Going Through Master Chief Collection on Normal/Easy?

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I got MCC for Christmas, and I have never beaten any of the core four (beat Reach). I always got 4-5 missions through each one before losing interest and getting to the multiplayer (played countless hours of MP). I want to see the campaigns through to the end before Guardians comes out. I don't really care about experiencing the gameplay systems or anything, as I've played enough Halo to know how the AI and dynamic combat systems work.

My question is, will I lose out on anything by playing or Normal or Easy to be able to push through all of them relatively quickly without grinding against difficult battles?

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

1-3 are very easy games on the normal setting. They changed the difficulty balance with 4 though. The best way to play these games is on heroic, which could get pretty tough in places in 4.

If it's just for the story then normal will pose no problems.

Syce300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Definitely don't go lower than normal but I sometimes I do enjoy playing on normal. On normal you can run around like a maniac punching dudes in the face and still make it through fine which I find to be a pretty fun way to play Halo. I feel like it makes more sense story wise since you feel more like an unstoppable death machine that would strike fear into the Covenant. Plus Heroic and Legendary add a ton of insta-kill snipers in a bunch of spots in 3 especially and that can get really annoying if you're not in coop and don't feel like playing super tactically.

Feathered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Feathered

I've actually never played the games on either Easy or Heroic. Easy is too easy and Heroic never made much sense to me when I could just get all the achievements with Legendary. I'd say go with Normal, and pump it up to Heroic if it's not challenging enough.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Normal is fine for what you want to accomplish.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Normal is fine for what you want to accomplish.

I love Halo a lot but the games strength is their combat systems. When you push them they get fun and interesting but on Normal you just blow through things without seeing what makes the gameplay famous. Seeing as this guy has put a lot of time into MP I think Heroic is fine until 4, when you might want to bump it down to normal.

My 2 Cents.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mbradley1992

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll put it on normal to start and if I get bored during then I'll bump it up to heroic.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

@mbradley1992: I'd highly suggest NOT playing on heroic for Halo 2. There are sequences towards the end of that game that are a bitch to get through solo and the Brutes just aren't fun to fight. I enjoyed Halo 1,3,Reach, ODST, and 4 on Normal and they are all not exceptionally hard on heroic, especially with a co-op partner. But 2 is just frustrating and not fun. I never even finished it until years after it came out. Blew through it on easy just to complete the story.

katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I play coach co-op usually play on normal but if I am playing online co-op usually play on heroic.

I am not looking for a huge challenge when I play Halo, I just want it to be like a fun interactive roller coaster ride. I don't mind dying here or there for being stupid like throwing a grenade at myself or driving a warthog off a cliff but I don't enjoy the single player combat (on foot) enough to play it on a hard difficulty.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I normally just got through on normal by myself and then save Hardcore or Legendary for co-op. Only game I've went through on Legendary solo was Reach, I think?

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Normal is fine if you wanna glide through 1-3, but 4 definitely scales harder than the first three.

But, like the other posters said, the mechanics and AI and such are why I play halo, and are what makes it great to me

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I find the games most fun on Heroic. There's tension and a sense of accomplishment but not despair and boredom, and by the time you get playing for a while you become better at headshots. Normal is a little too easy, it becomes like a blur.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I played through all of them on Normal earlier this year and I was fine, though you don't get the most out of these games unless yiu play them on Heroic or Legendary.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I started up MCC/Halo Combat Evolved on Normal and I quickly grew bored with how easy it was. I am not very good but there was little challenge from the average enemy. I dialed it up to Heroic and it's a lot more fun. There were a few areas which were difficult and required several attempts to progress, but so far most of those are manageable. I really don't like those huge guys you can only hit in the back.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By csl316

Normal is fun for what it is. I usually stick to Heroic and Legendary, but I played some levels on Normal this year and had a great time just plowing through dudes. Makes Master Chief feel like the bad ass he's made out to be.

As mentioned, don't play Halo 2 on Heroic if you want to avoid frustration. That campaign just doesn't feel great.