• 97 results
#1 Edited by patrickklepek (4085 posts) -

UPDATE: Extending this through the end of the week! We'll announce a winner on Friday's show...

Bombin' in A.M. With Scoops and the Wolf will soon begin populating iTunes, which means we should probably get some artwork...before we go out lookin' for it, I wanted to give you guys the opportunity to show us what you got! We always prefer to use material generated by the community since you guys are so damn talented.

HAVE AT IT!

I'll sign this copy of Jurassic Park for Genesis (WRAPPED!!!!) for the winner.

People have asked for a deadline. Let's say Monday night?

Staff
#2 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2093 posts) -

What are the set resolutions?

#4 Posted by cky4890 (105 posts) -

Make sure you guys give us a heads up once its up on iTunes. Is it going to be premium members only?

#5 Posted by soupbones (288 posts) -

What are the set resolutions?

1400x1400 in JPEG format is what Apple recommends.

#6 Edited by von_wemberg (162 posts) -

What's the deadline?

#7 Posted by Rihanna (85 posts) -

#8 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

@cky4890 said:

Make sure you guys give us a heads up once its up on iTunes. Is it going to be premium members only?

The show today was for everyone, right? I don't see why it wouldn't be available for all users.

#9 Edited by wafflestomp (248 posts) -

I want a shirt with a drawing of a wolf's head wearing the scoops hat.

#10 Edited by graboids (210 posts) -

here is my attempt, I have a higher res version if needed....

edit: did a second version with the other name, since there seems to be some confusion.

#12 Edited by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
#13 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

If I had the art skillz, I would have drawn a wolf mask (or a very bloody beheaded wolf head) with two ice cream scoops underneath fashioned after the jolly roger, and in some Hotline Miami-esque artstyle (or not). If only I had the skillz.

#14 Edited by pyromagnestir (4291 posts) -
#15 Edited by DonMFJohnson (150 posts) -

Will there be a wolf and/or scoop themed GB t-shirt? Also, awesome art @graboids!

#16 Edited by ReCkLeSs_X (460 posts) -

@graboids said:

I laughed. I cried.

This is beautiful.

#17 Edited by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

We have a winner.

#19 Posted by spraynardtatum (2806 posts) -
#20 Edited by rmanthorp (3911 posts) -

@graboids: God damn. Keeping with the red theme as well. Incredible.

#21 Posted by jkz (4008 posts) -

@graboids said:

Fantastic Stuff dude

#22 Edited by SternOne (36 posts) -

I think this thing is over. Holy crap @graboids that is awesome. Love the Sears Tower (no I will not call it the Willis Tower) / Statue of Liberty touch.

#23 Edited by Swiket (20 posts) -
@graboids said:

The Chicago/NY backgrounds are perfect. This is awesome.

#24 Edited by mosespippy (4112 posts) -

I'm predicting that there will be 7 submissions until the first three wolf moon submission.

#25 Edited by RetroVirus (1469 posts) -

@graboids: Amazing, duder. Always loved your Talkradar fanart.

#26 Edited by Zeeco (104 posts) -

@graboids said:

THIS IS PERFECTION

#27 Edited by erp78 (15 posts) -
#28 Posted by a_randay92 (32 posts) -
#29 Edited by Nights (610 posts) -

@anwar said:

It's obviously easier and cheaper to get this for free, but can't giantbomb hire somebody to get this art done? Same thing for the youtube channel, I think the stuff from the community is great, but this is still weird to me.

How is it weird? Sure, they're getting work done for free, but they're allowing the community to be involved with the site. That's pretty awesome. Community, man!

Love graboids effort by the way.

#30 Posted by Conmused (40 posts) -

Do we have a time frame? I have an idea, but my time is basically booked up until sunday.

#31 Edited by soupbones (288 posts) -

@conmused said:

Do we have a time frame? I have an idea, but my time is basically booked up until sunday.

Same question here - want to know if I'm pulling an all nighter tonight!

#32 Edited by patrickklepek (4085 posts) -

Damn, that's good!

