• 128 results
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust

There are great games, that due to the amount and hype of games being released, are no longer remember. 

This is a thread to remember and get excited about them. 

What are the games you love and no one remembers? 

Here are some of mine: 

No Caption Provided
A zombie game ahead of its time. Funny and adictive game, with co-op.  

No Caption Provided
 A great j-rpg from one of their prime times. A great storyline and fun gameplay from Enix, before fusing with Square.

No Caption Provided

What's yours? :p
themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By themangalist

Seven Kingdoms II. Best RTS game ever made in my book.
Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Boiglenoight

Solar Jetman. Loved that game.

Axelay is fantastic, as was Cybernator.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ShaneDev
Don't know many and this probably doesn't really count but Independence War 2 is never really mentioned when people talk about great space sims.  Slightly  buggy but really good.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jeust
@themangalist said:
Seven Kingdoms II. Best RTS game ever made in my book.
In mine too. :D
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By BoG

Anyone ever play Freedom Fighters? One of my favorite GC games from the middle school days. I've never understood how so few people played it.
themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By themangalist
@BoG:   
You kidding? Freedom Fighters has one of the most dedicated fanbases aside from Republic Commando, which also has a huge following waiting for a sequel. The two games almost ALWAYS show up on "Sequels we want" threads.  

I played it, but I can't say i liked it much :/

@Jeust: 

Glad to see another person on earth who remembers that game. Great gem overshadowed by AoE2 (also amazing) which was released months after. Shame, shame :(

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jeust
@themangalist said:
@Jeust: Glad to see another person on earth who remembers that game. Great gem overshadowed by AoE2 (also amazing) which was released months after.
hehehe it is a pity... Such a great game, that received so little recognition. 
AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By AndrewB
JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By JTB123

Two games always spring to mind instantly whenever I see a topic like this. It's even worse that these go unheard of because they're not really that old.

No Caption Provided
This game still holds up extremely well mechanically, the combat can get very technical on higher modes. 

No Caption Provided
The changes third person shooters have gone through make this seem really dated, but the powers are a ton of fun to use and give you a lot of freedom.
Witzig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Witzig

Steel Panthers was my favorite turn based strategy game and no one I know has played it.
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Little Big Adventure 1 & 2.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By mfpantst
@JTB123: I thought shadow of rome was bad, but psi ops maybe was good?
themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By themangalist
@JTB123
Oh YES!!!!!! Shadow of Rome! It's an amazing game and yet I haven't finished it. It gets really hard. 

Spartan: Total Warrior anyone? The combat was very very fun, battles very very epic. Just didn't succeed in the looks department.
spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By spankingaddict
@JTB123: Yeah, I just started playing Shadow of Rome for the first time last night. It's pretty cool. It's no GOW or POP, but still pretty good...
JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JokerSmilez
DreamWeb
DreamWeb
Blade Runner
Blade Runner
The Adventures of Lolo
The Adventures of Lolo
Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zabant
Dont Act Like You Dont Like The Ballbuster 
Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zabant
Because time Travel is Cool.
Because time Travel is Cool.
skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By skrutop

@JTB123 said:

No Caption Provided
The changes third person shooters have gone through make this seem really dated, but the powers are a ton of fun to use and give you a lot of freedom.

This game was fantastic! It started off really slow, but it's just tremendous once you get TK.

sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sionweeks

Illusion of Gaia is pretty big among RPG lovers I think 

Super Aleste for the SNES was an awesome top down shooter that not a lot of people remember (I think)

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CheapPoison
@Zabant said:

Good reminder! 
Need to think! Mhhhhhh..
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22  Edited By Hizang

Am I right?

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TwilitEnd656

Well, it had mixed reviews, but... 
I want to believe Glover is worth a mention.
kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#24  Edited By kalmis
No Caption Provided
Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Boiglenoight

And of course, Space Hulk.

No Caption Provided
blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26  Edited By blackbird415

@Jeust: believe me I remember those. SO MANY HOURS OF ZOMBIES ATE MY NEIGHBORHOOD

strangely enough no one I have met has either known or played the original soulblade. Ive even know fans of the series that didnt realize it existed. This is a strange occurrence to me considering for all I know it was a big release.

No Caption Provided
JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#27  Edited By JTB123
@mfpantst: That's certainly a first, what didn't you like about Shadow of Rome? 

I am mainly referring to the quality of the combat by the way, the stealth sections were annoying and the story was ok at best. But the combat was great.
Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ChickenPants

I would sat that Zombies Ate my Neighbours is retty well remembered.

For me The Neverhood and Broken Sword I.

Tally_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Tally_Pants

I actually own both Illusions of Gaia and Zombies ate My Neighbours lol

NickBOTT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By NickBOTT

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Just to name a few
Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Aus_azn
@blackbird415 said:

@Jeust: believe me I remember those. SO MANY HOURS OF ZOMBIES ATE MY NEIGHBORHOOD

strangely enough no one I have met has either known or played the original soulblade. Ive even know fans of the series that didnt realize it existed. This is a strange occurrence to me considering for all I know it was a big release.

