• 46 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by mracoon (4966 posts) 9 months, 4 days ago
#1 Posted by Pie (7073 posts) -

Not a fan of either so poop noises

#2 Edited by Castiel (2557 posts) -

I think they are both slightly overrated to be honest, well atleast The Third gets praised like it's the holy grail on this site and I don't really agree with that, but I did enjoy them both. TWD is unsurprisingly a little uneven, it topped at episode 2, and Clementine could get a little annoying at times.

In the end I chose TWD.

#3 Posted by csl316 (8349 posts) -

Saints Row was just so much fun. So much memorable stuff and some of the best random moments since I played GTA III.

Walking Dead was great, but I beat it in two days when I had the flu so I wasn't capable of feeling much at the time.

Also, 6,000th post, woo.

#4 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Saints Row was ridiculous fun but aside from the main story and some side activities, the world felt and looked really bland and boring. The Walking Dead, while short, is one of the most impactful and emotional experiences I've had with a video game. It just blew away my expectations.

#5 Posted by DonutFever (3550 posts) -

This was tough. I really loved Saints Row: The Third, a lot, but Walking Dead is more innovative. There's no game that plays quite like it, Saints Row is pretty much your average free roam game in terms of gameplay. I think I'd be more likely to vote for Saints Row IV, it's the best platforming-based open world game I've ever played.

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Damn it. I still need to play Saints Row The Third.

#7 Edited by DarkShaper (1323 posts) -

Zombies get under my skin so much that I can't get anywhere near a serious story about them. SR3 gets my vote by default.

#8 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

The Walking Dead changed my life in how I look and play video games.

#9 Posted by Pr1mus (3855 posts) -

A good open world game vs the worst game i ever bothered completing.

#10 Posted by Hailinel (24272 posts) -

I feel that The Walking Dead is overrated and fairly predictable. Saints Row: The Third is one of my favorite experiences of this past generation. Easy choice.

#11 Edited by TheHT (11090 posts) -

Saints Row was hilarious, but so many moments from The Walking Dead rocked me.

#12 Posted by triviaman09 (797 posts) -

The Walking Dead isn't the easy choice, but it's the right choice.

#13 Posted by Guesty_01 (339 posts) -

The Walking Dead all the way baby. I loved how that game made me feel and think.

#14 Posted by Yummylee (21467 posts) -

TWD, easily.

@deranged said:

Saints Row was ridiculous fun but aside from the main story and some side activities, the world felt and looked really bland and boring. The Walking Dead, while short, is one of the most impactful and emotional experiences I've had with a video game. It just blew away my expectations.

Short? With each episode compiled together it was probably around 8-10 hours long, which given the overall asking price, was a lot lengthier than I was expecting.

#15 Posted by Cybertification (198 posts) -

Why do people love saints row 3 so much? It just felt like another open world city game, and I've only played like 3 of those. Sure, it had some personality, and I've played it for like 30 hours but I just think it's like quite a few games with too big scope, does a lot of things, but does none of them well.

#16 Edited by CaLe (3944 posts) -

Saints Row 3 was a lot better than 4, but neither of them made me laugh like The Walking Dead did. That backyard burial scene cracks me up every time.

#17 Edited by Kidavenger (3527 posts) -

This is the hardest one to pick out of all the polls so far, I'm not even going to say which I chose.

another f'd up poll though, these should be pull on hold until things get straightened out.

#18 Posted by Lyisa (340 posts) -

Why do people love saints row 3 so much? It just felt like another open world city game, and I've only played like 3 of those. Sure, it had some personality, and I've played it for like 30 hours but I just think it's like quite a few games with too big scope, does a lot of things, but does none of them well.

The absurdity of a lot of the situations and a rather excessive list of memorable moments. Its a game that would almost benefit from removal of its open world if not for the fact that some of the mission rewards makes the open world stuff kind of awesome.

But don't mistake any of its praise as praise for anything its open world does. Its purely based on the contents of its missions.

#19 Posted by AndrewB (7565 posts) -

Saints Row is a terrible game outside of the main story missions, but every one of those made me laugh my ass off, even with a type of humor I don't usually go for. The Walking Dead is a pedestal for video game storytelling, even if it falls short of the promise of truly branching decisions.

Tough, but TWD wins. I actually think Saints Row 4 would have more of a chance of winning, but it would still lose out.

#20 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

So glad Saint's Row is going down.

#21 Posted by Roboculus92 (494 posts) -

This is an easy choice. Saints Row 3 was an ok game with a vast majority of its missions that suck and a boring environment. The Walking Dead (while it certainly had a number of gameplay issues and bugs) did a very good job of crafting its story and characters and was overall a much more consistently enjoyable experience.

#22 Posted by Demoskinos (14722 posts) -

Ryan already stabbed Saints Row in the back once I can't bare to see It be betrayed yet again. You guys are awful.

#23 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

Saints Row is fun to play and has a fantastic story, walking dead has a fantastic story and...

#24 Posted by Vanick (325 posts) -

I loved The Walking Dead and while I enjoyed Saint's Row: The Third I didn't think it was as great as everyone else thought it was.

