Giving Thanks To Giant Bomb and the Whiskey Media family

CheckPointD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CheckPointD

I don't know if a thread like this already exists but I thought this would be a good time of year to give thanks to our friends at Giant Bomb and their fellow Whiskey Media cohorts.  So I want to create a thread where we could express our thoughts and give thanks to the guys that do so much to provide us with quality entertainment.  I work a crappy job, go to school, and spend what time is left taking care of my pregnant wife and exuberant two year old boy.  When I do get time to crash the first place I turn is Giant Bomb.  And the podcast is a main stay on the ol' Ipod while I'm at work.  So thank you gents for the hard work you have put forth that I can be so pleasantly and consistently entertained.   

Now to the other readers out there I would like to invite you to give your thanks as well for the marvel that is Giant Bomb and Whiskey Media, 

Thank you and Merry Christmas. 

Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Mars_Cleric

I had a pretty bad time for some of this year
But no matter how bad I felt, I could rely on Giant Bomb to give me a smile and a laugh by watching Quick Looks, Endurance Runs and listening to the Bombcast 
So I wanted to say thanks for giving me a nice and entertaining distraction when I needed it
Thanks guys, keep it up
FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By FinalDasa

Great idea :) 

I would also like to express my thanks to all the Whiskey Media employees and a special thanks to Giant Bomb.  
This hasn't been the best year recently and I'm attempting to put everything back on track once again. But being able to come to Giant Bomb and other Whiskey sites to take my mind off things for awhile and laugh made it all that much more bearable.  
Keep up the great work :)

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Baillie

Further donations can be sent to Iain Baillie in Glasgow's Giant Bomb HQ 2. 

Yeah, I don't know thanking them is what I want to do, I just want to say I hope these dudes expand in the coming years, being able to do more things like going to all the conferences they want, Brad becoming a Starcraft IIchampion, Vinny making a movie with Drew, Jeff winning world records on various Game Room video games and Ryan to finally exact revenge on some real ass helicopters

Hopefully by the time inSane comes out, this will all have came to fruition with the help of all our support and subscriptions!

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By nintendoeats

If I hadn't discovered the Hotspot all those years ago...well, its legitimately possible that bad things would have happened to me. I certainly wouldn't know as much about games as I do. I give thanks for GB.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#6  Edited By MightyDuck

Keep up the great work guys.  

The site quickly became one of my favorites and the podcast is something that is always on when driving to work in my car.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Vinchenzo

No, fuck the GB staff until they let me give my thanks by buying a fucking hoodie. For fuck sake!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By JJWeatherman

Amen to this thread. 

Thank you most of all to Jeff, Ryan, Vinny, Brad. Drew, Dave, Rorie, Navarro, Will, and Norm. Y'all rock.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LiquidSwords

Thank You Giant Bomb and Whiskey Media for making some of my worst days into great ones. Never joined any forums before this site (Even during the GS days).

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By mylifeforAiur

I would like to thank Vinny for being so damn awesome!^^ 

Voxatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Voxatron
@LiquidSwords said:

" Thank You Giant Bomb and Whiskey Media for making some of my worst days into great ones. Never joined any forums before this site (Even during the GS days). "

Seconded.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Jeust

Thanks for the great service on the website. And Merry Christmas to all!

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#13  Edited By alistercat
@JJWeatherman:  Don't forget Dr Cosby.
Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By Kierkegaard

Thank you, GiantBomb, and all your subsidiaries, for being a website I spend an unhealthy amount of time on, but one I feel no guilt for doing so.  

You guys manage to balance intelligent banter with wacky hijinks and have found the perfect quality and approach to internet video and audio.  

That you don't have global reach is probably good for global productivity, but I do love to see you all thriving.  

Whether you intend it or not, your impeccable sense of humor and general quality makes you guys an easy bridge between those who play games and those who do not, and that's a really valuable thing for such a popular yet divisive medium.  

Keep it up and have a lovely Holiday. 

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really has been a great year. A fun year. The Whiskey Duders and Dudettes made a lot of strides this year, and only progress is in the road ahead. 

Seriously, though. I also need to extend a thanks to this community. Y'all are some cool cats. I like chatting with you, agreeing and disagreeing with you, reading your back-and-forths. I like hearing your opinions and getting my mind blown by you guys when you do amazing things ( you and you and you, specifically, but everyone contributes in their own way). 

This really is the best internet community on the web, driven by the best, most talented, most consistently inspired group of game, film, and comic critics, and web designers, and video producers, and engineers, and Luchadeers. Love y'all. 

