Going back to the games I missed.

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By kilzombie

Hey guys, just felt like writing a blog post, namely about something that I've been doing for the past week or so, since there aren't any games I want coming out soon, I'm going to use this "quiet" time before Killzone 2 releases to go back and play some of the games I missed, whether it be games from last generation, or simply games I didn't buy during the holiday rush of games. Since God of War III is coming out in the near future, I decided to go back and play the first two titles, as I have never played them, the only GOW game I have played was the sublimely awesome PSP game. I also got Shadow Of The Colosuss, and ICO, both being games that I never heard of at the time of their release, and I always kept hearing people rave about them(mostly SoTC), so I decided to give them a chance. Luckily my old PS2 still has some life left in it, and I should be able to play these games to completion, before I finally retire my PS2. As of today I've only played a bit of GOW, and defeated about 5 colossi, and played through about 10 minutes of ICO. GOW was just freakin awesome and bloody, SoTC has its charm, but something doesn't quite sit right with me, the controls are unusual, but the colossi are a sight to behold. I haven't played far enough of ICO to have a solid impression, but it has the same kind of charm that is in SoTC.
I also picked up AudioSurf, which I am addicted to, my favourite mode has to be "mono-pro" as it's the least disorientating and maintains a good balance of speed and difficulty, this game is like a drug, you can't not enjoy playing it, and playing a track that moves according to the song's beat is really fun. Tomorrow (21st) is my birthday! I've got plans to celebrate with my family tomorrow, we're going out to dinner. My friend is coming over on thursday, and we're going to go out too, maybe pick up Motorstorm and Saints Row 2, it's shaping up to be a fun weekend, and I can't wait!

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kilzombie

Hey guys, just felt like writing a blog post, namely about something that I've been doing for the past week or so, since there aren't any games I want coming out soon, I'm going to use this "quiet" time before Killzone 2 releases to go back and play some of the games I missed, whether it be games from last generation, or simply games I didn't buy during the holiday rush of games. Since God of War III is coming out in the near future, I decided to go back and play the first two titles, as I have never played them, the only GOW game I have played was the sublimely awesome PSP game. I also got Shadow Of The Colosuss, and ICO, both being games that I never heard of at the time of their release, and I always kept hearing people rave about them(mostly SoTC), so I decided to give them a chance. Luckily my old PS2 still has some life left in it, and I should be able to play these games to completion, before I finally retire my PS2. As of today I've only played a bit of GOW, and defeated about 5 colossi, and played through about 10 minutes of ICO. GOW was just freakin awesome and bloody, SoTC has its charm, but something doesn't quite sit right with me, the controls are unusual, but the colossi are a sight to behold. I haven't played far enough of ICO to have a solid impression, but it has the same kind of charm that is in SoTC.
I also picked up AudioSurf, which I am addicted to, my favourite mode has to be "mono-pro" as it's the least disorientating and maintains a good balance of speed and difficulty, this game is like a drug, you can't not enjoy playing it, and playing a track that moves according to the song's beat is really fun. Tomorrow (21st) is my birthday! I've got plans to celebrate with my family tomorrow, we're going out to dinner. My friend is coming over on thursday, and we're going to go out too, maybe pick up Motorstorm and Saints Row 2, it's shaping up to be a fun weekend, and I can't wait!

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Xandurson

Have fun with those games!

War77Machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By War77Machine

Yeah I heard about Shadow of the Colossus as well being a good game, but I never bothered to buy it though.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I love the original God of War. It's one of my favorites. I wasn't quite as pleased with the sequel, but it is still undeniably a good game. Shadow of the Colossus is great, and very original too. I can't think of any game I've ever played that is quite like it. Anyway, have fun, dude.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Optiow

sounds good!
You really must play god of War 1 and 2, they are like an enhanced version of the PsP version.

temperedvortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By temperedvortex

Enjoy playing those games man! Have Fun!