#1 Posted by RainVillain (480 posts) -

Looking for some good/decent/great games that have local co-op for me in my girlfriend to play. Up until recently we had only played a handful of PSN titles, but she's now getting more comfortable with "deeper" games. We are currently playing LOTR War in the North, and while it is far from fantastic, it's made her open to just about any kind of co-op game... except for first and third person shooters (which she still struggles with). We have a Wii, PS3 and 360. Here are the games we've played together: LittleBigPlanet 1/2 Pixeljunk series Trine 1/2 Castle Crashers Scott Pilgrim Lego games Mario Party/Kart/etc Kirby Epic Yarn We also have no interest in sports games. The games we have on our short list for once we beat War in the North (or if it locks up one more damn time!) are: Eternal Sonata Dungeon Siege III Tales of Graces F Final Fantasy IX

#2 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -
#3 Posted by RainVillain (480 posts) -

rayman origins is awesome but it got too hard for her :(

#4 Posted by StarvingGamer (8250 posts) -

Dynasty Warriors anything. I remember wasting entire summers with friends playing the shit out of Dynasty Warriors games.

#5 Posted by JCTango (1362 posts) -
#6 Edited by DeF (4893 posts) -

Renegade Ops

Pikmin 2

New Super Mario Bros.

Secret of Mana

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

Lord of the Rings: War in the North (recent title in the vein of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance) [edit: saw later you are playing that already]

Hunted: The Demon's Forge (except it's not a very "good" game apparently)

Tales of Symphonia supports co-op during battles, I believe

Ico unlocks a co-op mode once you beat the game if I'm not mistaken

Fable II has local co-op as well (although you can not create a second character from scratch, you have to make do with a generic preset one)

The Legend of the Mystical Ninja

#7 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

definitely super mario wii. great co-op fun. and i have to back rayman origins as well. however no non-platformers come to mind..

#8 Posted by DeF (4893 posts) -
#9 Edited by Gaff (1758 posts) -
#10 Posted by UnrealDP (1222 posts) -

One guy said Marvel Ultimate Alliance and I'd totally have to agree with that, also try Saints Row the Third. Saints Row is a ton of dumb co-op fun, but it's online only, so that might not even be a possibility. The only other two off the top of my head with local are Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise and... well.... that's about it...

#11 Posted by VanillaPlant (146 posts) -
#12 Edited by PenguinDust (12522 posts) -

Many of the Pixar games if you're up for something lighter such as Toy Story 3 and Cars 2.

#13 Posted by h0lgr (908 posts) -

All the Lego games.