We won't pick a winner until next week. Let's say you have until end of Monday? We can play it by ear!

Staff
#33 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3226 posts) -

@graboids: that's really awesome. My unsolicited advice is to use two different fonts for "Scoops" and "The Wolf" to tell us more about their personalities.

#34 Edited by soupbones (288 posts) -

Here's my entry - trying to capture that early morning feel with the color palette... and with the fact that Patrick looks so god damn tired.

Let me know if you need it high res!

Edit: updated the image, just realized I had some layers turned off. >_<

Edit2: One more time - opened up the space and let the sub title breath a bit.

#35 Edited by skelington_ (292 posts) -

@soupbones said:

Here's my entry - trying to capture that early morning feel with the color palette... and with the fact that Patrick looks so god damn tired.

Edit: updated the photo, just realized I had some layers turned off. >_<

I really like the idea of sculpting the bomb mascot into a morning sun/sunrise--I think reflections of the A.M. theme in the imagery itself will be warmly welcomed. The more I look at this submission, the more I can get behind its aesthetic.

#36 Edited by TooWalrus (13159 posts) -

@graboids said:

There are both really great! I think the second one is my favorite (the bomb-as-rising-sun art is perfect for a morning show). Maybe one could be the itunes art, and the other could be the page art?

#37 Posted by ThunderSlash (1674 posts) -

@graboids said:

Oh man giving Alex those ears is hilarious.

#38 Posted by Hassun (1055 posts) -

Too fucking kawaii desu ne.

Perfect.

#39 Posted by TooWalrus (13159 posts) -

@patrickklepek: Hmm, I thought the show's title was Bomb in the A.M. or Bombin' the A.M. I'm not sure Bombin' in the A.M. rolls off the tongue quite as smoothly but hey, it's just a name.

#40 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

Edit: updated the image, just realized I had some layers turned off. >_<

Edit2: One more time - opened up the space and let the sub title breath a bit.

why's Patrick wearing a fedora?

#41 Edited by soupbones (288 posts) -

@phatmac: playing off the "scoops" name. All great detectives and news reporters wear fedoras!

#42 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Someone with more artistic talent then I, please steal this idea!

#43 Posted by myketuna (1678 posts) -

Either one of the current entries is fine by me. Both are fire.

#44 Posted by Coafi (1483 posts) -
#45 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2504 posts) -

@graboids said:

@soupbones said:

There are both really great! I think the second one is my favorite (the bomb-as-rising-sun art is perfect for a morning show). Maybe one could be the itunes art, and the other could be the page art?

Seconded.

If he has to pick one, I have no idea which is better - my personal preference goes with Soupbones's though (as I love alex just being a fucking wolf).

#46 Posted by Molenator85 (222 posts) -

@graboids: Both their eyes and the cityscapes turn this from great to extraordinary. I can't imagine something being better than this unless buzzclick pulls of a miracle.

#47 Edited by Coafi (1483 posts) -

#48 Edited by 5Figh (172 posts) -

THIS THREAD IS FULFILLING ALL OF MY WILDEST YIFF FANTASIES

#49 Posted by Nightriff (4986 posts) -

Great subs so far, also, really love the show Patrick and Alex. Biggest flaw of Bombcast is it is once a week and can't react to news that hits on a thursday or friday until the next week were it is either forgotten or rushed over. But if you continue the Monday, Friday set up like you did this past week then that solves the problem of delayed opinions from people I want to hear from. Keep up the good work you two

#50 Posted by Timing (619 posts) -

@patrickklepek: Hmm, I thought the show's title was Bomb in the A.M. or Bombin' the A.M. I'm not sure Bombin' in the A.M. rolls off the tongue quite as smoothly but hey, it's just a name.

Now I'm confused as well. The YouTube videos, site videos and podcast page all say Bombin' the A.M., while Patrick's post at the beginning of this thread calls it Bombin' in the A.M. I hope Patrick can confirm the actual name before choosing artwork that unfortunately has the wrong name on it.