• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by mracoon (5097 posts) 2 years, 7 months ago
#1 Posted by 49th (3389 posts) -

I want Batman: Arkham Asylum to win.

#2 Posted by MildMolasses (3200 posts) -

I keep voting against Dragon Age and it keeps moving on. This time I actually mean it when I vote for Batman. That's my GotG

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (17253 posts) -

Dragon Age!

#4 Posted by Vanick (333 posts) -

I voted Batman on this one. I think I would be okay with either one of these winning since I love them both.

#5 Posted by Guesty_01 (383 posts) -

Voting Batman because I think it's the better game. I probably enjoyed Dragon Age more, because it's right up my street, but in going to go with Batman because it deserves it more I feel.

#6 Posted by erhard (493 posts) -

May the best game win. Which is Dragon Age, by the way.

#7 Posted by Brodehouse (10827 posts) -

Dragon Age.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
#8 Posted by Deranged (2015 posts) -

Arkham Asylum. Biggest surprise of the past generation for me and it turned out to be one of the best game as well. Couldn't stand Dragon Age's mediocre combat system.

#9 Edited by Anund (1142 posts) -

I could never get into Batman, even though I gave it a couple of hours. Dragon Age: Origins took me 50 hours to beat and when I was done I immediately started over. So yeah.

#10 Posted by xyzygy (10596 posts) -

Batman. DA:O had bad combat and characters and the most uninteresting and predictable story.

#11 Posted by seamuspaxman (65 posts) -

Dragon Age. The idiot's Baldur's Gate.

#12 Posted by TheHT (13802 posts) -

Oh I hope it comes down to Uncharted 2 vs Arkham Asylum like on the GOTY Bombcast.

#13 Posted by slyspider (1692 posts) -

Once again, Dragon should win imo but batman is good too. Dragon age is one of my favorite games ever.

#14 Posted by Yummylee (24640 posts) -

Dragon Age.

I personally prefer Arkham City anywhoo, though Dragon Age would have still won out for me regardless.

#15 Posted by CptBedlam (4510 posts) -

I tried to get into DA:O but really couldn't. Gave up after 10 hours or so because I was bored. The was not the spiritual sequel to Baldur's Gate that people made it out to be.

#16 Posted by Demoskinos (17253 posts) -

My last hope for this tournement and its getting squashed. God the communities picks so far have been so banal and boring. ME2, RDR, Portal 2 Snoooooze fest I tell you.

#17 Posted by Nux (2671 posts) -

I liked Arkham Asylum but I had a much better time with Dragon Age Origins.

#18 Edited by outerabiz (709 posts) -

@anund said:

"Dragon Age: Origins took me 50 hours to beat and when I was done I immediately started over. So yeah."

yup.

#19 Posted by Fredchuckdave (9522 posts) -

Dragon Age is boring as all hell, Arkham Asylum is like almost as good as Arkham City, and that game was excellent!

#20 Posted by ZolRoyce (1471 posts) -

@vanick said:

I voted Batman on this one. I think I would be okay with either one of these winning since I love them both.

And I voted for Dragon Age but completely agree, no matter who wins, we win, because they're both pretty sweet games.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
#21 Posted by charlie_victor_bravo (1498 posts) -

Dragon Age, because it is not about man who dresses like a bat and fights against bad people.

#22 Posted by triviaman09 (858 posts) -

Dragon Age is the right choice here. I found Batman super repetitive after awhile and basically had to force myself to finish it. I was sad when my 50 hr playthrough of DA:O ended.

#23 Posted by Bulby33 (675 posts) -

You can't go wrong with the Batman.

I enjoyed Arkham Asylum more than Dragon Age. Both games are incredible, though.

Avatar image for apparatus_unearth
#24 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3636 posts) -

Arkham Asylum is really incredible.

#25 Posted by laserguy (546 posts) -

Batman.

Avatar image for friendlyphoenix
#26 Posted by FriendlyPhoenix (638 posts) -

Arkham Asylum is damn close to the perfect game, but I can't vote against Dragon Age.

#27 Posted by dr_mantas (2558 posts) -

You people are crazy.

This game of the gen thing soooo doesnt line up to ANYTHING I believe.