No Caption Provided
I have. I owned it. Goooood times.
valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By valrog

MediEvil 2. 

No Caption Provided
*Wipes a man-tear*
lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#34  Edited By lead_farmer

@blackbird415: Man, I remember Soulblade. I'm glad somebody mentioned it because one of my buddies loves Soul calibur and he was talking about "hey remember the first Soul Calibur?" and when I said "Yeah, Soulblade was pretty great." he had no idea what I was talking about.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35  Edited By Castiel

@kalmis said:

No Caption Provided

Oh man I used to play the demo of this constantly, it was awesome! Never played the full game though :(

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Boiglenoight

The Mafat Conspiracy was a much improved game over the original Golgo 13.

The Box Art
The Box Art

Terrible boxart though. Jesus.

Nomin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By Nomin

I liked Outcast.  
Oni was pretty cool too. 

FrankWeidner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FrankWeidner
@JokerSmilez: Hopped on this page specifically to see if anyone had mentioned The Adventures of Lolo. That game is badass - I was only five when we got it, and it was a little to tough for me at the time, but I remember watching my dad play it for hours on end. The music is burned into my brain. As is the horror of getting instantly stabbed to death by those fucking medusa heads.
oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By oraknabo

Obscure Classics

Games I love that are less than popular and/or unforgettably weird

1. StarTropics

Mike Jones!

2. Solstice: The Quest for the Staff of Demnos

Excellent isometric puzzle adventuring.

3. Clash at Demonhead

Billy "Big Bang" Blitz vs Tom "chief of governors" Guycot. A classic action side-scroller! With a non-linear map to boot.

4. Flashback: The Quest for Identity

The first game with cutscenes? Great character animation in the tradition of Prince of Persia, gorgeous environments and a great sci-fi storyline.

5. Parodius

A spoof of the Gradius games, with spacecraft replaced by penguins and flying heads.

6. Stretch Panic

A game with a strange, almost feminist angle. You play a little girl with a sort of possessed scarf that can grab and stretch anything in the environment. Your sisters have been turned into bizarre exaggerated creatures and you have to fight through a world of weird big-breasted women to save them. You attack by pulling on things and allowing them to snap back.

7. General Chaos

This game is a lot of fun. The troops-orders mechanic reminds me of more recent games like Freedom Fighters and Full Spectrum Warrior.

8. Decap Attack

Bizarre side-scrolling platformer in which you play as Chuck D. Head, a sort of headless mummy with a set of eyes in the middle of his chest. Your primary weapon is your severed head.

9. Seaman

Something of a product of the Tomogachi/Furby craze, you raise a series of smartass talking animals with disturbing human faces as they evolve from "mushroomers" into a frog form. You have to have the DC mic for this one and there is little interaction beyond talking to him and feeding him moth larvae you raise in a nearby cage. Leonard Nimoy greets you as you enter each session of the game. There was a sequel where Seaman returns as a seagull and helps you raise a caveman, but I never played that one.

10. Incredible Crisis

A crazy, fast-paced collection of minigames strung together by a plot about one day in the life of a Japanese family, the proto-warioware.

11. Gitaroo Man

Probably my favorite rhythm game ever. You must rock out on the guitar in competition with diaper-clad demons, alien invaders and black elvis impersonators in bee costumes. Made even funnier by how incredibly self-depricating the protagonist is throughout the game.

12. Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan

Probably the best handheld rhythm game ever. Popularized in the US as Elite Beat Agents, but the original is far superior.

13. E. V. O.: Search for Eden

Evolution Action!

14. Herdy Gerdy

Sort of has a Harvest Moon vibe but more fantastic. You live on a farm and have to go through a series of levels herding little chickens and other animals into pens before these big pink bear things can eat them. Though the gameplay leaves a little to be desired, the art and animation are astounding.

15. Tail of the Sun

A caveman simulator. Hunt and explore different climates. Make sure your people reproduce and as you become more intelligent your weapons and skills are more refined. The ultimate goal of the game is to build a totem of mammoth bones.

16. Total Distortion

Probably the most crazy stupid game ever made. GUITAR WARRIOR!!!

17. Disaster Report

You are a reporter on an artificial island that is sinking into the ocean after an earthquake. You have to keep moving to the high ground while avoiding aftershocks and finding clean water. It's like Silent Hill with the zombies and fog swapped out with a natural distster. The coding is messy and the framerate often drags, but a great concept and worthwhile game. Ubisoft is apparently working on a similar game using the Assassin's Creed Engine for 2009.

18. Jumping Flash! 2

an unusual FPS where you play a cartoon rabbit who can jump really high. Never played the first one.

19. Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side

Better than MK? The Senator needs a page.

20. Haunting Starring Polterguy

This game is hilarious. The isometric view makes the control a but kludgy but once you get the hang of it it's a lot of fun.

21. Mister Mosquito

Spend a season terrorizing the Yamada family as a pesky mosquito. This is mini-stealth. Drain as much blood as you can without getting swatted. Create distractions whenever possible and don't get too violent with the sucking.

