This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by mracoon (4967 posts) 9 months, 17 days ago

Poll: GotG Round 2: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood vs. Halo 3 (711 votes)

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood 64%
Halo 3 37%

Main thread

Full bracket

Can Ezio pull of a stealth kill or is Mater Chief ready and waiting with a Gravity Hammer.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (2010)

Halo 3 (2007)

Voting closes at midnight GMT / 4am PST Saturday.

#1 Posted by Vanick (329 posts) -

I went with Brotherhood which is my second favorite AC game. I enjoyed Halo 3 but it's not even in my top 3 Halo games.

#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13178 posts) -

Halo 3 is pretty great but god damn did I love Brotherhood.

#3 Posted by big_jon (5723 posts) -

Halo 3 is just too important to this generation.

#4 Posted by CaLe (3964 posts) -

I finished Halo 3 and couldn't tell you a single thing that happened in it. They all just blend together for me. I only remember that I enjoyed Brotherhood, whereas I tolerated Halo.

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Good to see that the community's making the right decision.

#6 Edited by Tennmuerti (8073 posts) -

Brotherhood introduced some the most interesting and innovative multiplayer this generation, and it fucking worked and it was AWESOME!

#7 Edited by BIGJEFFREY (4984 posts) -

I puked coming in here.

#8 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

Halo 3, but they are wildly different games. The amount of fun I've had with Halo 3 over the years can't even compare to Brotherhood, albeit my favorite Assassin's Creed game thus far.

#9 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2365 posts) -

I'm surprised Brotherhood made it this far. Don't get me wrong the game was okay but the only thing it did was prove Assassin's Creed can have multiplayer. Pretty much Assassin's Creed 2.25 otherwise.

#10 Posted by BaconGames (3371 posts) -

@turtlebird95 said:

I'm surprised Brotherhood made it this far. Don't get me wrong the game was okay but the only thing it did was prove Assassin's Creed can have multiplayer. Pretty much Assassin's Creed 2.25 otherwise.

That's where I stand on it more or less.

#11 Posted by Nasar7 (2626 posts) -

Halo 3, easily.

#12 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Halo 3.

Brotherhood is just another AC game. Halo 3 is pretty important, but I guess that's not what this shitty thing is about though is it.

#13 Posted by Three0neFive (2292 posts) -

@canteu said:

Halo 3.

Brotherhood is just another AC game. Halo 3 is pretty important, but I guess that's not what this shitty thing is about though is it.

Yep.

Years from now when I look back on the 360, my first thought won't be of Assassin's fucking Creed. It'll be of the slow, gradual downward spiral the system took as Microsoft desperately tried to latch onto multimedia features to extend its already-too-long lifespan, and how the system finished its life as a shell of its former self.

Then, my second thought'll probably be about how much goddamned fun I had with Halo 3.

#14 Edited by HH (609 posts) -

all props to Halo's jump-shoot-grenade, as i call it,

assassin's creed has nothing like it at it's core

#15 Posted by slyspider (1211 posts) -

Damn this one is hard. Only reason Halo 3 takes it for me is the Co-op aspect. Had a ton of fun on legendary

#16 Posted by ILikePopCans (749 posts) -

I'm insulted that you would say Master Chief's weapon of choice is the Gravity Hammer.

#17 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

We wouldn't be where we are without Halo. Can't say the same for Assassin's Creed.

#18 Posted by jakob187 (21665 posts) -

I went with Brotherhood. Why? It showed how to make small-scale open-world games, and by the time the slow burn that was the first six hours of that game is done, it's a hell of a ride. Halo 3 is my overall LEAST favorite of all the Halo games, and in all honesty, Halo 2 was the most important piece of that franchise.

#19 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

I dunno man that cortana level... yeah I really like Halo but Reach should be the one competing it's still the best Halo game, 3 was pretty underwhelming.

#20 Posted by Sweetz (509 posts) -

It's still a mistake that Brotherhood won the preliminaries over AC2. Brotherhood did iterate on the formula and make an even better playing game, but AC2 was the far more memorable, important, and pivotal title. It took a flawed game with promise (AC1) and made the leap to being a fantastic game. Everything after that is far more minor iterations and improvements on the formula.

Even if they liked playing it more, Brotherhood will still just be an AC2 expansion pack in most people's minds. It's certainly not what I think of as the defining title of the series that should be representing it in this competition. That said, rankings like these are utterly pointless as anything but a fun distraction - not complaining, just telling my own self that I shouldn't worry about taking it seriously.

#21 Posted by mrfluke (5131 posts) -

god, i cringe everytime i see one of these polls,

the finals are going to be intense.

#22 Posted by HatKing (5896 posts) -

Brotherhood is the best entry in a really prolific, yet totally mediocre series. Halo 3 is the best entry in a really prolific, and mostly great franchise. Do the math on that one. Halo 3.

