#1 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Game Informer usually puts their covers up a bit early before they send out the magazine. I guess they have been informed they can't for their latest cover because there is going to be a worldwide reveal on August 14th.

So what could it be? Respawn Entertainment revealing their game?

#2 Posted by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -

Might not be an unannounced game necessarily. Maybe some GTA5 coverage?

#3 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

The COD popularity is about COD, not the people who made COD. Which is why the Respawn Entertainment shindig is not significant because==> The significance of COD or anything COD related is its insane popularity and sales. The Respawn dudes can no longer make COD games, which means the element of insane popularity is gone. And when it's gone, all Respawn is is another shooter developer.

#4 Posted by Brodehouse (9588 posts) -

I'd say it either has to be Respawn or Bungie showing their new shit.

Or maybe he's just talking big and it's just a GTA5 in-depth reveal.

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Grand Theft Auto V.

#6 Posted by Brodehouse (9588 posts) -

I would say maybe it's Blizzard talking about Titan, but they don't give a shit about magazines. They have their own built-in base that they'll use.

#7 Posted by Witzig (326 posts) -

Maybe Blizzard's "Titian project"? 

#8 Posted by gunstar (247 posts) -

Holdin out for Valve.

#9 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4637 posts) -

There is only one game that can get away with this shit.

It is finally happening.

Half-Life 3.

#10 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@gunstar said:

Holdin out for Valve.

Supposedly September 17th Gametrailers is doing something with Valve.

#11 Posted by Demoskinos (14563 posts) -

It is obviously Night Trap 2.

#12 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

My money is on GTA V, but I'm ready to be surprised.

#13 Posted by Brodehouse (9588 posts) -

He mentions 'publisher' but never actually says the word 'game'. Could it be new console news?

#14 Posted by Hyuzen (444 posts) -

Bungie's game is coming out next year right? They have to unveil it before next years E3, maybe this is the place to do it

#15 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

Jazz Jackrabbit.

#16 Posted by BaneFireLord (2911 posts) -

There are only two announcements that could possibly get me excited: Star Wars Battlefront III being brought back from the dead or Fallout 4. And it won't be either of those. Sigh.

#17 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1352 posts) -

Maybe MGS5?

#18 Posted by HH (599 posts) -

Pandemic have executed a savage coup from within EA, while also eliminating their under-masters Bioware, and are now set to release an unlimited budget, unlmited support, and unlimited content... Star Wars Battlefront III.

#19 Posted by thebipsnbeeps (545 posts) -

Jonny Blow's game, right?

#20 Posted by EVO (3864 posts) -

It's obviously the addition of Crash Bandicoot to Playstation All-Stars.

#21 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I would guess an early reveal for MGS5? Or maybe that Nintendo game that was "missing" from E3 according to that guy.

#22 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Haha. All the people saying Grand Theft Auto V - don't fucking flatter yourselves.

I really think it's either Respawn's project, or Valve is finally going to announce Half-Life 3. Those are really the only two games that I can think of that would garner a worthy worldwide reveal.

#23 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

Game Informer? Isn't this month's cover Army of Two?

#24 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4637 posts) -

@Napalm said:

Haha. All the people saying Grand Theft Auto V - don't fucking flatter yourselves.

I really think it's either Respawn's project, or Valve is finally going to announce Half-Life 3. Those are really the only two games that I can think of that would garner a worthy worldwide reveal.

How on Earth are Respawn more worthy of it than GTAV. I agree that it being GTAV is bullshit, but that would be way bigger news than whatever woefully average FPS the old CoD guys are doing.

#25 Posted by Christoffer (1758 posts) -

Titan or Half-Life 3 sounds like the best guesses so far.

I don't think they put any blood into the issue, that is clearly an exaggeration, else I'm kind of impressed.

#26 Edited by BaneFireLord (2911 posts) -
@WalkerTR77 said:

Maybe MGS5?

This man speaks the truth. 

@Jack268 said:

I would guess an early reveal for MGS5? 

As does this man. 

Blizzard has no reason to reveal Titan via magazine; they have millions of fans using their online products every day. It would be so much easier to simply post a reveal on the launcher. 

The concept artist at Respawn stated that we probably wouldn't be getting their game until 2015. It would do nothing but annoy and disappoint people to announce a game three years ahead of time (see Blizzard's 4 year lag between announcing Diablo III and releasing it). Unless EA pressured them into ginning up some quick press demo to help alleviate some of the gaming world's ill will regarding BioWare et al, I highly doubt we shall be getting any info on their game until at least E3 next year. 

Half Life 3? Perhaps, but I feel like Valve would have a press conference with fireworks and parades to announce that, as opposed to a magazine story. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.

MGS5 seems the most likely, as Kojima has already acknowledged that it is in the works. Also, there was that supposed leak of images from Comic Con. While Kojima denied that they were real, it wouldn't be the first time a developer has lied (Miyamoto and the "no plans for a revised handheld" statement, etc.). So yeah, my virtual money's with MGS. 