22. Cosmology of Kyoto

This is one of my favorite games ever and it's one of the few I can recommend from the boom of Myst-style cd-rom PC games. Based on Japanese folktales, You navigate through a demon haunted Kyoto where you are forced to make moral decisions and avoid danger. This is probably one of the first true sandbox games. You are never forced into a linear storyline, but events are triggered when you reach certain locations. You can die easily, but that's not the end. Depending on your decisions, You end up in various levels of hell where you can navigate back to reincarnation. I'd love a current-gen remake of this one.

23. Kumauta

Polar Bear Karaoke. Weird Synth voices. Not much else to say about this one.

24. Vib-Ribbon

Anyone who thought the look and feel of Parappa were unusual should see how much further these games take simple art and musical gameplay. I wish so bad there had been an American release of these games.

25. Mojib Ribbon

See Vib Ribbon

26. Panorama Cotton

Parodius meets space harrier.

27. Herzog Zwei

The original RTS? There need to be more RTS games with transforming robots.

28. BlackThorne

Similar in many ways to Flashback, this early effort from Blizzard was decidedly more badass.

29. Toki: Going Ape Spit

A pretty basic Contra-style scrolling shooter, except for the fact that you play a football helmet-wearing chimp who battles with spit.

30. Illbleed

You play a girl with a history of abuse that has to find her lost friends in a horror theme park by entering attractions alone. You don't fight much but have to watch your senses on meters at the top of the screen and if you see, smell or hear anything you can brace yourself for a scare. Upon failure to brace yourself, your heart rate rises and you eventually pass out or die. To protect yourself, you can upgrade your organs and senses with cyber-replacements as you advance in the game. On top of it all, when you get hurt you gush impossible amounts of blood.

31. God Hand

An instant classic. I have never laughed out loud as often while playing a game.

32. SOS

The proto-disaster game. Play one of four different characters on a Posiedon Adventure-like sinking cruise ship.

blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41  Edited By blackbird415

@Aus_azn: I played it in the arcade where they called it souledge. Saved up money to buy the PlayStation version. Didnt have an allowance so I scrounged for every quarter I could find for a month. Payed all in quarters at the local target.

No Caption Provided

@lead_farmer: I know! It happens way too often

This thread is a good walk down memory lane

dirkfunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By dirkfunk

Space Megaforce, The Combatribes, Demon's Crest, Dragon's Fury/Devil Crush,  Rock 'n Roll Racing, Crusader of Centy, The Thunderforce Series (a favorite among Genesis fans, I don't hear other people say much about it though), Wonder Boy in Monster World (Dynastic Hero), Ristar. . .

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By SSValis
@JTB123 said:
Two games always spring to mind instantly whenever I see a topic like this. It's even worse that these go unheard of because they're not really that old.

No Caption Provided
This game still holds up extremely well mechanically, the combat can get very technical on higher modes. 

No Caption Provided
yes this! I forgot about them, nice call dude.
Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Fallout 1
 Fallout 1

Fallout 2
 Fallout 2
Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@Jeust:  Zombies was a great game, played the life out of it (ha).

I'd say Skies of Arcadia Legends, since its only been on DC and GC, lots of people still have never touched them (a shame, I hate remakes but this title could use one).
jaymorgoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jaymorgoth

The Shadow Hearts series has always been rather underrated in my opinion. Fantastic RPG's and the judgement ring system really adds some interesting flavor to the battles and buying items.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By Cameron

Areobiz for the Genesis

Brigandine for the PSX

Shining Force 3 for the Saturn (people might remember this, but it is still awesome)

Dragon Force for the Saturn

Another shout out for Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Iron Storm for the Saturn

Vanguard Bandits for the PSX

That's all I can think of now, but I have really enjoyed reading through some of these lists. There were some great PSX and PC games I had forgotten about.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

I liked a game called Ultimate Domain.  It's from the mid nineties.  Hard to find any information anywhere.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#49  Edited By Yummylee
@JTB123 said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Fucking sublime games. I recently played through Shadow of Rome again and it's still really accessible and fun. I laughed out loud all over again when I unlocked the Gorilla skin for Agrippa too! 

Psi Ops always brings me back to Second Sight; those two were like the inFAMOUS/Prototype compatible duo of the last generation. I preferred Psi Ops considerably, though I really enjoyed Second Sight for its cool conspiracy storyline and those clay-like character models that Crytek games were known for. Too bad none of 'em didn't even lead into a single sequel. Psi Ops in particular I had my hopes for since that motherfucker ended on a terribly abrupt cliff hanger. 

I suppose the Fear Effect games are fairly unknown in this day because of them only existing on the PS1; almost had a sequel for the ps2, though that was cancelled. Certainly not the most obscure, but I always like bringing them up just to give them a little extra exposure :P  

EDIT: Oh, any fellow Lost Viking fans? <3
mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50  Edited By mfpantst
@JTB123: Actually I never played it.  I remember considering buying it and hearing everything you listed except the combat being great.  if that's true then I'm sad I missed it.