Going Nintendo next gen

chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chill

I've been really disappointed with Sony & Microsoft this gen, they did absolutley nothing for me. Every game on the PS3 & 360 has been disposable, while I go over to my friend's house to play something like Skyward Sword, you never want to stop playing. Anyone on board?

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Dany

Not really, I've quite liked why the 360 did to games. I think I might stick with Microsoft next gen

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By UncleDisco

Not really.. in fact I had the opposite exprecience... I brought a Wii and ended up being disappointed by it, and sold it.

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By UncleDisco

@chill: Just a matter of taste, I guess.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By strainedeyes

I'm not buying a console so I can play the only 3 good games on it, again. Fool me once, Nintendo.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@rebgav said:

@chill said:

I don't see how you can prefer a 360 or PS3 to the Wii.

I guess some people like playing more than two games per year. In HD. Online.

With normal controllers.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@chill said:

I don't see how you can prefer a 360 or PS3 to the Wii. I have spent years on Mario Kart Wii & SSBB. Not to mention months with Galaxy 1&2. And Skyward Sword I think will fill my time for more months.

I think we're being trolled, gents.

Quite well, too.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By strainedeyes

So what 360/PS3 games did you play that turned you off?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Vinny_Says

Not sure if green username is some sort of ironic statement

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@Dany said:

Not really, I've quite liked why the 360 did to games. I think I might stick with Microsoft next gen

Yup. My PC+ MS for their exclusive+ my friends PS4 unless Sony does better. Sony had a lot of awesome exclusive but they fucked up a lot with the PS3. Still don't like a lot of their system level software, their store, etc.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By BraveToaster

Are you guys seriously falling for this?

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iam3green
@Axxol said:

yes, i am. 

well i'll be going to microsoft and sony again.
Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#13  Edited By Little_Socrates

@chill: Yeah, I loved Uncharted and Mass Effect. I'll also be playing Catherine, Deadly Premonition, El Shaddai, L.A. Noire, Red Dead Redemption, Fallout 3, BioShock, the original Modern Warfare, Braid, Shadow Complex, Limbo, inFamous, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved, Super Meat Boy, Pac-Man CEDX, Rayman Origins, Saints Row The Third, the Assassin's Creed games, andaTONmore.

There are good games on the Wii too, of course, including Skyward Sword, Super Mario Galaxy (1 & 2), Metroid Prime 3, No More Heroes, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Wii Sports, Deadly Creatures, Brawl, andmore. But that's why I won't be limiting myself to a single platform ever again. If you think the games of the Xbox 360 and PS3 are all disposable, you're playing the wrong games. I can tell you like Nintendo's work more than the story-driven games of the day, and that's fine, but there's STILL plenty to play on the other consoles!

Also, to say HD means nothing and say Skyward Sword looks better than a game like Rayman Origins is a crime and a fallacy. Also, Mario Kart Wii is kind of the second worst Mario Kart ever, so there's that.

chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By chill

the worst Mario Kart's are Super Circuit (GBA) & Double Dash (Gamecube) The rest I consider to be top notch.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#15  Edited By Little_Socrates

@chill: See, I rather like Double Dash for its new tracks and visuals, but I agree the double racer aspect is not so great. As for MK Wii, it just looks downright NASTY, and the new tracks are all pretty uninteresting. Considering those are really the only two ways to judge Mario Kart against other Mario Kart, I'll leave it at that.

I'm glad we agree that Super Circuit is the worst Mario Kart, though.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#16  Edited By BeachThunder

I'm not on board, but I am on board with the sentiment that there are a lot of 'disposable' games being created :(

Also, you don't have to complain about Wii games not being in HD if you use Dolphin. You're welcome :P

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jetsetwillie

@chill said:

the worst Mario Kart's are Super Circuit (GBA) & Double Dash (Gamecube) The rest I consider to be top notch.

well thank god.

dystonym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dystonym

I'm already a Nintendo fan, owning just a Wii and a PC. I love the Wii, but that could be because I forgot I owned it until it was almost at the end of the cycle and I had an entire generation of games to choose from.

While I do plan to get a Wii-U this time around, I aslo intend to get one of the MS/Sony consoles too.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Anund

@chill said:

I got the green Halo 3 version of a 360 with modern warfare & sold it all. Just hated it. My roomate had a Wii playing Super Mario Galaxy & and I was like...now that's what I want to play.

Well, if Halo and Modern Warfare are the games you judge the HD consoles by then I am with you. If those were anywhere near the best games available I'd be with Nintendo too. The other games you mention though, Mass Effect and Uncharted, they leave Nintendo in the dust.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@Axxol said:

Not really. The thing about trolls on Giant Bomb is that they're bad at trolling.