Good games noone played: ZombiU

Bombanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bombanana

One of the most underrated games of the last few years in my opinion. Shame it did not sell well. The game is a true gem.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

...Maybe you should elaborate a little more on why you consider it to be a 'true gem'? Anywhoo if it was available on 360/PS3, I would have gladly given it a shot.

Bombanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bombanana

The game has a great atmosphere and pacing. While the artdirection might not look very inspired at first sight the game really manages to suck you in the more you play it. It´s a survival horror game that´s very true to it´s roots. It´s not making many compromises. It´s you, trying to survive with very limited tools. The games difficulty is perfect as well. It keeps you challeneged but not frustrated. You fear your enemies the whole way through. It´s well done. The use of the gamepad makes this game very unique too and helped to really build up the tension. i think that it´s a game you can easily put aside after an hour of playtime and write it off as meh - it´s not instantly impressive. It is slow paced too, but the more you stick with it the better it becomes. It´s also a game that makes you feel like you have achieved something after finishing it. Imo it´s one of those games that you remember for a long time and to me it was a very much needed, refreshing break from playing too many triple a mainstream games with far too much handholding.

I don´t understand why it received so much negative criticism. there´s a lot to like about this one.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Best launch game since Halo.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've heard about Noone. He plays a lot of games.

I think no one played this game because it was for the wii u.

Bombanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I've heard about Noone. He plays a lot of games.

I think no one played this game because it was for the wii u.

Noone is a big fan of the WiiU!

Ruined_Fokkusu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always wanted to try the game but I never had the desire to buy a WiiU.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Steadying

Game looked clunky as hell and I heard the story was no good, so at the time I just thought " why would I buy this over these other games? " so I bought those other games instead.

The game seems to only be around 20 bucks now so maybe I'll pick it up eventually. Thanks for reminding me it existed. :P

Bombanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steadyingmeat: If you really try it out at some point you should give the game some time to let it grow on you. I was personally not instantly impressed with it when i first played it and played my other WiiU launch games much more. Then, the second time i picked it up it really clicked with me at some point and then i finished it in a few days. I was completely hooked. The story isn´t outstanding but it´s well presented. It´s certainly not getting in the way - i liked it. For a game like this i think it was a good choice to tell your story mainly through the "Prepper" and not with lots of cutscenes. The game can be clunky too, sure but the atmosphere and the tension it builds up is what keeps you hooked and in this department it really delivers in style. I believe that this game is actually some kind of love it or hate it thing...just like dark Souls for example.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welcome to the site Bobanana. Which I could play ZombiU, but hell, they only put it out on that WiiU.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tell noone I want my 2 dollars.

2 dollars

stokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

ZombiU was actually my best next gen console experience (if we're considering the Wii U to be part of next gen). Really enjoyed the game and came out really positive about the Wii U. Compare this to the PS4 launch in which I got BF4 and had my single player game wiped 5 or 6 times and could only play TDM. That really soured that whole launch. And then I purchased an Xbox One in late march because the price on the Titanfall bundle dropped to $450. Granted, I wasn't that really interested in Titanfall anyway, but I got home, downloaded it, and played like 4 matches and haven't really played much since.

Bombanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bombanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stokes: i hear you. BF4 on the PS4 was really frustrating but who knows, in a few years, maybe these issues will already be clouded by nostalgia and then create some warm, funny console launch memories :)

I am playing videogames since the 80´s - on pretty much all the systems. There have been times that i have played more and times i did not play much at all but i have always loved games. It´s actually pretty easy to get me excited about new gaming hardware. For now, i am not impressed by either the PS4 and the Xbox One. The WiiU is an enjoyable system but it´s also still lacking that spark of extra awesomeness in the hard- and software department.

CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Loading Video...

You're German, right?

Bombanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bombanana

@coinmatze: You mean, a guy who said that he plays games since the 80´s and posts a Terence Hill reference must be german? (These movies were huge in germany back in the days) Well Sir, you´d make a great detective - Spot on! :P

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christoffer: Thanks for the welcome man :P

Yeah I misspelled your name, I know. I meant Bombanana

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the most underrated games of the last few years in my opinion. Shame it did not sell well. The game is a true gem.

Another underrated game would be Metroid: Other M and NEW! Super Mario Bros. U. Both were great games but people didn't like them because of either the story, atmosphere, aesthetics, and creativity.

Bombanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bombanana

@gordanchoong:

I completely agree with that. I really liked Other M a lot. It looks gorgerous and it´s a very innovative idea, executed well. I always liked the 2D Metroids more than the Prime games and i think that M finds a pretty interesting mix. I´m not saying that the Prime games are bad but i personally hope that the next Metroid will be a 2D game again...or something in the spirit of Other M. NSMBU is actually my favourite game in the NSMB series. Still play it from time to time and can see myself playing this in 10 years still. It´s timeless Mario fun.

@christoffer: Thanks for the welcome man :P

Yeah I misspelled your name, I know. I meant Bombanana

No problem. TBH with you, i wish i could rename myself. Didn´t think that one through when i created the account a few days ago :)

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Vuud
When he's not singing chart topping pop hits, Noone loves him some ZombiU.
When he's not singing chart topping pop hits, Noone loves him some ZombiU.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I got a few hours in and it didn't really grab me. I will give it this: it is tense as hell and makes great use of the game pad to that effect. Perhaps a tad too clunky for my tastes, though if I ever regain access to a wii u I will probably give it another shot.