banishedsoul1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By banishedsoul1

Gaming kinda had its own silent era.

Yes we had sound in games lots of bleeps and blops, and so forth.

But after playing skyward sword (which i think is very underrated 7.5 on gamespot really?) the biggest problem i had with the game is no voice acting. It makes the game feel stone age. It is a beautiful and detailed game ,but everything is said in text.

I think games like Other M are going to hold back Nintendo form trying this again. My god how did they over do it so much?

Having to take my eyes off whats going on kinda takes me out of the game.

What retro game do you want to see with voice acting?

Even newer games like half life Gordon freeman does not speak a word as people are freaking out right in front of him.

banishedsoul1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By banishedsoul1

Gaming kinda had its own silent era.

Yes we had sound in games lots of bleeps and blops, and so forth.

But after playing skyward sword (which i think is very underrated 7.5 on gamespot really?) the biggest problem i had with the game is no voice acting. It makes the game feel stone age. It is a beautiful and detailed game ,but everything is said in text.

I think games like Other M are going to hold back Nintendo form trying this again. My god how did they over do it so much?

Having to take my eyes off whats going on kinda takes me out of the game.

What retro game do you want to see with voice acting?

Even newer games like half life Gordon freeman does not speak a word as people are freaking out right in front of him.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By FLStyle

Some obvious ones would be Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, Tekken 1, 2 and 3.

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By thedj93

hmm...

banjo kazooie?

donkey kong?

Conker had sick VA back in the day

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

@banishedsoul1 said:

Even newer games like half life Gordon freeman does not speak a word as speaking freaking out right in front of him.

what in the hell

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By falserelic

The guy in GRAND THEFT AUTO 3. They should do a remake and give him a personality.

banishedsoul1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By banishedsoul1

@Yummylee said:

@banishedsoul1 said:

Even newer games like half life Gordon freeman does not speak a word as speaking freaking out right in front of him.

what in the hell

yeah i messed up there

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Final Fantasy only worked because the player imagined the character voices based on inflection and personality. When you actually hear it spoken out loud you go "oh well this isn't natural dialogue whatsoever."

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By GunstarRed

I don't know what you're talking about when it comes to Nintendo. You should look at Kid Icarus, if anything there is arguably too much voice acting. ( I should probably also point out that I think it's done amazingly well in that game)

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EXTomar

I don't think voiced dialog is better than text dialog. It is all in how the presentation goes where it could have been just as bad to have a terrible whiny Link voice. If nothing else, Other M should be a cautionary tale in how voice damages might have damaged story and characterization. Instead of the bad ass bounty hunter Samus, in Other M we got a girl who should be posting her inner monologues on Facebook instead of telling us.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By OneManX

CM Punk

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By JasonR86

Oh boy.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By TobbRobb

I like games without voicework. Most of the time it's so insanely bad that it breaks the immersion "talking about gaming overall, ofcourse most AAA games have good voiceacting". If someone can't make a voiceacted game, then don't even try. It's better without it in that case.

So basically, I don't mind good voices and hate bad ones, but a lack of voices wont affect my purchase decision.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By cookiemonster

WAT

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Justin258

I think the opposite - games could do with some text now and then. Morrowind's world is given a good bit of detail because it had text and less spoken words, plus you can always go back in the conversation if you missed something. Granted, sometimes it could get a bit too wordy, but...

Anyway, another thing I liked about Morrowind is that it gave you a journal instead of directions to go find your way around with. It wasn't perfect, it was often too vague, but the idea was a great way to get away from "go to this dot and collect this/kill this guy/do this" type things. It added a whole lot more to exploration and required a bit of knowledge and skill about directions and geography.

Yeah, I definitely think that text should make a comeback. But then, I also think that 7.5 is a fine score for a generic Zelda game :P

*runs fast*

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OneManX said:

CM Punk

Confirmed for the next Nolan North

CM Punk
CM Punk
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#17  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I want Zelda games to have voice acting if only because it would cause the fanbase to implode. It will never happen though.

Avatar image for spicy_jasonator
spicy_jasonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By spicy_jasonator

@ArbitraryWater: If you're willing to count the Satellaview LoS games, then it's happened already.