• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by mracoon (4954 posts) 8 months, 10 days ago

Poll: GotG Round 2: BioShock vs. Bastion (751 votes)

BioShock 62%
Bastion 38%

Main thread

Full bracket

Two games where people talk to you a lot. And they both begin with B. I don't know if that will have any impact on how you vote, though.

BioShock (2007)

Bastion (2011)

#51 Posted by Ferros (220 posts) -

I literally said "motherfucker" when I saw these two against each other. I know it can't win but Bastion was amazing and the twist and ending easily make it better than the weak last third of Bioshock.

#52 Posted by Gatehouse (581 posts) -

I'm not ashamed to say that Bastion had me claiming “I've just got something in my eye!”. I really like Bioshock, but Bastion is a game I will never stop recommending to people.

#53 Edited by hermes (1376 posts) -

No hurt feelings, Bioshock. I will just leave this here:

#54 Posted by SarcasticMudcrab (146 posts) -

I had a hell of a lot more fun with the combat in bioshock. Other than the narration I really don't get why Bastian is regarded as being so awesome, its like.....ok...I guess. Having said that I accidentally voted for it.

#55 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5239 posts) -

The hard choices are finally rearing their ugly heads. Tough choice, as I adore both games, but I went with Bastion.

#56 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I liked Bioshock. I loved Bastion.

#57 Posted by Immortal_Guy (108 posts) -

Bioshock was really fun and all - but as many on this thread have said, the story wasn't as great as it was cracked up to be. Bastion, on the other hand, is one of the best games I've ever played. And man, that ending...

#58 Edited by Vanick (318 posts) -

Two of my favorite games of this generation. I'm sorry Bastion I love you but I have to give this one to Bioshock.

#59 Posted by Krataur (344 posts) -

I liked Bioshock. I really liked Bastion.

#60 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Ugh, I feel so bad for Bastion because I know it won't win but it deserves to go further. Alongside Braid and Limbo, one of the best indie titles I've ever played. Bioshock is just too brilliant though.

#61 Edited by dr_mantas (1798 posts) -

Damn... I enjoyed Bastion more than anything this gen. This kinda sucks.

#62 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

REAL TOUGH.

(not really, gotta vote for Atlas.)

#63 Posted by Yummylee (21266 posts) -

@peezmachine said:

Bastion by a trillion miles. It's the only thing that I can recommend to everyone. Got that young universal appeal, son.

I actually really disliked Bastion. Well, to be more accurate, I liked everything about Bastion except the game.

Not the biggest fan, either. The narrator is fantastic, as is the music, but nothing else was doing it for me.

#64 Posted by mracoon (4954 posts) -

BioShock continues to get a rapturous reception from the community and wins with 63% of the vote and 733 votes cast.

Moderator Online