#1 Edited by 34wsdfsdfwe (153 posts) -

Tournaments are great, tournaments are fun!. Tournaments make for great, fun videos to watch. It would be awesome with tournaments here in Giantbomb one day.

My personal suggestions for tourny games: BC2, GoW2 and why not Bioshock 2? Other suggestions?

Edit: And MW2, of course, how could one forget?

#2 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

well, we have street fighter IV tourneys sometimes here. something else would be kind of fun 

#3 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2051 posts) -

What if the winner of the Tournament got to play against one of the Giant Bomb staff and they filmed it and put it online? They should do that.

#4 Posted by 34wsdfsdfwe (153 posts) -
@InfiniteGeass said:
" What if the winner of the Tournament got to play against one of the Giant Bomb staff and they filmed it and put it online? They should do that. "
Sounds like the end of ButtonMashing, but still, whatever's fun to watch would definitely be worth it!
#5 Posted by PenguinDoctor (293 posts) -

Honestly, that Street Fighter 4 tourney was great television.  I guess it could work on Giant Bomb, but i'd rather not watch it.  Tournements are just too boring to make for great video.  Remember Arena?
#6 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -

Street Fighter is the only tournament this community is interstered in for the most part.

#7 Posted by JJOR64 (18914 posts) -

We have to do a Uno tournament duders.

#8 Posted by btman (1038 posts) -
@Belonpopo said:
" Street Fighter is the only tournament this community is interstered in for the most part. "
i don't think you can speak for the whole community
#9 Posted by UnlivedPhalanx (473 posts) -

I think tournaments are great, not only for community involvement but, I feel like when I'm familiar with a game like UT2004 - watching skilled players compete head to head is often very interesting!

#10 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

Team Fortress 2.  

Only because it's the one multiplayer game I still keep coming back to.

#11 Posted by fisher81 (535 posts) -
@geirdaniel said:
" @InfiniteGeass said:
" What if the winner of the Tournament got to play against one of the Giant Bomb staff and they filmed it and put it online? They should do that. "
Sounds like the end of ButtonMashing, but still, whatever's fun to watch would definitely be worth it! "
Exactly. Start a derivative of Button Mashing. Shit would be INSANE!
#12 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

I could go for the return of button mashing... provided Gallup gets his Eyebrow in here and hosts every now and again.

#13 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

I'd only like a tournament type feature if all the games they did a tournament on were ridiculous. 
Like if they did an Uno tourney, or a God of War quick time tourney, or a Tomena Samner tournament, or a Super Smash Brothers tournament. 

Note: that last one was a total BURN.

#14 Posted by EnchantedEcho (738 posts) -

I want this.

#15 Posted by fisher81 (535 posts) -

Returning to what I said about starting a Button Mashing spin-off, didn't Vinny host the last episode of Button Mashing?

#16 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I don't know. I really like watching tournaments online and a chance to compete now that I don't have to lie about my age would be awesome.

#17 Posted by Zaapp1 (657 posts) -
@JJOR64: Too much potential for Canadian Cokesters.
#18 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

I'd be all for it.  It's definitely fun to see Tournament TV, especially when Jeff is commentating.

#19 Posted by Rallier (1739 posts) -

Sure but the staff will need to provide the community the tools to get the tournaments running or promote them themselves. It quite hard to set of a tournament for any game that is not SF4 or Modern Warfare 2 how the site is built.