Good at drawing scoops? Wolves? Help us with podcast art!

• 96 results
mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By mrfluke

some real badass designs in here

arustysumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@anwar said:

It's obviously easier and cheaper to get this for free, but can't giantbomb hire somebody to get this art done? Same thing for the youtube channel, I think the stuff from the community is great, but this is still weird to me.

I understand what you're saying because it's easy to think that artists are being taken advantage of. But I don't really think that's the case here because there's a clear reward, which is the copy of Jurassic Park and their art being the art for the podcast. It's not necessarily a bad thing to want to showcase art from the community. As long as they're not saying like, "hey guys, we want your art also we're going to use any art that the losers made too for whatever we want and you won't get anything for it."

NicksCorner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Both favorites are really awesome.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

@coafi said:

No Caption Provided

I think we have a winner!

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timing said:
@toowalrus said:

@patrickklepek: Hmm, I thought the show's title was Bomb in the A.M. or Bombin' the A.M. I'm not sure Bombin' in the A.M. rolls off the tongue quite as smoothly but hey, it's just a name.

Now I'm confused as well. The YouTube videos, site videos and podcast page all say Bombin' the A.M., while Patrick's post at the beginning of this thread calls it Bombin' in the A.M. I hope Patrick can confirm the actual name before choosing artwork that unfortunately has the wrong name on it.

It would be a shame for all these submissions to be wasted. I agree "Bombin' the A.M." sounds better and seems to be the name everywhere except for this post. Can we get confirmatoin @patrickklepek?

graboids

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@soupbones: awesome work man!

thanks to everyone else for the comments!

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By RazielCuts

Have been on holiday and haven't listened to any of the shows yet (which is probably why I don't know) but why is Alex 'the Wolf'?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@razielcuts: Because when Alex was at the GB office he sourced them for ideas on a name and Jeff kept coming back to <blank> with Scoops and the Wolf and it was very funny at the time.

soupbones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

@graboids: Thanks man. Love those wolf ears on Alex - hilarious!

@patrickklepek: Let us know about the title and if we need to make any adjustments. Personally, I love it as Bombin' in the A.M...

I have another idea for a cover - but not sure I'll be able to get around to it before Patrick calls it. Hoping he's late!

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@razielcuts: When alex was in San Francisco Jeff apparently said it as a joke "You should call the show scoops and the wolf" then alex did a wolf sound "AWOOOOOOOO" and that was that!

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

You know, I think changing the title to Bomb in the AM or Bombin' the AM rolls off the tongue a bit better. Seems a little stuttery with "Bombin' in" so I hope they do make that the official title.

soupbones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Made the title change - I just realized it's named Bombin' the A.M. in the site's navigation... so I'm assuming that's the correct title and Patrick simply made a mistake in the thread post.

Avatar image for deactivated-62a216db3532b
deactivated-62a216db3532b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about somebody makes a picture of a wolf operating a back hoe digging up some dirt.

patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

woops, yeah-- it's Bombin' the A.M. :)

great stuff so far, guys--keep going! we'll just extend this through friday's show and announce a winner then.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn those are some kick ass pieces duders. Hopefully I can get something in before the end of the week.

LoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Gave it my best shot.

Avatar image for royalewifcheese
RoyaleWifCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@soupbones: That wolf's chin beard. Holy fuck, that is brilliant. I didn't see that in the first image.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Here's my entry - trying to capture that early morning feel with the color palette... and with the fact that Patrick looks so god damn tired.

Let me know if you need it high res!

Edit: updated the image, just realized I had some layers turned off. >_<

Edit2: One more time - opened up the space and let the sub title breath a bit.

No Caption Provided

This is excellent.

ElJosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ElJosh

i like the idea of the AM being alarm clock type font as well, but i can do graphic design to save my life so ill grab my coat....

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If I wasn't so lazy I'd whip something up. There are some real winners here already, so I think it's pretty much taken care of.

I think I like @lon 's the best. What a great first post too.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By beepmachine

I didn't draw a Scoops or a Wolf, but here's my submission:

No Caption Provided

edit: I just realized we all used the same kind of sun rays.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just wanna say all these submissions are great, you are all far more talented at this stuff then I will ever be and I refuse to pick a favourite.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73  Edited By subyman

Hey guys, make free graphics for us :P

Some great submissions. Crazy how fast some of you guys can make this stuff.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those are both great submissions, would be really hard for me to pick. I love the bomb-as-sun imagery, but i also love love love the Chicago / NY backdrops for the respective duders.

And i assumed it was Bombin' the A.M. (so that it also sounds like Bomb In The A.M.) It works on two levels that way. While Scoops and the Wolf is kind of funny, i imagine it will fade over time (assuming this has staying power).

cyberfunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are all great! Hard to pick a clear winner. Just a side note: think about readability with your font size and style because usually these images get resized into 600x600 and 300x300 on itunes.

DJNeckspasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

With the quality of the previous entries I would be incredibly surprised if I actually won but I spent too much time on this to not post it.

verysexypotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djneckspasm: o man, that is easily the most broadcast radio looking one yet. great work.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By OurSin_360

@graboids said:

here is my attempt, I have a higher res version if needed....

edit: did a second version with the other name, since there seems to be some confusion.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

My favorite...

wish i had seen this, i may have thrown something together for fun, been a long time since i tried to do something like this

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#80  Edited By toowalrus

@tehbull said:

@djneckspasm: o man, that is easily the most broadcast radio looking one yet. great work.

