• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by mracoon (4967 posts) 9 months, 11 days ago

Poll: GotG Quarterfinals: Batman: Arkham Asylum vs. Portal 2 (960 votes)

Batman: Arkham Asylum 46%
Portal 2 54%

Main thread

Full bracket

Wayne Industries takes on Aperture Science.

Batman: Arkham Asylum (2009)

Portal 2 (2010)

Voting closes at midnight GMT / 4pm PST Tuesday.

#51 Posted by LackingSaint (1787 posts) -

PORTAL 2 YEAHHHH WEH-HEH-HEHH

Honestly they're both fucking fantastic (evident by how far they've gotten), but Portal 2 has a beautiful heart as well as a beautiful body.

#52 Posted by Gatehouse (610 posts) -

I have to be honest, the Batman games are the biggest gap in my record this generation. I’ve no idea why I’ve not played them yet, but fully intend to over the next few months. With that in mind, I have to vote for Portal 2, which I found to be charming as hell and one of the funniest games I’ve ever played. Let’s not forget that this is a game that features a giant, leopard patterned turret wearing a crown.

#53 Edited by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

I'm not in love with either of these games. I don't seem to be as enamored with Portal 2 as most others seem to be, and Arkham Asylum was cool but frustrating. I chose Batman in the end.

#54 Posted by hermes (1415 posts) -

Both great games, but Portal 2 takes the upper hand.

That ending was jaw dropping.

#55 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

I'm kinda surprised Portal 2 is taking it. I -loved- Portal 2, but I feel that when you think about the game of a generation, Portal 1 will always be remembered first for its impact. Sure, Portal 2 refines Portal 1 into a proper game but as a stand alone game, I don't think Portal 2 stands as one of the defining games of the generation.

#56 Posted by Veektarius (4772 posts) -

Strongly prefer Batman.

#57 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2483 posts) -

I firmly believe Portal 2 is one of the greatest games of this generation. Arkham Asylum can take the honor of being the best game based on a licensed IP, but Portal 2 gets my vote.

#58 Posted by Guesty_01 (340 posts) -

I don't think Batman still deserves to be here at this stage of the competition, but it takes my vote over Portal 2.

#59 Posted by Pr1mus (3873 posts) -

I didn't think Portal 2 was this strong on GB. You just never hear anybody talk about it unlike Dark Souls, Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect 2 which all have huge and vocal followings around these parts and yet it keeps on trucking to the semifinals. And it's not like it had the easiest fights up to now.

#60 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

Arkham Aslylum was, by far, more enjoyable than Portal 2.

#61 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

Batmaaaaaaaan

#62 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3228 posts) -

Hm, I'm surprised.

#63 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2216 posts) -

Batman Arkham Asylum is the only super hero game to get it right.

#64 Edited by Killerfridge (309 posts) -

I love Arkham Asylum, but Portal 2 gets my vote. For some reason when asked what game I prefer, I'll usually go with the one where the writing/story is better. Guess I'm just a sucker for that sort of thing. And combustible lemons.

#65 Posted by Abendlaender (2788 posts) -

Man, that Portal 2 movie poster just looks rad as hell

#66 Edited by ThePickle (4168 posts) -

Portal. Fucking. 2.

The fact that it made it this far is awesome.

#67 Posted by Party (82 posts) -

Guuuuuuuuh. Why are these choices so haaaaaard? I love me some Batman, but Arkham City made so many great improvements on both the story and gameplay front... Yeah, yeah, I know Arkham Asylum was first and therefore more original and helped revolutionize the brawler genre blah blah... I just think of which one is the better game at this point.

But in the end, I went with Portal 2. No game has ever made me laugh like that one did.

#68 Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

Every game I voted for in the quarterfinals is losing :(

#69 Posted by mracoon (4967 posts) -

GLaDOS is laughing with glee as Portal 2 wins with 54% of the vote and 949 votes cast.