<3

Avatar image for shadowknight508
ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShadowKnight508

Cheers for the brilliant work that the Giant Bomb staff and the entire Whiskey Media family of sites have done this year. This has become my new favorite website (Sorry AnimeVice and Playfire!) to visit and discuss all things gaming with hundreds of fellow gamers.

Cheers for the Mods who work so hard to keep the forums free of spam and questionable content as well. <3 n_n

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By snide

Thanks for being an awesome community that I don't feel ashamed to hang out with. Been having a blast playing WoW with a full GB guild :) 

You guys make this website.

Avatar image for shadowknight508
ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShadowKnight508
@snide said:
" Thanks for being an awesome community that I don't feel ashamed to hang out with. Been having a blast playing WoW with a full GB guild :)  You guys make this website. "
We may make this site popular, but without the hard work of the staff and yourself do to make it so awesome for us users, this would not be possible. Cheers! n_n
Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Brians

I sincerely appreciate the good work that Whiskey Media does, here's to another great year and most of 2012 before the Mayan thing totally happens...........or fails to.

nERVEcenter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By nERVEcenter

I am also highly appreciative.

You know, it's funny...I'm a recent arrival to the site, and after much lurking and trolling on /v/, as well as subjugating myself to simply tolerating GameTrailers and IGN, I feel like I've finally found the place that actually gets it. Barely a couple weeks and the Bombsquad feel like family. Also funny: In the last half hour, I was curiously interested in the history of the site, and found out Jeff was "that one guy who reviewed Kane & Lynch on Gamespot." Then I read up on the founding of Giant Bomb, and realized that this is truly a group of people worth supporting. Excellent work.

Because I am currently in a state of clinical depression, what with finals, family issues, and my dorm environment not helping much to solve it, I find Giant Bomb's content (and Whiskey's content in general) to be wonderfully entertaining and mood-lifting when I'm feeling like complete deuce. I appreciate that.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By DanielJW

When I got diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes in 2009 and I had to stay in the hospital, I specifically asked that my Mother go home, have my brother load my iPod with Bombcasts and return it to me. The Bombcast, and pretty much everything else on this site has been my favourite source of entertainment since it launched. I'm sure I have some pretty insignificant problems compared to most people, but whenever I've felt like total crap there's always been something here I could laugh at.  

So I guess I want to say thanks. It might be just a site about video games, but it's been a hell of a lot more for me. You guys are awesome. 

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By benpack

Seriously. Big ups to Whiskey Media for providing hours upon hours of hilarious content.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jasta

To another year of Whiskey Media <3

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CptChiken

Heres to the next year, let it be full of yet more amusement, tomfoolery and joy. And of corse more footage of dave being scared shitless by a gorilla. 

you guys are awesome.

MrHammeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#26  Edited By MrHammeh

Next thing to be thankful for will be a 24 hour GB cable channel.  ;)  Thanks GB, you really make a lot of peoples days brighter. 

ThaMilkMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ThaMilkMan

This is the kind of stuff that makes this community awesome!  

I would like to thank Jeff,Ryan,Brad,Vinny,Dave,Drew,the list kind of goes on from there to all web designers, producers, etc. You guys are awesome and make a grand portion of my internet life entertaining. 

1 Request though...can we get some voicemail questions for the bombcast...I was listening to some old school Hotspot and man...those things...just fantastic haha 

anyways keep up the good work, and community...stay frosty!

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By nickux
@Mars_Cleric said:
" I had a pretty bad time for some of this yearBut no matter how bad I felt, I could rely on Giant Bomb to give me a smile and a laugh by watching Quick Looks, Endurance Runs and listening to the Bombcast So I wanted to say thanks for giving me a nice and entertaining distraction when I needed itThanks guys, keep it up "  
Was about to write pretty much the same thing. This year, the past two years actually, have been pretty tough. But things like the Persona 4 Endurance Run, the Bombcast, etc. helped take my mind off things. 
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#29  Edited By Tireyo

I approve of this.  

Yes, thanks!

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I honestly don't know what I would do if it wasn't for Giant Bomb. There have been so many fun times in visiting this site every day, even if I'm not too involved in the community as I was before. Quick Looks and Bombcasts are hilarious and they always make my day. Not only that, but I've met some amazing people here on Giant Bomb, people who I talk to on a regular basis on Skype and Facebook, and not only does that show what nice users Giant Bomb has, but it goes to show that internet friends are totally possible. 

