GotG Round 1: BioShock Infinite vs. Borderlands

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

Poll GotG Round 1: BioShock Infinite vs. Borderlands (759 votes)

BioShock Infinite 65%
Borderlands 35%

Main thread

Full bracket

Infinite BioShock's or (slightly less than) infinite guns, you decide which you prefer.

BioShock Infinite (2013)

What the community has to say:

Overall I would absolutely recommend this game to anyone for who is a fan of shooters or good stories. If you don't like shooters very much, put it on easy, and punch everything to death. One way or another, everyone needs to see this story and enjoy this experience.

From user review by @irnoebot

Borderlands (2009)

What the community has to say:

In the end though, Borderlands is still a blast to play even with its problems. The action just rarely slows down, and does a great job at constantly moving from one loot filled encounter to the next. It's especially great when played with friends, and if you've got at least one other person with whom you can explore Pandora, then I give Borderlands a hearty recommendation. In fact, it's still worth a look even if you don't.

From user review by @majormitch

Voting closes at midnight GMT / 4pm PST Sunday.

• 
Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Holy fuck, you motherfuckers. Now here's a choice. This shit is going to be like choosing one of your own children, isn't it? And it's only gunna get worse!

Now, that really should have been borderlands 2 up there. So, I'll go for Infinate.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

While Infinite has some pretty large flaws, Borderlands is a bad Serious Sam clone. I really tried with Borderlands, started the game three times, but I just can never see the point to the game. I guess I just don't like loot games.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I would say more care went into the creation of Bioshock: Infinite and that it had a more lasting effect on me than Borderlands. Both are fine games in their own right.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don't even know why I voted, I don't like either of these games.

mclargepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Infinite is a great game, but I didn't want more than one game from a franchise in the bracket, so I voted for Borderlands, which I never played. For those saying Infinite is different enough from the original are CRAZY. The combat is the same, the story is similar in tone and they have the same title and creator.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the first Bioshock wins over Borderlands I would be happy voting Borderlands on this. If not I'd have to go for Infinite. Borderlands was a great concept but man it was hella boring towards the end, and that end boss fight, woof!

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Borderlands has a better story.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I would take almost anything over Borderlands, that game was so boring.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

These games are both excellent, but for different reasons. Personally, I'll take the simply unforgettable world, narrative, and experience of BioShock Infinite over the better shooting and insane amounts of loot in Borderlands. Which is unusual, because I think in a lot of situations I've voted for mechanics over narrative. But Infinite is something else.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Coafi

Infinite. Borderlands was pretty barren, I got so bored with it, I can't remember if there was a story at all.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it was Borderlands vs Bioshock 1, I'd have to go with Bioshock. However, I don't think that Infinite is a more important game than Borderlands.

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played Borderlands 1 two and half times. I even prefer it to the second one. The Bioshock games just don't do it for me.

theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By theanticitizen

BioShock for me. Borderlands was a great idea but it never grabbed me.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Both terrible games...

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By jadegl

If it was Bioshock vs Borderlands, I would say Bioshock. Since it's Borderlands vs Infinite, I think I have to go with Borderlands. I just have so many awesome memories of playing Borderlands, leveling up my Siren, and teaming with my husband that I can't just ignore all the good stuff it did, even if it was a little rough around the edges. Infinite had a great story and fun gameplay, but it merely iterated on what had come before in Bioshock, and I feel like Borderlands really innovated, even if it wasn't 100% successful.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Borderlands, no contest. BioShock Infinite isn't even the best BioShock game, but even then I'd say I have so much more fondness associated with Borderlands overall than I do any of the BioShocks.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Bioshock Infinite, to me, is WAY better than the first game. Very good.

Killerfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Killerfridge

Bioshock Infinite. Borderlands always felt super boring and empty to me, even with co-op partners.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Bioshock Infinite is a pretty great game, but Borderlands is a lot more bang for your buck and a fantastic experience to boot. I care more about a fourth of the characters in Borderlands than all of the characters in Bioshock Infinite.

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I just crazy or was Borderlands only 40 bucks when it came out? Because you should also take that into account if it's true.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've played both and both are pretty fantastic, but Bioshock Infinite is on another level.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And again, why is Bioshock AND Bioshock infinite both in the running when you said no two games from the same series? Not that it matters cause I still had way more fun with Borderlands and I am voting for it despite knowing it has no chance.

PulledaBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this was Bioshock vs Borderlands Id be ok with the voting so far. But its not and you are all terrible people.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easy: Borderlands.

Though I don't see why it's Borderlands 1 vs BioShock Infinite and not the original BioShock. Borderlands 2 should be in this pairing which would make it even more obvious. Infinite was a big letdown for me on many levels.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinite.

Borderlands is a piece of shit with one of the worst loot systems in any game (not as bad as diablo 3 though)

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I would have played Infinite so I can participate in this. Absolutely loved everything about Borderlands though. But since I haven't played both I'm not going to vote.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Why is Borderlands in instead of Borderlands 2? I beat both, but Borderlands 2 is the only one I beat over 7 time across several characters and difficulties including the DLC. Gotta go with Infinite.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I love the Bioshock games quite a bit I have to give the nod to Borderlands here. I spent well over 60 hours in total with the first Borderlands and I enjoyed the majority of it. Even though I played most of it solo.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

BioShock Infinite pushes aside the competition with 65% of the vote and 729 votes cast.