#1 Edited by Tobiass (150 posts) -

I'm looking for a good enough TV for gaming to fit my price range,

Around 32''

Price range: 250-400 $

Something with a good refresh rate and response time...?

----------------------------------------------------_____

I've found a lot of misleding stuff and thought I might ask Giantbomb.com

What kind of set up do you have, giantbomb.com?

Any reccomendations from you, the fellow user at, giantbomb.com?

#2 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

If that's actually you in your picture, you'd make a pretty good default ME3 Femshep.

Honestly, any decent TV at that size will probably do you fine, and you won't get anything incredible. But you'll probably have less stupid lag to deal with because of less filtering on lower end TVs. Stick to a good brand and you should be plenty happy with it. Vizio is a great budget brand if you wanna get something cheaper, without sacrificing quality. That's about as much input as I have to give.

#3 Posted by jsnyder82 (726 posts) -
#4 Posted by JasonR86 (9609 posts) -

@Tobiass:

I would suggest a plasma for gaming because of the faster response times but you'll have a hard time getting one for that price. I own an older model 37 inch Vizio (model VL370M) that I bought for around $500 new. You could probably get it for really cheap now. It's full 1080p and looks really nice IF you calibrate it (if not it looks like garbage). You could probably get a newer Vizio at that size and in that price range that is pretty good too. The problem you'll have with that size and price range is that you won't get a TV with a great response time (increasing the chance for lag and motion blur) and there will always be some issue with the picture. The response time in the model I gave you is like 5-8 ms which isn't great but I have yet to see motion blur. The issue I've seen is that even with calibrating the hell out of my TV some of the colors aren't great for yellows and the blacks have a bit too much blue and grey in them. The issue is that you'll have to compromise somewhere it's just hard to say where and how much.

#5 Posted by Tobiass (150 posts) -

@jsnyder82:

Do you have that one? How's the refresh rate? is 60hz really that noticable?

#6 Posted by Tobiass (150 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

@Tobiass:

I would suggest a plasma for gaming because of the faster response times but you'll have a hard time getting one for that price. I own an older model 37 inch Vizio (model VL370M) that I bought for around $500 new. You could probably get it for really cheap now. It's full 1080p and looks really nice IF you calibrate it (if not it looks like garbage). You could probably get a newer Vizio at that size and in that price range that is pretty good too. The problem you'll have with that size and price range is that you won't get a TV with a great response time (increasing the chance for lag and motion blur) and there will always be some issue with the picture. The response time in the model I gave you is like 5-8 ms which isn't great but I have yet to see motion blur. The issue I've seen is that even with calibrating the hell out of my TV some of the colors aren't great for yellows and the blacks have a bit too much blue and grey in them. The issue is that you'll have to compromise somewhere it's just hard to say where and how much.

Yeah, I think I'll just wait it out and buy a more expensive TV, or Cyber Monday or something.

#7 Posted by MB (11988 posts) -

I've got two different Vizio TV's and I can't recommend them enough, they are excellent.

Moderator
#8 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

@MordeaniisChaos said:

If that's actually you in your picture, you'd make a pretty good default ME3 Femshep.

It's not. That's Sophia Mononoke Lily.

Anyway, I have a Magnavox HDTV that's a few years old that still works pretty well. You could look into one from them.

#9 Edited by _Chad (963 posts) -
#10 Posted by Tobiass (150 posts) -

@ChadMasterFlash:

Do you get problems with the backlighting? Has the screen gotten darker/dimmer since you bought it?

#11 Edited by HolyHackZack (105 posts) -
#12 Posted by _Chad (963 posts) -

@Tobiass: I've had zero problems with it. It's the best HDTV I've owned.

#13 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -
#14 Posted by Tobiass (150 posts) -

@jsnyder82 said:

Toshiba 32C120U

I bought this, great price. So far loving it.

#15 Posted by jsnyder82 (726 posts) -

@Tobiass said:

@jsnyder82 said:

Toshiba 32C120U

I bought this, great price. So far loving it.

Yeah sorry i didn't get back to you sooner. I got cut off from posting comments yesterday. Yeah I have it in my bedroom and I love it.