EDIT: 

Okay, so after doing a little digging, it appears that the reveal date coincides with the day that Capcom, Sony and EA are having their press conferences at Gamescom. As the time difference between Australia and Germany is 8 hours, and the Gameinformer AU reveal is at 4 pm local time, the reveal will be at 8 am in Germany. As the first press conference of the day on the 14th is Capcom, at 11 AM CET, perhaps this is an indication that the game is something from Capcom. Or maybe I'm reading way too much into this.
#27 Edited by Lukeweizer (2608 posts) -

I'm speculating that everyone will be disappointed with whatever the reveal is.

#28 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1803 posts) -

There are only four companies it could be...

• Valve with Half-Life 3
  • Rockstar with Grand Theft Auto 5
  • Blizzard with their new MMO
  • Respawn with their new game.

Or you know, somebody else. Those are my guesses, anyway.

#29 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1233 posts) -

Probably a Bungie game, Respawn game or GTA 5 info.

#30 Posted by Murdouken (709 posts) -

Ricochet 2

#31 Posted by Lagaroth (169 posts) -

Tomba! 3: Return of the Pig-People's Vengencing.

#32 Posted by Silvergun (297 posts) -

Skyrim's long awaited horse armor DLC!

#33 Posted by oraknabo (1453 posts) -

Details about the next XBOX?

#34 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6186 posts) -

Vampire 4/Darkstalkers 4 by Blue Castle and Capcom Japan.

#35 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1724 posts) -

August 14th is the same date as Sony's Gamescom press conference.  

So obviously it's the reborn Legend of Dragoon 2. Obviously. 

#36 Posted by Jimbo (9773 posts) -

Come on Little Big Adventure 3! *crosses fingers*

#37 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@GunslingerPanda said:

@Napalm said:

How on Earth are Respawn more worthy of it than GTAV. I agree that it being GTAV is bullshit, but that would be way bigger news than whatever woefully average FPS the old CoD guys are doing.

Because nobody is shocked that Grand Theft Auto V is coming? Don't get your panties in a bunch. A worldwide reveal is usually a game that hasn't been announced yet. And Half-Life 3 would be huge? And Respawn's project, which we know nothing about besides it's a shooter? Yes, those are more worthy than Grand Theft Auto V.

#38 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7051 posts) -
@Napalm

Yeah I'm sure Respawn's sci-fi FPS will be revolutionary. It's good of them to try their hand at a genre that isn't completely saturated and stale.
#39 Posted by ajamafalous (11850 posts) -

There's no way it's Blizzard, guys. They have their own damn conference that they reveal things at. I don't think it's Valve either, because, you know, Steam. 

I'd assume it's GTAV or Bungie. I don't think it's Respawn. 

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

August 14th is the same date as Sony's Gamescom press conference.
With this (is their conference around 4pm, by chance?) it's gotta be something shown there. GTAV, Bungie, or something else by Sony.
#40 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

@Napalm said:

Because nobody is shocked that Grand Theft Auto V is coming? Don't get your panties in a bunch. A worldwide reveal is usually a game that hasn't been announced yet. And Half-Life 3 would be huge? And Respawn's project, which we know nothing about besides it's a shooter? Yes, those are more worthy than Grand Theft Auto V.

You seem incredibly unnecessarily hostile in this thread.

#41 Posted by stryker1121 (1346 posts) -

Head says GTAV

Heart says Half Life 3

#42 Posted by theguy (796 posts) -

@CL60 said:

@Napalm said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

@Napalm said:

You seem incredibly unnecessarily hostile in this thread.

Agreed.

#43 Posted by AlexW00d (6186 posts) -

But EU4 was announced today...

#44 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4637 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

@Napalm said:

My panties are fine! *blush* Don't go looking up my skirt silly boys, UGUUU!~

Clearly HL3 is the only worthy contender.

#45 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

@Napalm said:

Like it or not, GTAV is something the typical, magazine buying gamer will care about and while it's a game that's already been announced, we know next to nothing about it. The fact they've recently put up a teaser website is a pretty clear indication that more information about the game is coming soon too. Plus this is Game Informer trying to build up hype for themselves. Don't assume it's going to be something Earth-shatteringly amazing, just because they're telling you so.

It also seems like you're the one flattering yourself by assuming your tastes are more sophisticated/important than others'.

#46 Posted by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -

Not gettin' my hopes up with speculation, I can just wait and see.

#47 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4637 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind said:

It also seems like you're the one flattering yourself by assuming your tastes are more sophisticated/important than others'.

Dammit, you made my point far more eloquently than I did.

#48 Posted by Marz (5642 posts) -

my inner self wants to see Half Life 3 announced.

but it will probably be a new Zelda game for the Wii U.

#49 Posted by Irvandus (2826 posts) -

Something no one cares about

#50 Posted by adam1808 (1373 posts) -

@BaneFireLord said:

There are only two announcements that could possibly get me excited: Star Wars Battlefront III being brought back from the dead or Fallout 4. And it won't be either of those. Sigh.

This. Isn't the Fox Engine tech being shown off soon too?