Going, going, gone!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Edited By Hailinel

My relationship with the Xbox 360 came to an end today.  After playing Warriors Orochi 2 only to have the game crash twice this morning, I pulled the disc out and found that the console had done a nice little number on it.

This was the last straw.

I'm actually pretty surprised that I never saw this on my console.
It should be noted that in the roughly two years that I owned my 360, I honestly never played it that much.  My PS2, Wii, and eventually my PS3 all received much more playing time.  It's unfortunate, but I chalk this up in large part to the fact that I had to send the console back to Microsoft for repairs no less than a month after I had bought it.  Even after it was returned, crashes still occurred with greater-than-acceptable frequency, and I shied away from playing games on it since I didn't really feel like losing progress because the console freaked out trying to load a cutscene or a pause menu.  It also didn't help that I had a constant fear that the RROD was just around the corner.

And to be honest, dropping the 360 is not going to make a major dent on my gaming habits.  For starters, I refused to spend an extra $90 on the wireless adapter, so I never connected it to Xbox Live.  And I really only used my 360 as a Koei hack-and-slash machine, with the majority of my game collection consisting of Dynasty Warriors: Gundam, Dynasty Warriors 6, Warriors Orochi 2, and Bladestorm.  Aside from those, the only games I had for it were Ninety-Nine Nights, which I actually bought the console to play (Yes, I'm serious.) and Eternal Sonata, which is one of my all-time favorite RPGs.  With the exception of N3 and Warriors Orochi 2, all of the above games can be found on the PS3 as well, and the PS3 also has Warriors Orochi Z, which I'm hoping will reach North America eventually.

I've already started back-filling by ordering the PS3 version of Dynasty Warriors 6 off of Amazon, and I picked up Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 when I traded the 360 in.  Once I find PS3 copies of Bladestorm and Eternal Sonata, I'll pretty much be back to where I was in my gaming, except better off.  There's honestly no reason that I needed both a PS3 and a 360, and as much of a liability as its been, the 360 had to go.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Hailinel

My relationship with the Xbox 360 came to an end today.  After playing Warriors Orochi 2 only to have the game crash twice this morning, I pulled the disc out and found that the console had done a nice little number on it.

This was the last straw.

It should be noted that in the roughly two years that I owned my 360, I honestly never played it that much.  My PS2, Wii, and eventually my PS3 all received much more playing time.  It's unfortunate, but I chalk this up in large part to the fact that I had to send the console back to Microsoft for repairs no less than a month after I had bought it.  Even after it was returned, crashes still occurred with greater-than-acceptable frequency, and I shied away from playing games on it since I didn't really feel like losing progress because the console freaked out trying to load a cutscene or a pause menu.  It also didn't help that I had a constant fear that the RROD was just around the corner.

And to be honest, dropping the 360 is not going to make a major dent on my gaming habits.  For starters, I refused to spend an extra $90 on the wireless adapter, so I never connected it to Xbox Live.  And I really only used my 360 as a Koei hack-and-slash machine, with the majority of my game collection consisting of Dynasty Warriors: Gundam, Dynasty Warriors 6, Warriors Orochi 2, and Bladestorm.  Aside from those, the only games I had for it were Ninety-Nine Nights, which I actually bought the console to play (Yes, I'm serious.) and Eternal Sonata, which is one of my all-time favorite RPGs.  With the exception of N3 and Warriors Orochi 2, all of the above games can be found on the PS3 as well, and the PS3 also has Warriors Orochi Z, which I'm hoping will reach North America eventually.

I've already started back-filling by ordering the PS3 version of Dynasty Warriors 6 off of Amazon, and I picked up Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 when I traded the 360 in.  Once I find PS3 copies of Bladestorm and Eternal Sonata, I'll pretty much be back to where I was in my gaming, except better off.  There's honestly no reason that I needed both a PS3 and a 360, and as much of a liability as its been, the 360 had to go.
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoelTGM

Yeah I don't know if I'm going to bother hanging onto my 360 either.  It's died so many times, and just last week it died again.  I'm satisfied with my PS3, and only kept my 360 around to play rock band 2 with a friend of mine.  I've got a huge wishlist of multi-platform and PS3 exclusive games I'm interested.  I just wish Sony would upgrade PSN so we could private chat and party chat, that's all I miss.

Psyx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Psyx2

This combined with RROD are the reasons I never wanted a 360. The thing has great games but that doesn't matter when the thing's breaking down all the time.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CL60
Psyx2 said:
"This combined with RROD are the reasons I never wanted a 360. The thing has great games but that doesn't matter when the thing's breaking down all the time."
Mine and my friends launch 360s have had 0 problems.

And most of the 360s problems have been worked out and have gone down drastically.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Diamond

Personally I can't imagine being without a 360 this gen.  I spend the majority of my gaming time on 360.

My launch 360 had really bad crashing problems too, always thought it was game bugs.

Eventually it died, I've never had a crashy 360 like that since.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Shadow

I have both a PS3 and a 360 and I wouldn't have it any other way.

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By halberdierv2

well, whatever works for you. i dont have any next gen console, so it's not a bother for me, but when I decide to get one, i think ill look at a PS3.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By penguindust
Shadow said:
"I have both a PS3 and a 360 and I wouldn't have it any other way."
Same here.  My 360 red-ringed twice but since the second time it's been working fine.  Honestly, at this point I have too much invested in it to give it up and there are still a whole lot of games that I want to play on it.  You need to do what serves your gaming habits best, but for me, I am still relatively happy with the system.