• 136 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by mracoon (5097 posts) 2 years, 5 months ago
#101 Edited by Gatehouse (910 posts) -

@towersixteen said:

@selfconfessedcynic: Fairly curious about that myself. Then I asked myself "What would this poll look like if it was ME2 vs. TLOU" and realized Skyrim's probably gonna get crushed.

Yup. At this stage I think the preordained final matchup of ME2 vs Dark Souls is almost a certainty.

Solus Vs Solaire is going to be a heck of a fight.

#102 Edited by Krockett (514 posts) -

@video_game_king: With you man....The Last of Us is a terribly overrated Game...in my OPINION. Go Skyrim WOOT

#103 Posted by Video_Game_King (36565 posts) -

The Last of Us is a terribly overrated Game

I don't believe I've ever said that.

#104 Posted by Darji (5412 posts) -

This is really really terrible. I like Skyrim but how can it beat The Last of US?.....

#105 Posted by YI_Orange (1278 posts) -

I don't get the Skyrim love. But I also don't get the Fallout 3 love, so I don't know. I played a large amount of both of those games, but I don't look back at them with much fondness. A lot of the quests feel like busywork and there's a lot of systems I think are just bad. They tried some cool things in Skyrim, but I think the combat is bad still. I guess I was just never that enamored by the worlds.

#106 Posted by audioBusting (2118 posts) -

Somewhat fitting for what's been called the "Citizen Kane of video games", now that I think about it.

#107 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (2354 posts) -

Well, the better game is going to lose because it's only on a single console against a game that was on both plus PC. Both these games are in my personal top 10, so I guess Skyrim's not the worst game for The Last of Us to lose to.

#108 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1766 posts) -

I don't understand anyone who says the gameplay of TLoU is bad or weak or not fun.

It's certainly more interesting than mashing a button to swing a sword, I'll tell you that much. Skyrim has bored me to death every time I've tried to get into playing it.

#109 Edited by Lydian_Sel (2528 posts) -

Gotta give it to Skyrim, but only because my ps3 doesn't live with me at my apartment so I never got to play The Last of Us.

#110 Posted by thefeta (41 posts) -

Skyrim for the win.

#111 Edited by xyzygy (10596 posts) -

If i played TLOU I would vote for it. Skyrim was... not good IMO.

#112 Posted by Bollard (7137 posts) -

COD4 is out, fuck all of you guys.

#113 Posted by Stonyman65 (3419 posts) -

Skyrim is an ocean with the depth of a puddle. Never liked it.

Thats the best analogy for Skyrim I've ever heard. Same goes for Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
Don't get me wrong, I like them all, but the whole time I was just sitting there like "This is it? Really?" They could have done so much more if they had been bothered to, but they blew it. It's just 100+ hours of the exact same quests over and over again with a slight story variations. I usually get bored halfway through.

#114 Posted by Darji (5412 posts) -

@viciousbearmauling said:

Thats the best analogy for Skyrim I've ever heard. Same goes for Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Don't get me wrong, I like them all, but the whole time I was just sitting there like "This is it? Really?" They could have done so much more if they had been bothered to, but they blew it. It's just 100+ hours of the exact same quests over and over again with a slight story variations. I usually get bored halfway through.

These games only get good with mods. I never understand people who just play the vanilla game...

#115 Posted by chilibean_3 (2041 posts) -

Finally.

#116 Edited by LackingSaint (2116 posts) -

@viciousbearmauling said:

I think it's totally unfair to lump New Vegas in with those other two. New Vegas has a fantastic story and a huge amount of genuinely interesting quests, locations and characters. It's also a completely different developer, just being published by Bethesda unlike Skyrim and F3.

#117 Posted by GERALTITUDE (5299 posts) -

For the king! for the king! for the kingdom of kings!

or something like that

#118 Posted by Fitzgerald (505 posts) -

Honestly, I think Last of Us is the better game... but I voted Skyrim JUST so I can see it handily lose to Dark Souls later on.

