#1 Posted by wemibelec90 (1671 posts) -

After spending money on necessary things, I found myself left with $15 and couldn't think of what to spend it on.  Does anyone know of any good games for around that price?  I don't have a single cent more than that so preferably nothing over that amount.  I play just about anything out there, so feel free to suggest any genre. 

Also, I have most of the great Xbox Live Arcade games, including the more recent ones.
#2 Posted by EVO (3910 posts) -

Have you played Machinarium? They recently dropped the price to $10.

Or Shatter? That's also only $10. I highly recommend both games.

#3 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -
#4 Edited by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -
#5 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

Darksiders is $5 on Steam today.

#6 Edited by BeachThunder (11943 posts) -

You really need to tell us what kind of thing you're looking for, because honestly, there are a lot of great games under $15...

And don't say "anything" :(

#7 Edited by louiedog (2335 posts) -

You can get a new copy of Brutal Legend for $7 with free shipping at Newegg. I think most of the bad rap that game got was due to people thinking it was a different kind of game. I loved it and I know many others who did as well.

There's a bunch of good used games at Gamefly right now for $15 or less with free shipping. Alan Wake, Bulletstorm, Enslaved, Dead Rising 2, and some others that I see just by glancing through. They had New Vegas for $10, but it looks like they ran out. I picked it up for $10 new at Best Buy a couple of months ago and it's been getting discounts all over so if you look around you might be able to find it for $15 or less.

If you have Red Dead Redemption but not Undead Nightmare you should pick that up. It's on sale for $5 right now from the Xbox Live Marketplace. You'll get a solid 6+ hours out of that.

#8 Posted by Demoskinos (14837 posts) -

@wemibelec90: I would really reccomend Dungeons of Dredmor. Amazing indie Roguelike on steam!

#9 Edited by Silver-Streak (1359 posts) -

http://store.steampowered.com/app/15130/ <-- Beyond Good and Evil, $10

http://store.steampowered.com/app/6000/ <-- Republic Commando, (Currently) $5

http://store.steampowered.com/app/6310/ <-- The Longest Journey, $10

http://store.steampowered.com/app/50620/ <-- Darksiders, $5

http://store.steampowered.com/app/32370/ <-- Knights of hte old republic, $5

In fact, best value would probably be KOTOR+Darksiders+Republic Commando. They all have different flavors of game, but all have quality.

BG&E holds a special place in my heart, and I hope the sequel gets made. It's worth checking out. The Longest Journey is crazy, and fantastic.

These are just some of the ones that popped up when I did a quick search.

#10 Posted by BoG (5191 posts) -

Find free indie games. Most all of the gaming I do lately is free.
#11 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Shadow Complex just in case you didn't have it already on xbl.

#12 Posted by Elusionar (309 posts) -

I can sell you my copy of Sneak King for 15$ its still in its original raping.

#13 Posted by ThePaleKing (613 posts) -

Renegade Ops. Brad gave it a glowing review, the quicklook was entertaining, and almost all reaction has been positive.

#14 Posted by Xeirus (1305 posts) -

@wemibelec90: Someone linked the Steam under $10 and the first thing I saw was Limbo.... for god sakes if you haven't played it, do it man

#15 Posted by thisguyrich (88 posts) -

have you played Rez HD? I think thats 15 bucks.

#16 Posted by bybeach (4831 posts) -

Portal 1 is free? There has been so many excellent suggestions, but wow! My choice though of course is Elusionar's Sneak King..I couldn't stop laughing!

#17 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

Gemini Rue

#18 Posted by huntad (1940 posts) -

@louiedog: Thanks for recommending Gamefly. I got Killzone 3 and Bulletstorm for a lot cheaper than I would have elsewhere. I don't really really want the games, but there are no rental places around here that have 'em and this is cheap enough to justify as a 'trial' purchase. :)

#19 Posted by Emmanuelle79 (4 posts) -

@Elusionar said:

If you’re going to try to sell that 15$, at lease take out the giant 2$ price tag. My side hurts from laughing so hard.

#20 Posted by shinigami420 (640 posts) -
#21 Posted by AndrewB (7620 posts) -

@Elusionar said:

Raping sounds about right for a game like Sneak King.

#22 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11742 posts) -

If you like the older stuff, Good Old Games' stuff is either $6 or $10, and they have some of the best PC games from the 90s if you're into that.

#23 Edited by Sanaj (170 posts) -

Magicka is $2.50 on steam today Sunday, Sept. 18 ($10 regular price). You play as a mage and cast spells by combining up to 8 different elements.

Also, Dungeons of Dredmor is $5 on steam (regular price). It's a rogue-like that doesn't take itself too seriously.

I've played quite a bit of both games and they're some of the most fun I've had with smaller games released this year.

#24 Posted by satansmagichat (187 posts) -

So what platforms you playin on? Cuz I can get you a copy of Super Mario 3 NES for 5 bucks. Otherwise, you know, more info and all to better help us help you.

#25 Edited by Helios1337 (325 posts) -

@ArbitraryWater: Yup, you can pick up all the Tex Murphy games for $15 this weekend with the 50% off deal.

#26 Posted by Tea_bird (22 posts) -

I'm not sure what platform you're wanting to play on, but Steam is the place to look for good deals. Right now they have Knights of the Old Republic for $5. Time hasn't been particularly nice to it, but it's still a great game you should experience if you haven't.

#27 Posted by BeachThunder (11943 posts) -

Whispered World is the Daily Deal on Steam; if you like adventure games and can tolerate an adult male voice actor playing a child, then the game is great.