#1 Posted by Rodent (260 posts) -

The idea of this thread is to post pics of gaming related things that you pick up throughout the month.

Try to use actual pictures of your stuff if possible and not pics from the internet.

My pickups so far this month:

Picked up Kirby for $19

Batman, Borderlands, AC:BH, Saints Row and Space Marine all for $9 each and Darksiders for $20.

#2 Posted by TheHT (11147 posts) -

Dude. Where the fuck did you get Saints Row for 9 bucks?!

#3 Edited by Rodent (260 posts) -

@TheHT said:

Dude. Where the fuck did you get Saints Row for 9 bucks?!

Zellers. They've got all sorts of PC games for dirt cheap...but they don't keep up with the price drops of console games. But the nice thing about Zellers is is that they price match. I've taken in a BestBuy ad that I've printed off the internet and they've matched it.

EDIT: I should also mention that it's from a Canadian Zellers...cause I'm Canadian.

#4 Posted by JoeyRavn (4967 posts) -
#5 Posted by TooWalrus (13167 posts) -

I'd take some pictures, but everything I've bought has been on Steam. I just built my first gaming PC a few months ago... I thought about buying boxed copies whenever possible, but I just don't see the point anymore. It's gotten to the point where I've considered selling off all of my 360 games wherever there's a PC version available on Steam.

#6 Posted by Rodent (260 posts) -

@JoeyRavn: So Civ V, I know there is a GotY edition, but will they come out with another version of the GotY with Gods and Kings inside? I really want to get the game but I'm wondering if I should wait?

@TooWalrus: I just nicely started PC gaming myself last winter and I've built up a nice little collection of both Steam games and on disc stuff.

#7 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Still quite early but this month so far.

• Battlefield Bad Company - £3.
  • Rainbow Moon - £7.
#8 Posted by Doctorchimp (4074 posts) -

@Rodent: I see your iPads and raise you...

#9 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
  • PSO2 - Free (so far)
#10 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

Nothing. Moths have invaded my wallet and evicted all the money that were residents in it.

#11 Posted by Rodent (260 posts) -

@Doctorchimp said:

@Rodent: I see your iPads and raise you...

I tip my hat to you sir. Is this your first time PC building?

Actually to be fair one of the iPads was for me and the other for my oldest daughter.

#12 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I'm getting The Last Story, so there's always that.

#13 Posted by ADAMWD (581 posts) -
#14 Posted by Doctorchimp (4074 posts) -

@Rodent: Yeah.

I'm actually still waiting on the case. If I had known it would take Amazon a whole week to deliver 30 pounds of steel cross country I would have just taken a trip down to Fry's and bite the bullet to pay sales tax.

It's supposed to come in today and I have a friend coming over to help build it, but man there is nothing more agonizing than looking at 2 boxes filled with PC parts waiting to be put together.

#15 Posted by Rodent (260 posts) -

@Doctorchimp: Yeah I'd have no clue what to do if I had to build a PC. Are you going top-tier Alienware equivalent or more of a middle of the road gaming PC?

And either way what, if you don't mind me asking, do you think the whole thing is gonna run you in the end?

#16 Edited by Doctorchimp (4074 posts) -

@Rodent: I'm definitely going to be blowing out what Aleinware can do.

The whole thing cost me around 1,400.

EVGA 670 GTX FTW

i7 3770k

Asus motherboard p8z77 v pro

1 tb hard drive

HAF 932 advanced case

16 gb RAM

750w power supply

Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus

Yeah for this equivalent Alienware wants like 3,000...

#17 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -
#18 Posted by SMTDante89 (2564 posts) -

Can't really take a picture of it, but I purchased the DLC Bundle for Burnout Paradise (which I downloaded about two weeks ago, loving it!)