#119 Posted by vaiz (3054 posts) -

It's Skyrim, dawg, you can't step to that.

If this somehow boils down to Skyrim vs Dark Souls, I'm gonna step away from the keyboard and let y'all do what you gotta do, cause I will have won either way.

#120 Edited by awesomeusername (4575 posts) -

I'm done with you all.

#121 Posted by mrfluke (5798 posts) -

has to be skyrim, skyrim has set a template that more games this new gen are going to go after.

#122 Edited by Little_Socrates (5841 posts) -

Skyrim's taking this half of the bracket, y'all.

Like it or not.

#123 Edited by Mezmero (2801 posts) -

I voted Last of Us but I'm perfectly fine with Skyrim winning. I still think storytelling was the most improved part of games this generation and most of Skyrim's story sort of falls flat by comparison. Love both of these games and could see either one moving on.

#124 Edited by CptBedlam (4506 posts) -

@mrfluke said:

has to be skyrim, skyrim has set a template that more games this new gen are going to go after.

I don't think having a big open world just for the sake of having a big open world, with it being filled with largely uninteresting stuff, will be the template that games are going to go after. Quite frankly, we already had that since Daggerfall, only now everything looks better.

Advancing the narrative potential of videogames seems like a much bigger trend.

#125 Posted by RonGalaxy (4204 posts) -

There was never any way an exclusive game would take it. At least it made it this far

#126 Posted by Starkeh (19 posts) -

Easy choice. I did not have a good experience with Skyrim, especially with its combat. Things got repetitive very quickly. The Last of Us for me.

#127 Posted by Killerfridge (325 posts) -

Damnit. The first time I played The Last of Us, I played it for about 6 hours, then went to bed, then as soon as I was in bed I was thinking about how I wanted to play it right that second. No other game has ever done that to me.

#128 Edited by Chaser324 (7747 posts) -

Damn tough choice. As much as I loved The Last of Us, I spent far too much time playing Skyrim to not vote for it.

#129 Posted by Abendlaender (3048 posts) -

I have spent over 100 hours playing Skyrim so I guess I really like the game. So I guess I vote for Skyrim (having never playing Last of Us also helps).

#130 Edited by Party (137 posts) -

Skyrim sucked me in and stole 110 hours of my life. I played that game so freaking much that I burnt out on it by the end. Even if I didn't see every single piece of content, I felt I had accomplished most of what there was to do in that world and though my time in Skyrim was fun I never felt the same need to completely lose myself in the game world like I did with my first few weeks with the game.

The Last of Us made me put the controller down multiple times. Not because I was tired or bored or done with it, but because I needed time to process what was happening. The storytelling, writing, and acting is damn near perfect and I love how that game has the balls to go to some uncomfortable places without feeling the need to flaunt its radicalism.

I had to go with The Last of Us. I won't be bummed if Skyrim takes it though.

#131 Posted by Pie (7276 posts) -

Might be harder if this was between the last of us and oblivion

#132 Posted by MormonWarrior (2903 posts) -

They are hardly comparable games, but I definitely enjoyed Skyrim a lot more than The Last of Us. Bums me out that I didn't like TLOU more.

#133 Posted by TooWalrus (13369 posts) -

Skyrim just didn't click with me. I wanted to love it, I really did.

#134 Edited by DarthOrange (4173 posts) -

Okay, so just out of interest, what part of Last of Us makes people consider it to be so amazing? I'm genuinely asking, because I've only seen the QL, which didn't exactly make the game seem exceptional...

The multiplayer is really really good. I don't think The Last of Us deserves GotG but Skyrim is all sorts of terrible.

#135 Edited by Nictel (2691 posts) -

Going for the Last of Us, because where for me the Last of Us ended the (PS3) generation (sure new games will come out P5? but it is the last big AAA before the new generation). Skyrim, while amazing is the number 5 in the series, it's Oblivion 2.0.

#136 Posted by mracoon (5097 posts) -

This is the last time we'll be seeing The Last of Us as Skyrim wins with 59% of the vote and 1068 votes cast.