#1 Posted by jediknight00719 (139 posts) -

So my group of friends have been playing Borderlands 2 for PC/Mac (1 guy is on Mac another is on PC). We have been enjoying it a lot but we are close to finishing the game. I'm trying to find a good multiplayer game that can be played on both PC and Mac. Been searching through Steam but haven't found anything good. Wonder if Giantbomb community has some suggestions.

#2 Posted by lebkin (330 posts) -

Left 4 Dead is a fine place to start. Lots of replayability, especially on the PC where you have community maps. Same goes for Team Fortress 2.

Dungeon Defenders is an excellent 4-player co-op Tower Defense/Action RPG.

And there is always the classic Civilization.

#3 Posted by expensiveham (289 posts) -
#4 Posted by believer258 (11634 posts) -

Left 4 Dead. Serious Sam 3 works on Linux, does it work on Mac as well?

#5 Edited by jediknight00719 (139 posts) -

@lebkin: @expensiveham: @believer258:

We started playing together with Left 4 Dead 2, Gary's mod and Team fortress 2 before moving to Borderlands 2. So all those games are covered.

Dungeon Defenders and Serious Sam 3 are some good options though.... Thanks!

#6 Edited by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Torchlight 2 because no one said it.

#7 Posted by Kidavenger (3510 posts) -

League of Legends would be a good pick especially since you already have most of team put together.

#8 Posted by psylah (2162 posts) -

World of Warcraft

#9 Posted by Harabec (77 posts) -

League of Legends would be a good pick especially since you already have most of team put together.

I'd second league of legends. It is so much better to learn to play the game as a group then jumping in solo. Expect to see ragers and afkers, yet if you are with a group it can still be great fun.

#10 Edited by LTSmash (603 posts) -

Left 4 Dead is a classic.

#11 Edited by theoreticalpunch (7 posts) -

Awesomenauts (for 3 friends) and Guns of Icarus Online (up to 4 can man a ship) can be quite fun. They're both for PC and Mac, don't let the wiki confuse you (I played both with friends on different operating systems, while I played on Windows). Guns of Icarus Online can be a miss, though, since the community isn't that large for it, but that's probably because the game is a bit of a work in progress. Still, I've had fun whenever I played it. Either way, I think something else would be a better investment now, and wait for these games (if they look interesting to you) for when they go on sale.

#12 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5339 posts) -

Torchlight 2, Unreal Tournament, Quake 3, Diablo 2, Starcraft: Brood War; there's also ways to game the system in Dark Souls and pretend like it's a 3 player game as well (gang rape simulation)

#13 Posted by expensiveham (289 posts) -

@lebkin: @expensiveham: @believer258:

We started playing together with Left 4 Dead 2, Gary's mod and Team fortress 2 before moving to Borderlands 2. So all those games are covered.

Dungeon Defenders and Serious Sam 3 are some good options though.... Thanks!

I've heard dungeon defenders is fun but have not played it myself. Serious Sam 3 is a ton of with a friend and i can imagine it can get crazy with 4 players as the enemy numbers scale.

#14 Posted by StarvingGamer (7999 posts) -

Boot Camp

Play every game ever

#15 Edited by FLStyle (4577 posts) -

>_>

<_<

>_>

Mass Effect 3.

#16 Posted by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -

LEGO Batman 2 also on Mac.

#17 Edited by BaneFireLord (2909 posts) -

If you want to spend upwards of six hours at a time pressing "next turn" waiting for everyone to develop nukes, Civilization V's a pretty good cross-OS game.