• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by mracoon (4979 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago
#1 Posted by 49th (2848 posts) -

I want Batman: Arkham Asylum to win.

#2 Posted by MildMolasses (3229 posts) -

I keep voting against Dragon Age and it keeps moving on. This time I actually mean it when I vote for Batman. That's my GotG

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (15160 posts) -

Dragon Age!

#4 Posted by Vanick (332 posts) -

I voted Batman on this one. I think I would be okay with either one of these winning since I love them both.

#5 Posted by Guesty_01 (382 posts) -

Voting Batman because I think it's the better game. I probably enjoyed Dragon Age more, because it's right up my street, but in going to go with Batman because it deserves it more I feel.

#6 Posted by erhard (441 posts) -

May the best game win. Which is Dragon Age, by the way.

#7 Posted by Brodehouse (10130 posts) -

Dragon Age.

#8 Posted by Deranged (1859 posts) -

Arkham Asylum. Biggest surprise of the past generation for me and it turned out to be one of the best game as well. Couldn't stand Dragon Age's mediocre combat system.

#9 Edited by Anund (940 posts) -

I could never get into Batman, even though I gave it a couple of hours. Dragon Age: Origins took me 50 hours to beat and when I was done I immediately started over. So yeah.

#10 Posted by xyzygy (10078 posts) -

Batman. DA:O had bad combat and characters and the most uninteresting and predictable story.

#11 Posted by seamuspaxman (56 posts) -

Dragon Age. The idiot's Baldur's Gate.

#12 Posted by TheHT (11799 posts) -

Oh I hope it comes down to Uncharted 2 vs Arkham Asylum like on the GOTY Bombcast.

#13 Posted by slyspider (1371 posts) -

Once again, Dragon should win imo but batman is good too. Dragon age is one of my favorite games ever.

#14 Posted by Yummylee (22572 posts) -

Dragon Age.

I personally prefer Arkham City anywhoo, though Dragon Age would have still won out for me regardless.

#15 Posted by CptBedlam (4458 posts) -

I tried to get into DA:O but really couldn't. Gave up after 10 hours or so because I was bored. The was not the spiritual sequel to Baldur's Gate that people made it out to be.

#16 Posted by Demoskinos (15160 posts) -

My last hope for this tournement and its getting squashed. God the communities picks so far have been so banal and boring. ME2, RDR, Portal 2 Snoooooze fest I tell you.

#17 Posted by Nux (2424 posts) -

I liked Arkham Asylum but I had a much better time with Dragon Age Origins.

#18 Edited by outerabiz (666 posts) -

@anund said:

"Dragon Age: Origins took me 50 hours to beat and when I was done I immediately started over. So yeah."

yup.

#19 Posted by Fredchuckdave (6158 posts) -

Dragon Age is boring as all hell, Arkham Asylum is like almost as good as Arkham City, and that game was excellent!

#20 Posted by ZolRoyce (846 posts) -

@vanick said:

I voted Batman on this one. I think I would be okay with either one of these winning since I love them both.

And I voted for Dragon Age but completely agree, no matter who wins, we win, because they're both pretty sweet games.

#21 Posted by charlie_victor_bravo (1047 posts) -

Dragon Age, because it is not about man who dresses like a bat and fights against bad people.

#22 Posted by triviaman09 (804 posts) -

Dragon Age is the right choice here. I found Batman super repetitive after awhile and basically had to force myself to finish it. I was sad when my 50 hr playthrough of DA:O ended.

#23 Posted by Bulby33 (617 posts) -

You can't go wrong with the Batman.

I enjoyed Arkham Asylum more than Dragon Age. Both games are incredible, though.

#24 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3245 posts) -

Arkham Asylum is really incredible.

#25 Posted by laserguy (455 posts) -

Batman.

#26 Posted by FriendlyPhoenix (468 posts) -

Arkham Asylum is damn close to the perfect game, but I can't vote against Dragon Age.

#27 Posted by dr_mantas (2062 posts) -

You people are crazy.

This game of the gen thing soooo doesnt line up to ANYTHING I believe.

