#1 Edited by Angre_Leperkan439 (333 posts) -

EDIT: First video is up folks! Check it out here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP-NZyOWOjs

Hey folks. I'm planning on starting a new series on the youtube channel I share with my friends where I play random-ass games for the sake of playing them. It really has no real rhyme or reason yet, but that's something I'm working on.

These games are going to be single player experiences. Two games I've already picked out are Happy Wheels and Papers Please. I'm looking for more games along those lines I spose; kinda light experiences, something I could pop into a 20 minute video and just fuck around in.

Any good suggestions? And if anybody has any suggestions to any sort of pull I can put towards this series, I'd also appreciate that. Thanks!

#2 Posted by Nightriff (4345 posts) -
#3 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11008 posts) -

Eador Genesis is a turn-based strategy game that was made by like one dude. In Russia. If by random, you mean obscure, that's probably a decent answer. It's also $6 on GOG.

#4 Posted by Angre_Leperkan439 (333 posts) -

I should also elaborate, I'm looking for games that also happen to be free.

For the most part. I'd prefer free games. Thanks for the suggestions nonetheless, I'll check em out.

#5 Posted by Angre_Leperkan439 (333 posts) -

And if there are demos or trials for the games you're suggesting, even better!! That way I can try before buying!

#6 Posted by Demoskinos (13865 posts) -

Free games huh? Um....well there are plenty of random awful F2P games on steam you could check out.

#7 Edited by Angre_Leperkan439 (333 posts) -

.... Yea fuck it, I'll take any game suggestion.

I'd prefer either free or relatively cheap, but belt them out if you have an idea regardless. Thank you in advance again.

#8 Posted by Veektarius (4147 posts) -

The two free games I play at all right now are Warframe and Mechwarrior Online. They're both okay, the second is better.

You could also download a demo to a spiderweb software game. Wouldn't necessarily make for good video, though.

#9 Posted by Angre_Leperkan439 (333 posts) -

I have both of those games already, actually! Thanks for the suggestions!

#10 Posted by Pie (6936 posts) -

Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers. Really fun, fairly cheap and has a demo.

#11 Posted by JJOR64 (18783 posts) -

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

#12 Edited by Winternet (7936 posts) -

Dota 2 is pretty much free.

#13 Edited by Video_Game_King (34611 posts) -

LSD is an easy choice.

#14 Edited by Angre_Leperkan439 (333 posts) -

Thanks for some great suggestions guys!

I just finished up the first video, playing Happy Wheels. Next I'm playing Cart Life. Keep em coming!

#15 Edited by Sinusoidal (1154 posts) -

There are some older Indie classics that deserve some attention: Seiklus, Knytt, Karoshi (2.0 is the best version.)

#16 Posted by Fredchuckdave (4482 posts) -

FTL

#17 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (4445 posts) -

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts

#18 Posted by BeachThunder (11265 posts) -

Super Crate Box is awesome and free, mainly awesome, but definitely also free.

#19 Posted by Bollard (5026 posts) -
#20 Edited by Angre_Leperkan439 (333 posts) -
#21 Posted by audioBusting (1301 posts) -

freeindiegam.es

The first video is Happy Wheels, huh......................................

#22 Edited by Hawkaberi (1 posts) -

E-Sim is a game I have spent all my time on for quite a while. Browser based, community game that has a pretty slow start but when you get into things it is a lot of fun.

Check it out at http://primera.e-sim.org/lan.221772/ if you want to check it out.

#23 Posted by Angre_Leperkan439 (333 posts) -

@hawkaberi: I'll be sure to check it out!

@audiobusting: That's awesome! Thank you!

I also added Kerbal Space Program to my list.

I won't be doing Warframe, as I actually already recorded that game with a few friends of mine. I might do Mechwarrior Online. I might also do Warthunder.

I tried World of Goo, but the recording didn't really turn out well :/

#24 Posted by Angre_Leperkan439 (333 posts) -