Merry Christmas, guys.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#31  Edited By Claude

I've had a shitty ass year, but Giant Bomb, Whiskey Media and all of their communities, especially Giant Bomb's, keep the internet a massive form of entertainment for my tortured soul. Thanks and with that said, make it better.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By OmegaPirate
@nERVEcenter: Well if you need any help dealing with any of that shit then feel free to start up a thread- sure its a videogames site first and foremost - however the community has shown itself to be REALLY supportive of each other in the best AND worst of times. 
Sure you'll always get those few sarcastic and bitchy ass replies but in general it's nothing but love round these parts 
Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you guys for another great year, and for the many more to come. 

nERVEcenter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By nERVEcenter
@OmegaPirate:  Good tip, much appreciated. Glad to hear the community can be so open, I'm sure I'll be sticking around for years to come.
Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mahonay

Great thread.

I am immensely thankful for this website.  I felt like leading up to GiantBomb there was a severe dry spell of good gaming journalism and interesting media based on gaming in general.  You basically had IGN, 1UP, Gametrailers, the site which name I shall not speak here, and G4TV (I threw up a little) if you wanted to get your gaming multimedia fix.  Gametrailers to me is about the only bearable site out of that group that actually contains some good original content.  I'm not counting sites like Kotaku and Destructoid since they are primarily news and not super sites like this one.  Then it happened.  I'm watching Jeff and Ryan sitting in a dimly lit basement starting something rather interesting.  I think anyone who's been here since the start could sense something really special had the potential to come from it.  Before you knew it you had Vinny and Brad on board too (I don't know if they actually came on later, but I remember seeing Jeff and Ryan first).  From there on it's just been a continuous explosion of magic and hilarious moments one after another.  An avalanche of amazing and varied content that just continues to snowball today.  Every single day I look forward to seeing what's new on GiantBomb.  When I'm having a really down day or I'm having a rough time, this site is always and I mean ALWAYS here with new content that always brightens my day the fuck up.  You guys are awesome and I am so incredibly thankful for what you do.  I immediately coughed up 50 bucks when the new paid memberships were announced on the Big Live Live show.  To me the exclusive content and features I get is just a bonus.  I was just happy to support such an incredible group of people.  I wear my members shirt proudly.  I wish GiantBomb continuing success and I look forward to what new and exciting things lay ahead.

[/ass kissing]

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Portis

I want to personally thank Whiskey Media for all of the work that they do, to keep me and everyone else entertained.

Seriously, I can't even tell you how many times I've literally had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard at things you guys have done. And when the subscription came around, I was happy I could help you guys out.

themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37  Edited By themartyr

It's interesting that, for what seems like a lot of people here, Giant Bomb is something of a safe-haven, an escape from the trials of an otherwise cruel and unforgiving world. I, too, feel the same. After a pretty big change in my life, I was left with little to no social interaction with people around me. For me, this website became an escape to a quiet room, an opportunity to breathe a little and to have some fun.
The bombcast is a coup de grace for game-lovers everywhere. Consistently hilarious, informative and entertaining. I'm still predominantly a GB user, but I also follow the Screened and Tested podcasts, and find all three as a whole to offer relief from a life that I don't really enjoy all that much otherwise. 

To all of Whiskey Media: You do a fantastic job, and you are the best operation on the internet. Keep it up, guys.

pabsi9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pabsi9
@mylifeforAiur this
Avatar image for deactivated-616d38c07628a
deactivated-616d38c07628a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jasta said:
" To another year of Whiskey Media <3 "
Cheers
ElephantLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ElephantLogic

I've been enjoying content on the site for a while now (though I only recently signed up for an account), so thanks to all of Whiskey Media for all the great work.

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Kjellm87

Yeah, good work, GB. It's a great website.
I wear gold for a reason

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BulletproofMonk

I would like to thank Coonce for being so tall and handsome.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#43  Edited By FLStyle

Thank you to Whiskey Media, its staff and all contributors. The most amazing video content, the most kick-ass podcasts and the best kind of tomfoolery on the net.

Here's to an even better 2011.

MARdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MARdude

Merci beaucoup whiskey media

pretender15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By pretender15

Yeah, gj

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#46  Edited By weegieanawrench

Thank you Giant Bomb and Whiskey Media for providing us with endless hours of entertainment! This has been you're greatest year yet and it will only get better! 

Cheers and Merry Christmas! 

<> 

tineyoghurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By tineyoghurt

My hats are off for all the great people that makes this AWESOME site possible. It feels like it was just yesterday that I was listening to the "Arrow Pointing Down" podcast. Sigh, I guess time really do pass. 

But yeah, here's for 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and all the following decades.  

Also, have batman.