Good Standalone Sea Battle games?

attishno1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Of course, naval combat has been part of many sea battle games, but what about games that are just built for naval combat. I am going to buy Rome Total War 2 just because I heard that it will have some naval combat, but I am still not satisfied.

I even heard that World of Warships is coming out, but I have a feeling that it will be arcady. Some people suggested ArchAge, which is again not a sea battle exclusive game. I wonder why developers have forgotten sea battles and naval combat experiences.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_A_Drain

For non-arcadey stuff all I can think of is Silent Hunter, the submarine simulation, and afaik the most recent one is 2010's Silent Hunter 5.

Other than that all I can think of is stuff like Battlestations: Midway and World War 2 Online, or stuff like you've mentioned, Empire Total War is I believe the first one that had significant naval combat content.

Pretty niche market I guess, even more niche than the realistic combat simulation stuff like Arma. Kinda reminds me of stuff like B17: Flying Fortress - The Mighty 8th. Must take a lot of effort to make a game like that but the market must be so so small. Shame for fans of that kinda thing.

Also, this is more than likely not even close to what you're looking for, but I never miss a chance to namedrop Overboard! for PS1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TLTvqCyYVM really fun puzzler.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Naval War: Arctic Circle is definitely about naval combat.

As is:

Loading Video...