Giantbomb's 5 GOTY's Which is Your Favourite?

• 61 results
D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll Giantbomb's 5 GOTY's Which is Your Favourite? (234 votes)

GTA IV 11%
Uncharted 2 18%
Mass Effect 2 39%
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 21%
XCOM: Enemy Unknown 12%

So the talk about five years of Giantbomb got me thinking of their picks for GOTY which is your personal favourite game out of the bunch? I'm not sure if this is retreading old ground or not (i'm sure I would be told if it was) but I want to see what year was the community favourite.

In all honesty I've only played 3/5. The two I have not are GTAIV and Skyrim. GTA because I was never into the series (played a fair bit of 3 and a little bit/watched a lot of Vice City) it just never clicked for me. As for Skyrim I'm waiting for a GOTY edition to hit because at this point why not wait it out. Also I didn't get into Oblivion mostly as a result of playing Fallout 3 and Dragon Age before hand. With those 2 games I felt like I got the big open world Bethesda stuff and a good fantasy world which made Oblivion seem flat as a result. Insult if you wish but yeah haven't played two of these IMPORTANT GAMES!!! lol.

My personal pick is going to be Mass Effect 2. Phenomenal game.

What about you.....son?

• 
bgdiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

Uncharted 2 has to be one of the best games I've ever played. I go absolutely nuts for big, Hollywood-esque set pieces, and the great writing, voice acting, and action were absolutely phenomenal. Nathan Drake is the quintessential action hero, and I think Uncharted 2, compared to the original and the third, really brought that out.

Obviously, if you hate set-pieces and little free-choice at the expense of great action scenes, you're not going to like Uncharted 2. Yet if you (manly) giggle in delight when action heroes jump off of stuff as it explodes behind them, you'll love Uncharted 2.

donfonzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By donfonzie

MGS4 MOTHERFUCKERS, THAT IS THE TRUE WINNER!!!!

Remember '08, Remember...

Metal Gear !?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Milkman

Mass Effect 2, probably. GTA IV is pretty close, though.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Jimbo
  1. ME2
  2. Skyrim
  3. XCOM

4. GTA IV
  5. Uncharted 2
OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's between Skyrim and GTAV for me, so I guess Skyrim? The driving controls in that were easier to get, probably because they didn't exist.

No Caption Provided

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Skyrim, followed by Mass Effect 2. Don't really care for the rest.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dovahkiin, dovahkiin!

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#58  Edited By Seppli

Mass Effect 2 - queue Suicide Mission theme. Instant Nostalgia. One of the best few hours of my gaming life. The *Commander Moments*, and my connection to Shepard's troops, is what made it so great - and what Mass Effect 3's ending was sorely lacking.

madpierrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me personally it's Mass Effect 2. It my 2nd favorite game of this entire generation and probably in my top 5 all time, so despite Skryim and XCOM also being two of my all time favorites I'd have to go with ME2. Saints Row should of won for it's year though so I'll protest the Skyrim pick, haha.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I have only played 2 of them, so ME2 :P

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers