moments. Anyone else think this game mode deserves its own video or perhaps series?

Here is a quick look link for the Altis Life Portion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUzb6iqsEGI

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not sure Altis Life really fits there need for quick entertainment but thats because when I play that game I engage in multi-hour hostage escapades and get the police to bring negotiators.

There was a particular one a friend of mine planned where negotiator was brought in via helicopter (by the hostage taker) because the hostage was being held under the ocean which meant the negotiator only had a minute (or maybe two if he was lucky) to negotiate successfully before being dropped out of the helicopter above the hostage while we made our successful escape.

DirtyEagles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sounds amazing, and is precisely why I would like to see giantbomb take a more in depth look at the game mode. Just standing in Kavala square for a minute or two will provide enough material for a quick look without the need of fast tracking to "end game" activities.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

I think if you can convince the staff that "role playing" in these games are another term for "improvised comedy" they maybe interested. I too would like to see them do more with it. Hell, even Patrick doing some virtual embedded journalism around the antics and actions that go on in those things i think would be interesting.

Some of the Twitch materiel i watch is based around Altis life and it seems like you can get a lot of interesting content out of it if you can better convince the GB staff to take a look.

azMONKza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

We need to get them to do this!!!

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@azmonkza said:

We need to get them to do this!!!

Duder! id probably start a new thread on this to get some more attention. Because the mods will probably lock this since its a year old. I can see that your new so welcome aboard! But yes i agree lets have a return

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.