#28 Edited by Mezmero (2856 posts) -

Such an easy vote. I like Dragon Age: Origins and am surprised it made it as far as it did but dude, it's Batman. The best representation of Batman in video games.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
#29 Posted by SarcasticMudcrab (269 posts) -
#30 Edited by HH (930 posts) -

come on dudes, batman is for casuals, Dragon Age is for nerds like us, show your appreciation.

#31 Edited by Canteu (2968 posts) -

I love Batman: AA the most out of the Batman games, but a vote against DA:O is a vote against freedom!

#32 Posted by Spoonman671 (5547 posts) -

I love Dragon Age, but Arkham Asylum is such a tight, Metroid-esque experience that I cannot deny it. I sure wish they stop making those dumb open-world games though.

#33 Posted by LackingSaint (2116 posts) -

I tried to get into DA:O but really couldn't. Gave up after 10 hours or so because I was bored. The was not the spiritual sequel to Baldur's Gate that people made it out to be.

Dragon Age is boring as all hell, Arkham Asylum is like almost as good as Arkham City, and that game was excellent!

#34 Posted by D_Bones (421 posts) -

Dragon Age is MY game of the gen. Simply incredible.

#35 Posted by CptBedlam (4510 posts) -

I love Dragon Age, but Arkham Asylum is such a tight, Metroid-esque experience that I cannot deny it. I sure wish they stop making those dumb open-world games though.

Yup. AA>AC ... that open city really didn't benefit the sequel. AA had a much better sense of place.

#36 Posted by NegativeCero (3132 posts) -

I can't not vote for Dragon Age. Although it looks like AA might take it.

#37 Posted by Hunter5024 (6662 posts) -

You heathens. First Braid and now Dragon Age? Why you gotta do me like that Batman?

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
#38 Posted by ClairvoyantVibrations (1446 posts) -

I love you Dragon Age.

#39 Edited by Milkman (18759 posts) -

If something has to beat Dragon Age, I guess I'm okay with it being Arkham Asylum but just know that Dragon Age is better.

#40 Edited by ArbitraryWater (14198 posts) -

Dragon Age is still one of the better games that Bioware has made, and one of the better RPGs to be released this "generation", the caveat of course being that I'm talking about the PC version and the console versions can go die in a fire.

Batman is also great.

#41 Posted by ShaggE (7964 posts) -

Gotta keep pushing for Batman. I don't know yet if it should be GotG, but I found Dragon Age dull after a while (blame my disinterest in the fantasy genre) despite how good it was.

#42 Edited by Jeust (11739 posts) -

I hate Dragon Age: Origins with passion!

@xyzygy said:

Batman. DA:O had bad combat and characters and the most uninteresting and predictable story.

I completely agree with you. Also the world seems for the most part ripped from Lord of the Rings and its events.

#43 Edited by crusader8463 (14759 posts) -

Shame if Batman wins. Such a bad game compared to DA.

#44 Posted by Demoskinos (17253 posts) -

@jeust said:

@xyzygy said:

I completely agree with you. Also the world seems for the most part ripped from Lord of the Rings and its events.

Really really? Predictable story? Batman trotting out the Joker every goddamn time as the final obstacle in Batman's way is the definition of contrived.

#45 Posted by Jeust (11739 posts) -

@jeust said:

@xyzygy said:

Really really? Predictable story? Batman trotting out the Joker every goddamn time as the final obstacle in Batman's way is the definition of contrived.

Yeah but what about the other bosses in the game? Scarecrow, Bane, Poison Ivy, etc...

#46 Posted by Matt (1080 posts) -

Dragon Age deserves this.

#47 Posted by TowerSixteen (554 posts) -

Hmmm. I enjoyed Dragon Age more, it was much more my style, but Batman is the tighter, more polished experience.

#48 Posted by ILikePopCans (929 posts) -

Fuck spiders.

But Dragon Age: Origins

#49 Posted by YI_Orange (1303 posts) -

Only poll that's been tough for me so far. I think I gotta give the love to Dragon Age. I'll be totally happy if Arkham Asylum takes it though.

#50 Posted by senrat (359 posts) -

Arkham Asylum was the more innovative and focused game. I felt like Dragon Age scratched my Bioware RPG itch, but its no KOTOR to me.