#25 Posted by LackingSaint (1782 posts) -

Loved Saint's Row The Third but good lord, The Walking Dead has to take this. Saint's Row is just an open-world game done well, TWD introduced an episodic choice-based adventure game format that i'm really excited to see the future of.

#26 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11587 posts) -

It's a philosophical difference for me. The Walking Dead is a pretty great story that retains a bare semblance of interactivity, like a choose your own adventure book. Saints Row: The Third is a video game-ass video game.

#27 Edited by Deranged (1837 posts) -

@yummylee said:

TWD, easily.

@deranged said:

Short? With each episode compiled together it was probably around 8-10 hours long, which given the overall asking price, was a lot lengthier than I was expecting.

I was referring to each episode, not the entire "season". Sorry, should've been more clear.

#28 Edited by magicwalnuts (86 posts) -

Sorry Saints Row, I love you so much, but I gotta go with Walking Dead here.

#29 Posted by RecSpec (3798 posts) -

The Walking Dead was a much much better Heavy Rain. Saints Row 3 made me care about a genre I hate. Sorry Kenny.

#30 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10821 posts) -

I cannot believe that this is a website where Deadly Premonition ("one of the greatest games ever made" - Vinny Caravella), Grand Theft Auto Five, and Saints Row the Third can lose. Granted, there's still time for this one to turn around, but I dunno. If it does, then feel free to quote this comment and say something dumb to me.

#31 Posted by Hunter5024 (5600 posts) -

It's like the most video game vs the least video game.

#32 Posted by leebmx (2238 posts) -

So glad Saint's Row is going down.

It was sometimes funny, but got way too much love, so much of it was boring and bland.

Also, I mentioned this in the Batman vs Braid thread, but comparing these games is beyond crazy. They are almost the exact opposite of each other. But i'll shut up now.

#33 Posted by BisonHero (6396 posts) -

@mooseymcman said:

I cannot believe that this is a website where Deadly Premonition ("one of the greatest games ever made" - Vinny Caravella), Grand Theft Auto Five, and Saints Row the Third can lose. Granted, there's still time for this one to turn around, but I dunno. If it does, then feel free to quote this comment and say something dumb to me.

I don't think I've ever seen the poll results turn around once we're like 200+ votes in. It's very unlikely The Walking Dead will lose at this point.

#34 Posted by RazielCuts (2943 posts) -

@leebmx said:

Also, I mentioned this in the Batman vs Braid thread, but comparing these games is beyond crazy. They are almost the exact opposite of each other. But i'll shut up now.

This has been the theme throughout the entire process. I've just learnt to roll with it and only care 'seriously' about the last round.

#35 Edited by leebmx (2238 posts) -

@leebmx said:

This has been the theme throughout the entire process. I've just learnt to roll with it and only care 'seriously' about the last round.

Yeah I've had my little moan, so I will be quiet now I think.

#36 Edited by depecheload (495 posts) -

TWD is a choose your own adventure book, but written even worse. Just like everything else associated with that franchise it's boring, overrated crap with stilted dialogue and idiotic characters who do moronic things only because the plot tells them to. As gaming technology and development ideas improve and developers find more organic ways to incorporate gamer choice into the narrative, TWD will vanish from history and become little more than a curious footnote.

In Saints Row: The Third you team up with Burt Reynolds to smash zombies with a giant purple dildo.

How this is even a competition is beyond me.

#37 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

This is by far the hardest one so far. These were my two favorite games that I played in 2012/2013. I'll have to think about it a bit more.

#38 Posted by Flappy (2188 posts) -

SR3 is losing? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

#39 Posted by Cybertification (198 posts) -

@lyisa: But the gameplay isn't satisfying enough to justify not being open world.

#40 Edited by Levius (1096 posts) -

I tried to play SR3, it played like a PS2 game with some mediocre jokes thrown in. I was so bored I couldn't continue. Walking dead was on the other game was an incredibly innovative experiment to storytelling in games.

#41 Posted by outerabiz (660 posts) -

did not finish walking dead because of ep 3 and the horrible gameplay.

SR:TT however, rocked my world

#42 Edited by SaturdayNightSpecials (2355 posts) -

Full disclosure, I am only partway through Ep 4 of Walking Dead, but I'll say this anyway: WD is good, but it just doesn't have the fundamentals down that well. Saints Row is more deft with its comedy than WD is with its drama, and it has a hell of a gameplay component too. If you're looking for the one that will be remembered as a landmark game in 5 years, of course it's WD, but that doesn't mean it's better.

#44 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -

Guys, don't do this to Saints Row The Third. Just don't let it happen like this.

#45 Posted by Slag (4222 posts) -

got ago with the TWD, really changed what an Adventure game could be. Few games had me completely in its thrall like TWD did.

But boy is this a tough one. SR3 was tons o fun.

#46 Edited by tourgen (4459 posts) -

Giant Bomb Users Hate Gameplay, Round 2.

#47 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

This was a hard choice, but I am glad to see TWD winning.

#48 Posted by jimmyfenix (3851 posts) -

walking dead yo

#49 Posted by Nightriff (4972 posts) -

Walking Dead, SR3 is a bit overrated

#50 Posted by LackingSaint (1782 posts) -

@tourgen said:

Giant Bomb Users Hate Gameplay, Round 2.

Remember how Heavy Rain lost in the first round?