#1 Posted by EthanielRain (765 posts) -

So I was reading the "semi-worthy cause"/tip jar store page and it says:

"If nothing else, the money will help us hold off the enemy at our gates one more day."

Gave me a chuckle.

#2 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

I am baffled.

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19307 posts) -

I thought it would have been Gamebomb.ru

#4 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11468 posts) -

rivalvideogamewebsite.com redirects to Gamespot now? That's pretty great.

#5 Posted by Yummylee (21242 posts) -

They are the true rivalvideogamewebsite after all.

#6 Posted by Vinny_Says (5685 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

I thought it would have been Gamebomb.ru

they reviewed both Max Payne 1 and 2.....crazy stuff over there.

#7 Posted by papercut (3446 posts) -

So is Giantbomb Nuke.com?

#8 Posted by huntad (1930 posts) -

That's pretty great.

#9 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

@papercut said:

So is Giantbomb Nuke.com?

yes

#10 Posted by Turambar (6675 posts) -

It started directing to Gamestop instead of a joke site with an image of the staff all witch fake mustaches shortly after the buyout.  Pretty sure there was another thread dedicated to it.

#11 Edited by EthanielRain (765 posts) -

@Turambar said:

It started directing to Gamestop instead of a joke site with an image of the staff all witch fake mustaches shortly after the buyout. Pretty sure there was another thread dedicated to it.

Sorry for repost, I searched but didn't see. I hope it stays as it is, I love obscure GB jokes & references ^_^

#12 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@ArbitraryWater said:

rivalvideogamewebsite.com redirects to Gamespot now? That's pretty great.

Has for a long time, actually.

#13 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Everyone knows the true enemy is Gamebomb.ru.

#14 Posted by N7 (3573 posts) -
@joshthebear said:
Everyone knows the true enemy is Gamebomb.ru.
Gamebomb.ru
Where the reviews are made up and the scores don't matter.
#15 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -
#16 Posted by Suedehead (110 posts) -
#17 Posted by ajamafalous (11845 posts) -
@N7 said:
@joshthebear said:
Everyone knows the true enemy is Gamebomb.ru.
Gamebomb.ru Where the reviews are made up and the scores don't matter.
That's right, the points don't matter. Just like copyright infringement.
#18 Posted by Harpell (146 posts) -
@Suedehead
Okay, so rivalvideogamewebsite is gamespot, and gamespot is nuke.com, and nuke.com is Giant Bomb...INCEPTION.
#19 Posted by c_rakestraw (823 posts) -

@joshthebear said:

Everyone knows the true enemy is Gamebomb.ru.

Are they really, though? ARE THEY?!

#20 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4928 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

@N7 said:
@joshthebear said:
Everyone knows the true enemy is Gamebomb.ru.
Gamebomb.ru Where the reviews are made up and the scores don't matter.
That's right, the points don't matter. Just like copyright infringement.

So check this out. They gave Shogun 2 5 stars and I know someone in the community who LOVES Shogun 2. See where I'm getting at?

#21 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

@ajamafalous said:

@N7 said:
@joshthebear said:
Everyone knows the true enemy is Gamebomb.ru.
Gamebomb.ru Where the reviews are made up and the scores don't matter.
That's right, the points don't matter. Just like copyright infringement.

So check this out. They gave Shogun 2 5 stars and I know someone in the community who LOVES Shogun 2. See where I'm getting at?

One step closer to figuring out why the bastard is always crouching.

#22 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Lol. That's pretty hilarious. So it's gotta be a joke... or is there a CBSi Civil War about to go down?

#23 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@thedj93 said:

@papercut said:

So is Giantbomb Nuke.com?

yes

Sadly that's still also redirecting to Gamespot
#24 Posted by Seastalk (123 posts) -
#25 Posted by ShockD (2393 posts) -
@Harpell said:
@Suedehead Okay, so rivalvideogamewebsite is gamespot, and gamespot is nuke.com, and nuke.com is Giant Bomb...INCEPTION.

#26 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

@Harpell said:

@Suedehead Okay, so rivalvideogamewebsite is gamespot, and gamespot is nuke.com, and nuke.com is Giant Bomb...INCEPTION.

Its like Alias, except without sexy girls.

#27 Posted by Kaiserreich (684 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen: But Shogun 2 IS a really good game. Don't let him ruin it. :(

Online
#28 Posted by AuthenticM (3698 posts) -

What's nuke.com and rivalvideogamewebsite.com and why do they both redirect to gamespot?

#29 Posted by EXTomar (4494 posts) -

I'm trying to picture Giant Bomb with a goatee. Or is Giant Bomb the one with the goatee and the evil twin is the one without??

#30 Edited by NathHaw (2760 posts) -

Like rivalvideogamewebsite seemed pretty obvious to me, but apparently it isn't. I wonder how many people even know what "Get Bent Duder!" is anymore and why it came about.

#31 Posted by Nux (2303 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

I thought it would have been Gamebomb.ru

they reviewed both Max Payne 1 and 2.....crazy stuff over there.

Don't forget Dr. Mario. They reviewed that too.

#32 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

@nrh79 said:

Like rivalvideogamewebsite seemed pretty obvious to me, but apparently it isn't. I wonder how many people even know what "Get Bent Duder!" is anymore and why it came about.

one of the p4 er videos did that wierd "duder its over glitch" the message when a video was over. So someone made a photoshop and posted in the comments with kanji.

#33 Posted by Mikemcn (6955 posts) -

@TentPole said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@ajamafalous said:

@N7 said:
@joshthebear said:
Everyone knows the true enemy is Gamebomb.ru.
Gamebomb.ru Where the reviews are made up and the scores don't matter.
That's right, the points don't matter. Just like copyright infringement.

So check this out. They gave Shogun 2 5 stars and I know someone in the community who LOVES Shogun 2. See where I'm getting at?

One step closer to figuring out why the bastard is always crouching.

Don't you be disrespecting Gamebomb.ru. I can't read russian but most of their content is actually original now. They even have a talking bomb-mascot! Innovation in journalism needs to start somewhere, and that somewhere is http://gamebomb.ru/

#34 Posted by CornBREDX (4790 posts) -

aww. I miss what rivalvideogamewebsite was before.

Everyone knows bizarro Giant Bomb is the real enemy. Mustaches are evil!

#35 Posted by AndrewB (7489 posts) -

I think they might want to change that. Or maybe not?

Never forget.