#28 Edited by Mezmero (2071 posts) -

Such an easy vote. I like Dragon Age: Origins and am surprised it made it as far as it did but dude, it's Batman. The best representation of Batman in video games.

#29 Posted by SarcasticMudcrab (209 posts) -

@charlie_victor_bravo: there are many reasons dragon age should win this, but I like this one the most.

#30 Edited by HH (629 posts) -

come on dudes, batman is for casuals, Dragon Age is for nerds like us, show your appreciation.

#31 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

I love Batman: AA the most out of the Batman games, but a vote against DA:O is a vote against freedom!

#32 Posted by Spoonman671 (4774 posts) -

I love Dragon Age, but Arkham Asylum is such a tight, Metroid-esque experience that I cannot deny it. I sure wish they stop making those dumb open-world games though.

#33 Posted by LackingSaint (1856 posts) -

I tried to get into DA:O but really couldn't. Gave up after 10 hours or so because I was bored. The was not the spiritual sequel to Baldur's Gate that people made it out to be.

Dragon Age is boring as all hell, Arkham Asylum is like almost as good as Arkham City, and that game was excellent!

#34 Posted by D_Bones (365 posts) -

Dragon Age is MY game of the gen. Simply incredible.

#35 Posted by CptBedlam (4458 posts) -

I love Dragon Age, but Arkham Asylum is such a tight, Metroid-esque experience that I cannot deny it. I sure wish they stop making those dumb open-world games though.

Yup. AA>AC ... that open city really didn't benefit the sequel. AA had a much better sense of place.

#36 Posted by NegativeCero (3039 posts) -

I can't not vote for Dragon Age. Although it looks like AA might take it.

#37 Posted by Hunter5024 (5968 posts) -

You heathens. First Braid and now Dragon Age? Why you gotta do me like that Batman?

#38 Posted by Skyfire543 (766 posts) -

I love you Dragon Age.

#39 Edited by Milkman (17328 posts) -

If something has to beat Dragon Age, I guess I'm okay with it being Arkham Asylum but just know that Dragon Age is better.

#40 Edited by ArbitraryWater (12123 posts) -

Dragon Age is still one of the better games that Bioware has made, and one of the better RPGs to be released this "generation", the caveat of course being that I'm talking about the PC version and the console versions can go die in a fire.

Batman is also great.

#41 Posted by ShaggE (6714 posts) -

Gotta keep pushing for Batman. I don't know yet if it should be GotG, but I found Dragon Age dull after a while (blame my disinterest in the fantasy genre) despite how good it was.

#42 Edited by Jeust (10860 posts) -

I hate Dragon Age: Origins with passion!

@xyzygy said:

Batman. DA:O had bad combat and characters and the most uninteresting and predictable story.

I completely agree with you. Also the world seems for the most part ripped from Lord of the Rings and its events.

#43 Edited by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

Shame if Batman wins. Such a bad game compared to DA.

#44 Posted by Demoskinos (15160 posts) -

@jeust said:

@xyzygy said:

I completely agree with you. Also the world seems for the most part ripped from Lord of the Rings and its events.

Really really? Predictable story? Batman trotting out the Joker every goddamn time as the final obstacle in Batman's way is the definition of contrived.

#45 Posted by Jeust (10860 posts) -

@jeust said:

@xyzygy said:

Really really? Predictable story? Batman trotting out the Joker every goddamn time as the final obstacle in Batman's way is the definition of contrived.

Yeah but what about the other bosses in the game? Scarecrow, Bane, Poison Ivy, etc...

#46 Posted by Matt (968 posts) -

Dragon Age deserves this.

#47 Posted by TowerSixteen (544 posts) -

Hmmm. I enjoyed Dragon Age more, it was much more my style, but Batman is the tighter, more polished experience.

#48 Posted by ILikePopCans (775 posts) -

Fuck spiders.

But Dragon Age: Origins

#49 Posted by YI_Orange (1172 posts) -

Only poll that's been tough for me so far. I think I gotta give the love to Dragon Age. I'll be totally happy if Arkham Asylum takes it though.

#50 Posted by senrat (329 posts) -

Arkham Asylum was the more innovative and focused game. I felt like Dragon Age scratched my Bioware RPG itch, but its no KOTOR to me.