Avatar image for godofwarfanatic
GODOFWARFANATIC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GODOFWARFANATIC

As we all know when you here the name Kratos you will cowl in fear but should they make another God of War game relating to the story? 

You could tell how much of a fan i am of the franchise because of my user name but with the ending after the credits you know there  

is a[n] oppritunity for them to make a God of War 4 but can they even make a 4th installment in the series? I mean Kratos destroyed all of Olympus soo who would Kratos fight next ? All the remaining titans? Please anyone tell me if you think this might be a go path for the series.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By laserbolts

They will make another one it doesn't matter if it fits in with the story.  "It's all about the money." - Vince Mcmahon

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By jacksukeru

I enjoyed 2 a lot more than 1, didn't play 3. I would rather they put their efforts into a new franchise, even if it was one with similar gameplay, just to mix things up a bit. They could still have the marketing guys say "FROM THE CREATORS OF; GOD OF WAR...".

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By MysteriousBob

They need to spend more time making Twisted Metal games.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By Icemael

No. God of War wasn't great when it first appeared. Now that we have stuff like God Hand and Bayonetta, it's just laughable.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#6  Edited By donutfever

Probably side stuff like Ghost of Sparta and Chain of Olympus. And I don't mean it'll be exclusively a PSP franchise, though.  

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7  Edited By wefwefasdf

I don't think they should. The formula was getting a little old the third time around.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Doctorchimp
@Icemael said:
" No. God of War wasn't great when it first appeared. Now that we have stuff like God Hand and Bayonetta, it's just laughable. "
God damn it, Gene isn't in MvC3...that's fucked up why'd you remind me?

But eh, I wouldn't mind another Greek game from them...I guess?
SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By SMTDante89

I kind of hope they don't make another "main game"  in the franchise.

Or something like that.
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Afroman269

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for freezingvibrations
FreezingVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like if they do another God of War, then you should be someone else going after Kratos to kill him.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By VierasTalo

There shouldn't be. I'm alright with spin-offs but the story was already so ruined in part three that I dread what they would do with it in a sequel. Kratos's Inferno, sheesh.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By TheHT

I think so.

Given how you pretty much fuck over the entire world by your selfish actions I'd like to see a sequel where you play as another character who wants revenge on Kratos for, well, fucking up the entire world.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By EuanDewar
@GODOFWARFANATIC said:
"As we all know when you here the name Kratos you will cowl in fear"

What?
Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Stete

Yes but if they give up the kratos/ancient greece storyline it and have a new cast of characters, gods and mythologies. And they need to get rid of the blades of chaos. Not that I think they were bad or anything (quite the opposite in fact)  but after 3 games (5 if you include the psp games) the chain mechanic is getting OLD.

Avatar image for deactivated-60321b0e394b7
deactivated-60321b0e394b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Should they keep making them?  No, the series doesn't really need more games, and the story has really been as fleshed out as it needs to be.  But I think they'll find a reason to bring back Kratos, probably  in in prequel form like they did with Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By Bloodgraiv3
@Icemael said:
"No. God of War wasn't great when it first appeared. Now that we have stuff like God Hand and Bayonetta, it's just laughable. "

god hand?!?! o.O
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Doctorchimp
@Stete said:
" Yes but if they give up the kratos/ancient greece storyline it and have a new cast of characters, gods and mythologies. And they need to get rid of the blades of chaos. Not that I think they were bad or anything (quite the opposite in fact)  but after 3 games (5 if you include the psp games) the chain mechanic is getting OLD. "
Yeah, I want to see like Nordic game...which they might do since all this viking stuff is coming back, between the Thor movie and Skyrim...

What if they went the complete opposite in more of a Demon's Souls/Monster Hunter type of combat? Still completely epic, but it resembles the action from movies a lot more.
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Icemael
@Bloodgraiv3 said:
" @Icemael said:
"No. God of War wasn't great when it first appeared. Now that we have stuff like God Hand and Bayonetta, it's just laughable. "
god hand?!?! o.O "
Yes, God Hand. The best in the genre, no matter what graphics whores and people who can't stomach games without hand-holding think.
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NTM

I hated how GOW3 ended. I had an outlook from the first time I beat the first back in 05 and it just didn't come through in the end. Anyways, sure, just make a new character now. Kratos is kind of a dull character by now. I want a bit more of a sympathetic hero, who's end has a better outcome overall.
Miketakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By Miketakon