It's good, for sure. It's not that I don't like it, but to me it's a little too "Shock Jock," which I'm not sure is ether of their styles- it's more like the kind of mood I'd imagine a Jeff & Ryan Vinny morning show would capture.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By BisonHero

Alex with wolf ears, or a wolf with Alex's chin beard? DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!

verysexypotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By verysexypotato
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Not enough toons.

I also realized that I had basically recreated the Bomberman logo in the first image. So I added a "whoops, I subconsciously plagiarized one of the best logos ever" adjustment image.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

graboids

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@verysexypotato: awesome, great work!

A lot of awesome work in this thread, GB community has so many talented/hilarious people!

soupbones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wow, there are some very talented people in this community.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@coafi said:

No Caption Provided

I dig the direction this one is going.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Holy shit these are all so good.

AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By AngriGhandi

@verysexypotato said:
No Caption Provided

Not enough toons.

I also realized that I had basically recreated the Bomberman logo in the first image. So I added a "whoops, I subconsciously plagiarized one of the best logos ever" adjustment image.

So, uhh... now that the contest is over and you might have(?) won (I wasn't very clear on who they went with in the end), I have to ask.

What the hell does it say in the background?

What little I can make out seems pretty great.

verysexypotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angrighandi: It was 6 in the morning and I thought the background was missing texture. So, listening to Kanye's '05 album Late Registration, of course it made sense to fill it with junk text that only one person would notice:

"three scoops of truth and a howl means the beasts of the a.m. are on the prowl this mess’ll take more than a towel nuthin but indie talk so dont knock it before you cock-it and sock-it to the man, unless of course you can stand the bland scantily-clad glands, secreting mind-numbing agents on your dainty man-hands. think on your own, give it a chance after you give it a glance you dont have to own everything with money borrowed from loans, just dance. live in the moment, learn something new from these agents nestling like talk of wrestling validation, vindication, synonyms just test my patience"

It only took up half the page, so I Ctrl+C'd and Ctrl+V'd that mess.

I like to rap poorly on my way to the ring Like John Cena.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

superjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic. It's amazing that Alex can review video games with his vestigial claws. And rabies.

SocietySays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angrighandi: It was 6 in the morning and I thought the background was missing texture. So, listening to Kanye's '05 album Late Registration, of course it made sense to fill it with junk text that only one person would notice:

"three scoops of truth and a howl means the beasts of the a.m. are on the prowl this mess’ll take more than a towel nuthin but indie talk so dont knock it before you cock-it and sock-it to the man, unless of course you can stand the bland scantily-clad glands, secreting mind-numbing agents on your dainty man-hands. think on your own, give it a chance after you give it a glance you dont have to own everything with money borrowed from loans, just dance. live in the moment, learn something new from these agents nestling like talk of wrestling validation, vindication, synonyms just test my patience"

It only took up half the page, so I Ctrl+C'd and Ctrl+V'd that mess.

I like to rap poorly on my way to the ring Like John Cena.

It might be because I recently watched her stand up but in my head that rap was read by Ellen DeGeneres. And it was awesome!

Hardtarget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Hardtarget

Everything in this thread is amazing

Avatar image for bombcastgoldthwait
BombcastGoldthwait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I took me a while, but you don't rush perfection.

That is Mint Chocolate Chip on the top FYI
That is Mint Chocolate Chip on the top FYI

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckybit said:

Btw, it's ok to PAY MONEY for artwork, no matter the source. CBSi is a billion dollar entity of which Giantbomb is now a part of.

Seriously, who resurrects a week old thread to bitch about Giant Bomb not monetarily compensating community artists? The guy is getting a sealed (signed?) copy of whatever Jurassic Park game. If the artists didn't feel that game was worth the effort of a couple hours of work, no one was holding a gun to their head forcing them to design podcast art.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By BisonHero

@buckybit said:

@bisonhero: to answer your question: someone, who isn't a regular on these forums anymore and didn't read the timestamp of the last entry.

Also, someone, who finds it ridiculous, how these big company employees are still nurturing their "broke slacker college high-school dropout indie" image. They monetize on the work of others (video game developers) and on the "community" (Wiki, forums, blogs, user traffic) only to still ask you for your money and drop annoying javascript hoover-over-mouse embedded ads. This is rather a topic for a private discussion - not here.

My bad.

Big company employees, in the sense that they were bought by CBSi specifically because GB runs itself as a lean site with few salaried employees, and CBSi intends to keep it that way and isn't just dumping truckloads of cash on them? It sounds like you just inexplicably hate that websites have to be a business, if you think "they monetize [video game coverage] and [site traffic] only to [also ask for subscription money]" is some sort of devastating blow you're dealing. It's possible for the site to make money and for Jeff to give a shit about the wiki, for example; they're not mutually exclusive things. If you think the whole thing is some mercenary operation and they only care about the money, then you have a delusional outlook.

It's sad that you invent so much malice in a situation where on the one side, some guys want to talk and write about video games, and on the other side some fans with artistic talent are fine with supplying them with a piece of artwork.

But hey, what do I know? I'm not an artist, and somebody like @buzz_clik has more experience with this sort of thing than I ever will (assuming I'm remembering the right user).

Ekami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mabye buckybit's parents were killed by fun and now he's vowed to be a bummer on the internet whenever he can