#23 Posted by mems1224 (209 posts) -

Halo 3 has one of the best campaigns in any FPS. AssCreed Brotherhood is the best game in a mostly mediocre franchise. Ill take Halo.

#24 Posted by Castiel (2580 posts) -

Brotherhood.

It's fun to see all the people butthurt by this.

#25 Posted by Nightriff (5027 posts) -

Halo 3 even thought neither of these games should be discussed in this conversation.

#26 Edited by super2j (1668 posts) -

Brotherhood!!! EEEKKAAAAAYYYY!!!!

#27 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5438 posts) -

I like both a fair bit, but Brotherhood is the easy choice for me. I had so much more fun and spent much more time with it. I think Halo 3 holds it's own, but when I look back Brotherhood just seems a more attractive choice all around.

#28 Posted by McGray90 (55 posts) -

Features of Halo 3 paved the way for so much this generation....

#29 Edited by charlie_victor_bravo (999 posts) -

Seriously? First Bayonetta and now Halo 3? Did anyone even touch Brotherhood after completing it?

#30 Posted by crithon (3138 posts) -

I would pay good money if they remade AC2 and Brotherhood on the AC4 engine.

#31 Posted by CaLe (3964 posts) -

@charlie_victor_bravo said:

Seriously? First Bayonetta and now Halo 3? Did anyone even touch Brotherhood after completing it?

Re-playability is of zero importance to the very many people who just want to play a game and move on to the next. It could even be argued that a game with high re-playability suffers as a result of being designed in such a way to accommodate it.

#32 Posted by triviaman09 (801 posts) -

Brotherhood is an achievement in open-world video games. Halo 3 is not even the best Halo game.

#33 Posted by me3639 (1753 posts) -

For Ryan.

#34 Posted by TheHT (11155 posts) -

You can walk up to dudes, whistle, and make death rain upon them as you casually walk through the chaos.

If only they kept the balance of stealth vs action from AC1 in that series. It's the only one that felt like you were a single person entrenched in a dangerous world. The combat was tense and the assasinations required some care. AC2 onwards was just "run here, kill everything, run there, kill everything".

#35 Posted by big_jon (5723 posts) -

Why is assassins creed beating one of the most influential games of this generation?

#36 Posted by CaLe (3964 posts) -

@big_jon said:

Why is assassins creed beating one of the most influential games of this generation?

Because people are voting for which game they enjoyed more, not which game was most influential.

#37 Posted by Hailinel (24423 posts) -

@big_jon said:

In what ways was Halo 3 influential? Call of Duty seems to have been the bigger guiding force in the direction of FPS titles this generation.

#38 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

Assassin's Creed is so evil. Taking down quality games left and right.

#39 Posted by Box3ru13 (703 posts) -

Halo 3 isn't even the best Halo game overall (CE) or best 360 Halo (Reach). That being said its a very important title and was still pretty fun, had a good soundtrack, and actually wrapped up the trilogy in a semi-satisfying way (Spark or no Spark).

But AC:B made a SP game have MP where it had no business being, and pulled it off. While I didn't play a ton of said MP the fact that it worked at all is a good accomplishment. It also has one of the best campaigns in an AC game and the most compelling characters/setting to still be featured in a AC game. Also feel the setting was the best the series has offered.

Toss up here. Going AC:B for the mostly personal reasons. Both are good choices, but one has to lose.

#40 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

Figures...

#41 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Man, these games aren't even remotely comparable O_O

Still though, Brotherhood was great but it wasn't my favourite Assassins Creed and Halo 3 by far was the most balanced of the Halo's. Great end to the trilogy, four-player co-op was HUGE and the multiplayer built upon everything Halo 2 revolutionized on the original Xbox and pushed it even further. It's hard to argue the merits of Halo 3.

#42 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19330 posts) -

I had way more fun with Brotherhood than I did Halo 3.

#43 Posted by Verendus (348 posts) -

I am shocked to see Halo 3 getting beat by Brotherhood. ACB was the last AC game I bothered to play, I had enough of the same crap over and over again.

Halo 3 was best Halo game of this generation (one could argue this didn't require much since Reach and 4 were so shitty) and in my top 3 games of top 3 this gen. Countless of hours spent in multiplayer and never got bored.

#44 Edited by TheVeteran13 (1204 posts) -

Halo 3, I didn't finish Brotherhood because it looked like this

What is this light bloom bullshit that would never go away?

#45 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2217 posts) -

I really liked Brotherhood and calling assassins from haystacks to kill never got dull.

#46 Posted by sephirm87 (235 posts) -

Doesn't really matter. Either will lose to Mass Effect 2 next round.

#47 Posted by mracoon (4967 posts) -

Brotherhood sticks its hidden blades into its opponents back and wins with 64% of the vote and 704 votes cast.