No.  God of War turned into a mess when Jaffe left.  I thought  God of War 3 was good but it fell apart at the end.   I don't see how they continue  the story without it being dumb.

zymase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22  Edited By zymase

Yes they should, and no it shouldn't have anything to do with the "story."  Does anyone pay attention to it anyways?  It would be a shame if there was no more Kratos ass whoopin' - especially because so many other games continue to mimic it.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By cornbredx

The way GoW 3 ended, if they really want to make a 4th one it better be about redemption and fixing his mistakes (which was... everything after GoW 2 really... ok so basically everything that happened in GoW 3)  because otherwise that ending is ridiculous and I can't fathom what else Kratos could destroy. Although that ending suggested somehow.. you know what I'm not even getting into... that. You know what I'm talking about. Someone else can spoil it, I don't care to. It was dumb though.

A new character would be nice. But again, because of what happened the next one would have to be about fixing things. No matter how you cut it, you cant break the world more then Kratos did. And no, that's not really a spoiler. I am being intentionally vague =P

p_p_o_d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By p_p_o_d

maybe in the next god of war you are out to kill kratos? 

dude sure did fuck alot of things up for alot of people in GOW3.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sameeeeam
@Icemael said:
" @Bloodgraiv3 said:
" @Icemael said:
god hand?!?! o.O "
Yes, God Hand. The best in the genre, no matter what graphics whores and people who can't stomach games without hand-holding think. "
Truth.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By xyzygy

No they should not because the games are just getting ridiculous. They were ridiculous from the get go but became even more so as the series went on. 

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Oldirtybearon

No more Kratos.  

Kratos went from a rage-fueled asshole hellbent on vengeance to a dark anti-hero by the third chapter. Kratos was never the hero, even an anti-hero. He was a villain, plain and simple. 

The fact that GoW3 tried to redeem his character by making him do something "good" (releasing Hope from Pandora's Box) not only flew in the face of the established character but also tried to (unsuccessfully) rewrite everything we knew about Kratos. So no, no more God of War if Kratos is the lead. 

Now a Nordic God of War... that is an enticing thought.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By iam3green

no, i don't think there should be another one. i haven't played 2 or 3 yet. i don't think there should be another one. it's just kind of weird to have another main one.

mkskillz16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By mkskillz16

I'd like to see the GOW 3 engine put to some/any use because GOW 3 looked amazing and hit that GOW itch that nothing else can do for me.  As for continuing the franchise, I like Kratos, and would really be interested to see what they do with or without him.  Basically if they can make it feel worthwhile then yes, if it sucks and cheapens the memory of the franchise then no.

skunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By skunk

More GoW is always a good thing. Whether or not it should star Kratos is obviously up for debate. Anyone that watched all the extra videos in GoW1 would know where to take the series next.

@MKSKILLZ16
said:

" I'd like to see the GOW 3 engine put to some/any use because GOW 3 looked amazing and hit that GOW itch that nothing else can do for me.  As for continuing the franchise, I like Kratos, and would really be interested to see what they do with or without him.  Basically if they can make it feel worthwhile then yes, if it sucks and cheapens the memory of the franchise then no. "

Also this. Gorgeous looking game. They definitely need to use this engine for something else. 

@KingWilly: I loved that you played the anti-hero. Mixed it up instead of always playing this generic nice guy helping everyone out. One of the best things about Kratos is he doesn't hesitate to f*** s*** up if it gets in his way. lol poor boat captain...
Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nasos100
@Icemael said:
" @Bloodgraiv3 said:
" @Icemael said:
god hand?!?! o.O "
Yes, God Hand. The best in the genre, no matter what graphics whores and people who can't stomach games without hand-holding think. "
God Hand sucks so hard it didnt even get a sequel
NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#32  Edited By NickLott

Kratos's character was fairly sympathetic in the first game but over GOW2 and 3, they just made him completely unbearable and really everything is his fault. I think if they're going to make a new one, they need to do a reboot of some sort. Maybe pick back up during the Roman empire with a different protagonist. 

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I don't think they should.
mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By mrfizzy

I don't think there is any need for another one in terms of the story. I mean i don't think there are any loose ends that really NEED to be tied up. Having said that my guess is that they totally will make another one because they like money...

Bonsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bonsai

I really think God of War is done.

also,
@Nasos100:
no.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#36  Edited By Enigma777

You can never have enough GOW. I do think it's time for a bit of a break though, especially since they released 2 GOW games in the same year. I'd love to see the talent at Santa Monica work on something else, and if the rumors are true, they are working on a new IP and at least one PSN game right now.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By c1337us

I liked all the God of War games. But I am kind of done with them now in the current format. I would be open to a new series maybe, like a parallel trilogy  with a different protagonist set in the same universe.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Icemael
@Nasos100 said:

" @Icemael said:

" @Bloodgraiv3 said:
" @Icemael said:
god hand?!?! o.O "
God Hand sucks so hard it didnt even get a sequel "
God Hand didn't get a sequel because 99% of the world's gamers are graphics whores, people who can't stomach games without hand-holding, or both. 

In other words, gamers suck so hard God Hand didn't even get a sequel. Not that it could have gotten a proper sequel anyway: after its release, the developers left Capcom to form PlatinumGames, one of the finest development studios in the industry.
iPhone_Tyler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#39  Edited By iPhone_Tyler

This was a great series but I feel it's run it's course.  I played GOW 3 but quit half way because the gameplay just wore on me -- it feels primitive, sort of "old school", and not in a good way.  Case in point the double-jumping and physics of the platforming seems really rough almost tacked-on, if they do make a sequel I truly hope they don't include anymore platforming -- or finally fix it.

zameer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40  Edited By zameer

Nope, that franchise has more or less said its piece and it's time to move on to a new IP. They probably will anyway though.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#41  Edited By Chris2KLee

I think there's room for another, but I hope they take their time and think about it. I don't want another abilitease at the start, followed by a betrayal, a trip to hell and then a final epic battle.

danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By danimal_furry

The key is to keep the series feeling fresh, and the story can't feel too forced. Perhaps they will create a game that predates these games, maby involving baby Kratos. You think regular folks go through terrible twos. Wait until the eternally pissed Kratos throws a temper tantrum.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By ch13696

Well, it's tough to say. Kratos killed Zues in the last game. He's already the "God of War". What more is there to do. I mean Sony could start a new franchise with that formula and have Kratos do a cameo.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Bwast
@Icemael said:
" God Hand didn't get a sequel because 99% of the world's gamers are graphics whores, people who can't stomach games without hand-holding, or both. 

In other words, gamers suck so hard God Hand didn't even get a sequel. Not that it could have gotten a proper sequel anyway: after its release, the developers left Capcom to form PlatinumGames, one of the finest development studios in the industry. "
This post brought to you by: Shinji Mikami.
FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FacelessVixen

I can see a God of War game happening on the NGP/PSP2 in 2012.

nywt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#46  Edited By nywt

As much as I hope that they don't make a new God of War game, basic business sense says that they will. When a franchise gets to be as big as God of War and makes as much money as it does, it would be pretty bad business for Sony to stop making those games. I would predict that we see more God of War games though they may not be made by the team at Sony Santa Monica. At the very least, it would be in Sony's best interest to let that team stretch their creative abilities and make a new game before they were to go back to the God of War franchise. I also expect that with the recent announcement of the Sony NGP, we can expect another handheld God of War, most likely developed by Ready at Dawn or Bend Game Studio (the team behind Uncharted for the NGP).

Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Tsoglani

I think the franchise needs a shot of rejuvenation, and the idea that they could span different cultures' mythologies would be nice. I like the idea of the franchise heading to the Nordic myths, the Indian myths, the Native Americans, hell, even the Egyptians. 

I wouldn't even mind a new one with Kratos, as long as the aforementioned shot in the arm switches up the gameplay, etc.

I don't see this as the end of God of War... rather the beginning.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By ProfessorEss

Indifferent.
They're great games, but there's a number of titles out there that I can get the same sorta fix from.

....I sure wouldn't miss those awful QTEs :(

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#49  Edited By JasonR86

If it involved Kratos all I would want to see would be prequels.  Even then, I think that may be pushing it.  His character is sort of played out at this point.  Plus, I'm one of those people who think that GOW3 ended perfectly.  Anything added on top of that would be a shame.

I think their could be room for a new character in that universe.  Maybe the start of a whole new group of beings that would take the place of the Gods and Titans and try to mend the destroyed Earth.